Morning Date. part one.

When Friends Fall In Love

 

---Choi Residence ; Saturday (7:00 am)---

Knock Knock !

Startled by the figure at her back door, the petite girl quickly placed the food on the table before scurrying over to great her early morning guest. 'Oh! Sehun-ah! What're you doing up so early?'

'Good morning Tiffany noona. Sorry for coming over so early but I have plans with Sulli today.’ Sehun greeted his noona.

'Oh, I understand but it seems I need to head off to work now,' Tiffany said as she glanced at her watch and started scrambling to get all her things ready to go,  'Can you wake Jinri up and tell her breakfast is ready. By the way, there's extra if you'd like! Bye Sehun-ah!', and with that the door closed to leave Sehun to his thoughts.

Sehun walked into the dining room to see a nice breakfast laid out on the table. He decided that he would go with s classic breakfast-in-bed approach. While looking through the cabinets for a sturdy breakfast tray, he thought back to the plan that Kai had told him about yesterday.

 

** *

 

‘So, here’s the plan. Tomorrow, we each take them both out on a ‘friendly’ date in the morning and then switch during the afternoon and take the other on an evening date We’ll take precautions so that we won’t get caught and they’ll never know.’

Sehun could almost see Kai smirking at his self proclaimed ‘brilliant’ idea, and quite frankly he wasn’t so sure about this because Kim Jongin had a history of good ideas gone bad. Sehun was also never any good at keeping secrets so he’s afraid that he’d mess things up and jeopardize their friendships.  ‘Are you sure about this Kai? What if we get caught or the ‘date’ goes terribly wrong?’

‘Don’t worry about it Sehun. I’m planning out my dates tomorrow so you should too. You take Sulli out first and I’ll notify you when it’s time to switch.’ And with that Kai hung up, leaving Sehun to start coming up with date plans of his own.

 

***

 

Sehun knocked on Sulli’s door three times to see if she was awake yet. Seeing as he got no answer he opened the door just a bit to see her fast asleep in bed. He chuckled, what a sleepyhead. He walked over to her bed and placed the breakfast tray on the bedside table. ‘Ssul, wake up.’ He had expected her to wake up easily as she always did but today all he got from her was a bunch of mumbling and she was fast asleep again. Picking up one of her pillows, he playfully hit her multiple times until she slowly sat up to face him. 

‘Sehun? What are you doing here at ... 7:30?’ 

‘We had plans today remember, I texted you last night.’

Sulli checked her phone and there it was. She probably didn’t notice it because her and Krystal had been on the phone late late last night talking about the SeKai duo. ‘Hehe, sorry Sehun. Krystal and I stayed up late talking about yo--,’ Sulli caught herself,’ you guys and all of our childhood memories together. So I didn’t realize.’ Phew, I almost told revealed a bit of yesterday to him.

Luckily Sehun didn’t catch Sulli’s minor mistake and turned to leave the room. ‘I’ll give you an hour Ssul, then we’re heading out.’

 

---

 

An hour and a half later, they found themselves on a stroll around the park. Seeing as it was still early morning, the area was filled with elderly couples taking strolls, joggers and bicyclists on normal routine and families with young children out for some fresh air to start of their Saturday morning. The two teenagers walked around the park aimlessly, talking about their life, their friends, but unconsciously they both avoid said topics; Krystal Jung and Kai.

‘Here’s a free bench Ssul, want to sit for awhile? I think you’re legs will give out from all the walking.’ The duo sat down on the old bench in a comfortable silence, looking into the park scenery, taking in the sounds of birds chirping and both thinking the same thing - same old park, the good things never get old

Sehun broke the silence, ‘Stores don’t open until another two hours. Any ideas of where you want to go?’

‘Hmm, I’m not too sure. I never planned anything for this weekend and aren’t you supposed to have places planned out? You’re the one who called me out today.’

‘I wasn’t planning much either. I just decided to keep things simple and do whatever we can and want to do in the given time.’

‘Given time?’ Sulli asked, confused at his choice of words, ‘We normally hang out all day and quite often, so I don’t think time is that much of a problem Sehun-ah.’

‘Oh yeah, right,’ he sheepishly nodded. Think of an excuse.... a reasonable one. ‘Well about that, I actually do have plans afterwards. You remember that assignment that Mrs. Park gave out? Yeah, I was thinking about starting my research a bit early.’ Yes, finally an assignment saved me.

Sulli stared at him, ‘Wow. We got the assignment yesterday and it’s not due until another 3 weeks and you’re starting now? .... No wonder your marks are way better than mine.’

Sehun laughed at her pouting and stood up. ‘Well now that you know. Let’s make the best of the morning we have.’

 

---

 

They entered upon a small bookstore in town. Sulli’s idea of course. Her mission was to get a new diary, seeing as her old one is now completely full, and a novel that she had been wanting to read for quite awhile now. Sehun followed her around the store like the gentlemen he is because after all he offered her the morning out.

‘Ah! I found the book.’ Sulli exclaimed when she picked up the last copy of the book she had been dying to get a hold of. Handing the book over to Sehun, she started browsing the rest of the books by the same author to see if there was something else worth reading. Sehun took this as a chance to read a bit about what the book was about. A Princess on an adventure with her unknown Prince Charming. Ssul, you never change now do you. He chuckled quietly to himself before catching up to the girl completely mesmerized by the bookstore’s new additions.

 

---

 

Mmmm, the smell of food. Oh, how I’ve missed you. Sehun hadn’t realized how hungry he was until they stepped in the little cafe down the street. Maybe it was a bad idea to skip out on Tiffany noona’s breakfast. I’m starving.

‘Welcome to Sweet Cakes Cafe. May I interest you both in today’s couple special? A large slice of our newest cake, on the house, and your pick of two drinks,’ the waitress greeted the two.

‘Ah, we’re no-,’

‘Yes please. And that will be everything for us.’ Sehun replied as he returned the menus back to the waitress. 

Once she was out of earshot Sulli questioned Sehun. ‘Why’d you tell her that we were a couple?’

‘Hey, it’s free cake and I’m starving. Let’s let this one slide this once Ssul.’ Sehun pleaded.

Sulli rolled her eyes at him, ‘Alright then, dig in. I’m hungry.’

Little did the two of them know that one of them was glad to figure out that their relationship was meant to be just friends.

 

 

--- a/n.

 

annyeong readers! It’s been awhile and it’s great to see more subscribers (: school’s back so i’m going to be juggling quite a bit of work and i’ll try to update as soon as i can, as much as i can. as for the pairings, i see many common ships popping up. i’ve already planned the ending so keep expecting and i’ll update soon. byebye !