Merry Kreasemas

Crack!EXO Drabbles

 

☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃

Chanyeol’s the most excited out of all of them.

Maybe it’s because he’s the only one that’s not confused.

The santa hat sits in a little lump in the middle of the coffee table, the center of attention for everyone in the room.

Kai’s sprawled himself over at least a conservative 60% of the couch while Kyungsoo sits on the floor, resting his back on the same place where Kai’s hand dangles. Sehun forced Kai’s legs bent so he could sit by his feet, and Luhan’s on the arm of the couch next to him. Everyone else is somewhere on the floor, Chanyeol drumming on the table like an overly-excited puppy, except for Suho, who’d dragged a wooden chair from the kitchen so he could sit there instead. Kris stands in the doorway even though Tao’s trying to get his attention to sit next to him.

Chanyeol takes out the piece of paper he’d salvaged from the recycling bin, ignoring the side that has a misprinted daily schedule on it and hastily ripping it into twelve uneven little pieces. He whips out the pen from behind his ear and starts scribbling furiously on all the scraps, making a little pile once he’s finished writing the names on them, folding them each in half in his own little assembly line.

He finally finishes and motions to Baekhyun excitedly, and he slides him the santa hat from across the table. Chanyeol stuffs the scraps in the hat and shakes it around, springing up before anyone else realizes what’s happening.

“Leaders first!” Chanyeol announces, standing in front of Kris and extending the hat with the mixed names of all the members of EXO, smiling so big that Kris manages to wipe of his normal air of indifference.

“I just take one?” He says thickly, sticking his hand into the felt hat and drawing it out with a folded slip of paper. 

Before he opens, it, Chanyeol looks at him sternly and gives the rest of the room a narrow of his eyes. “And remember! Don’t reveal who you have toanyone! It’s not fun that way.”

His warning loses some of its dramatic effect as he watches Kris as he opens his little slip of paper and actually seems pleased with the name written inside, giving him another huge smile before spinning around to give Suho a chance to draw out of the hat.

Even though Baekhyun’s back where he was sitting before and Lay’s much closer to Suho, Chanyeol runs back across the room to give him his turn in drawing from the hat. Baekhyun opens it as Chanyeol’s at the couch, bending to let Kai lazily reach for his slip and extending the hat to Kyungsoo next.

Kai had been trying to sneak a peek around Kyungsoo’s head to see who he’d gotten, but Kyungsoo turns immediately, wide-eyed, and he gets caught. 

“Kai,” Kyungsoo whispers, raising his paper for Kai to see quietly so Chanyeol won’t notice as he lets Sehun choose. “What are we supposed to do if we got ourselves?” He looks horrified, like he doesn’t possibly know what to do in this situation, but Kai just snatches the paper from his hands and nudges Chanyeol in the with his foot as he’s extending the hat to Luhan.

“Hyung needs to draw again, he got himself.” He says, lowering his foot and tucking it back so it’s out of Sehun’s space.

“Oh!” Chanyeol’s eyebrows raise comically and he reaches back for Kyungsoo’s slip of paper and drops it back in the hat, shaking it thoroughly. “Ah okay, try again.”

Kyungsoo delicately takes another slip of paper, making sure to hide it from Kai’s wandering eyes.

“Not you?”

“Nope!” Kyungsoo says brightly, his eyes disappearing as he smiles.

Next on the floor is Tao, and then Chen and Xiumin stick their hands into the hat together. Chen starts smirking immediately after he reads the name, and Xiumin tries to lean over to see who it is. Chen acts like he’s going to let him see but then folds the paper up and sticks it in his pocket before he gets the chance.

Last to get to choose before Chanyeol himself is Lay, and then the hat is back on Chanyeol’s head and everyone is still looking quite confused.

“Two more weeks before Christmas!” Chanyeol rubs his hands together. “Just get something you think they’d want! And remember, shh!”

Then the oven goes off for dinner and only one member of EXO gives the gift exchange so much as a second thought for at least a week.

☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃

Kris has checked with everyone except for Tao and Chanyeol.

Chen wouldn’t reveal his target unless Kris did the same, and the way he requested the exchange made Kris feel like that wasn’t the best idea. So he figured he could do without one.

Xiumin was terrified that Chanyeol would find out, and he didn’t need advice on what to get his recipient, so he refused to tell. Same was said for Kyungsoo, and Kris didn’t try asking him twice.

Sehun wouldn’t tell either, and Suho avoided the question.

But that isn’t that bad. At least he has some sort of list. On a small scrap of paper, he’d written what he’d found out, not including himself, just in case he left it somewhere and it got picked up.

Kai --- Sehun
Lay --- Suho
Luhan --- Lay
Baekhyun --- Kai

Kris just wants to know who has him, that was all.

If it’s the same person he has.

That’s why he’s cheating. Plus he thinks this game is pointless, because he thought it would be so much easier to just take Tao shopping and know whatever he was getting him was right.

And so far, from what he knows, he and Tao might have both drawn each other out of Chanyeol’s fluffy red and white hat.

☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃

“What do you want for Christmas, Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asks one day, leaning over the desk chair as his friend is on the computer.

Baekhyun turns his head, trying not to sigh. “You told us that’s not how the game works...” His stomach sinks a little from the surprise being ruined, because of course now he knows Chanyeol has him.

Chanyeol just grins. “Oh, no, I know! I just pretended like I told you. But actually I don’t have you. Don’t worry.”

Baekhyun chuckles a little and goes back to typing.

“But if I still wanted to get you something, or your Secret Santa needed advice, what would you really want?”

Turning around in his chair, Baekhyun shrugs, scratching his head. “Something I’ll actually use.” He says simply, and Chanyeol nods knowingly like it had been all the advice anyone would ever need.

☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃

What size is Kyungsoo anyway? Small? Extra small? Tao wonders as he stands in front of the rack of extra-soft sweaters. He can’t choose between the dark navy and deep red fabric, but he can’t decide on a size, either. Would it be cheating to ask Kai what size Kyungsoo is? He squints at the colors and holds them up to himself before texting Kai (even if Chanyeol might not have approved).

He keeps looking around the store for himself before Kai texts back, and doubles back for the navy sweater after a few more minutes of deliberation.

He makes a stop in the perfume department for something else, as well.

☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃

Sehun’s been hogging the computer all Friday morning to afternoon, scrambling for the perfect gift idea for Luhan. Out of all the people he could have drawn, he got Luhan, of course, and now he has to make his present to unbelievably perfect for his favorite hyung so that he knows just how much he cares about him.

He huffs, frustrated, and Kai hears him from where he’d been trying to nap on the couch, so he springs up and leans over his maknae.

“Oh my god, just take him on a date,” He teases, smirking and tilting his head to measure Sehun’s reaction.

Sehun sputters indignantly, flustered, and starts to retort, but Kai just laughs at him and nudges his side.

“Do it. Just ask him out.”

“Well then why don’t you grow some balls and ask out Kyungsoo hyung already?” Sehun says quickly, trying to shift Kai’s attention.

Kai just glares.

☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃

Baekhyun’s lost.

Really lost. He hasn’t the slightest idea what he’s going to get Kai for his present.

One side of Kai is cute, and Cute Kai likes cute things. But the other thinks cute things are stupid and Too-Cool-For-Anything Kai’s disappointment is much too intimidating and scary for Baekhyun to ever think about shopping for.

So naturally, he takes Kyungsoo shopping with him.

He doesn’t tell him at first what he’s doing, or that he’s really only been taken on the trip to give him his help (whether he wants to or not), and that’s probably why Kyungsoo agrees so easily. They’re just wandering around the department store when Baekhyun finally reveals his ulterior motive.

Kyungsoo looks at him, completely scandalized, and actually looks around the store like Chanyeol might pop out from behind a mannequin and call him out for cheating. After a moment of being frightened, he seems to remember that Chanyeol is much too tall and loud to ever hide anywhere, and he agrees to help Baekhyun find his gift.

Baekhyun follows him as he starts walking with a purpose, leading them both to the sleepwear.

“He usually just sleeps .” Kyungsoo mumbles, a pair of flannel pants. “But he wakes up a lot because he gets cold.”

Baekhyun blushes a little but he curses himself for not just asking Kyungsoo sooner, then he could have had this gift for Kai at least a week ago.

“These are really soft.” Kyungsoo muses, and as he’s still touching the fabric he points to a slipper rack across the aisle. “Oh, and he’s always stealing mine. Slippers would be good, too.”

“Oh, great! Thanks.” Baekhyun says, shuffling to the stand and grabbing a pair to compare the size against his own feet.

“For what?” Kyungsoo says, winking, and he waves before going to look at a non-stick pan in the cooking department.

☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃

Lay had been complaining about how his headphones had broken on the last flight. Luhan can’t afford to buy him the fancy noise-cancelling ones he used to have, but the ones he’s looking at online look like they’d fit his head.

But he isn’t one hundred percent sure. It isn’t really a personal gift, and Luhan really wants something that’ll show off how well he’s gotten to know Lay over the past years.

And anyone within a 5-mile radius would have known that Lay needed new headphones.

As he’s deciding whether or not he can do better, Sehun’s sitting on the couch, muttering to himself.

You can do it come on just ask him out its no big deal you can do it he likes you Kai says he likes you come on Sehun

Luhan’s thumb slips from his lip as he stops staring at the computer screen to turn to him. “Hm?”

“What?” Sehun’s head snaps up from his hands in his lap.

“Did you say something?”

“Oh - No. Nothing,” he lies, laughing nervously and rubbing the back of his neck. “I didn’t say anything.”

“Huh.” Luhan shrugs and turns back to the screen as Kai walks in and throws himself on the couch. “Hey, Sehun, I’m not your Secret Santa, but what do you want for Christmas?”

Sehun starts to think about it and opens his mouth but Kai’s smirking and he snaps it shut.

“He wants you under the mistletoe.” Kai says bluntly, flatly, and as Luhan turns to give him a funny look, he grins.

Sehun looks like he’s about to punch Kai in the face when Luhan laughs brightly.

“What, you want to kiss me, maknae?”

“Um.”

“Yeah, that’s just about the jist of it.” Kai says, tossing his water bottle up and catching it absentmindedly.

☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃

Chen’s been planning this prank for three months. The perfect Christmas present.

Now he knows his target. He’d been having such a hard time deciding who he’d attack, and then Chanyeol just let him handpick a victim.

He’d been waiting until Christmas Eve to set this up.

He rubs his hands together diabolically as he starts setting the bucket of water above the doorway of the bathroom before Xiumin comes out from his shower, standing on a stool and making sure no one else is going to see until after he’s finished.

Let’s see how fast hyung can use his powers~ He laughs to himself, dropping a few extra ice cubes from the fridge into the already-freezing water.

Suho walks past quickly to go to the kitchen, and Chen leans against  the wall casually, innocently smiling at him like he’s doing no wrong. But the leader is distracted, muttering to himself (something about Canada), and he doesn’t notice the towels already prepared for Xiumin just out of the splash zone.

Chen chuckles to himself and makes sure everything is in order, and then just waits, sitting down a little bit down the hall and pulling the towels into his lap.

A few minutes later, Xiumin cracks open the door and flips off the light of the bathroom, and as soon as he steps forward into the hallway, freshly warm and clean and content, he steps on the string and the bucket of ice-water is upturned over his head.

After his initial shout of shock, Xiumin wipes off his face, and upon hearing Chen’s happy laughter, he stomps down the hallway and snatches the towels out of his hands.

“Merry Christmas!” Chen manages, his eyes crinkling as Xiumin drips and shivers all the way back down the hallway to his room.

☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃

Christmas morning, everyone gathers back in the living room, at least somewhat close to the tree, with the gifts that they’ve managed to scrape together (no matter how last-minute) in their laps.

Luhan and Sehun got to the couch first this time, so they’re taking up the most space cuddling together, with Kai squished with both of their feet on his lap. Kris actually sat by Tao this time, and Suho didn’t bother with the chair again because the floor really wasn’t that bad.

Kai has an envelope that he hands to Sehun - it’s a certificate announcing that he’s paying for he and Luhan to go out to a fancy restaurant in what Luhan reaffirms is definitely a date, and Sehun grumbles but settles back down next to Luhan looking quite pleased.

Because Kai had demanded to go first before anyone had really decided the order in which the presents would be opened, it was just decided that Sehun would just give his gift next, and then whoever he had would give theirs, and so on.

Sehun is able to get settled as he hands Luhan the small box that has fluffy little earmuffs in it, and while Luhan is trying them on he mumbles about how he has the second pair and they can wear them together when it snows.

Luhan decided on going with the headphones after all, and Lay was thankful for it - as well as for the unicorn stuffed animal that he rushed to put on his dresser.

As Suho opens his present from Lay, Kyungsoo watches closely for his reaction. When Suho thanks him for the gift, Lay gives up that he’d been given help from EXO-K’s mother, and Kyungsoo just twiddles his fingers in his lap with a smile.

Kris reaches for the present from Suho after a few seconds of it being extended to him, his reaction time a little slow, and as he rips the paper back and two dragon-shaped earrings fall into his lap with a jar of BB cream. He examines them for a moment before smiling brightly.

As Kris picks up his present from next to him, Tao holds something else out to him first.

“I wasn’t your Secret Santa but merry Christmas!” He says quickly, shoving the small package into his large hands.

Kris grins wide and starts opening the neat wrapping quickly, excitedly, and as soon as he sees the label for his favorite Gucci cologne he nudges Tao. “You knew I was running out?”

Tao grins happily and shrugs. “We share a bathroom.”

Suho gets a bag to clean up the wrapping paper and the mess is picked off of the floor before the gift exchange resumes.

Kris makes a show of looking around the room next, even though Tao is right next to him, and he stands up and walks in a full circle just to be a tease before he finally stoops back down to give Tao the stuffed panda with a heart stitched on the center, and it’s holding a little box that has new earrings that Kris points out just happen to match his.

Tao insists on putting the earrings on before he gives his gift away, so everyone waits, those who haven’t gotten anything yet shifting uncomfortably because they don’t know whether he’s going to pick them next or not.

After Tao hugs Kris he has to be reminded that it’s his turn, and he crawls over on the floor to get to Kyungsoo to hand over his squishy little bundle, and Kyungsoo waits as he retreats back to Kris before he starts opening the package.

As soon as he opens the sweater, he squeals with delight and immediately slips it on over his t-shirt. Kai helps him pull the fabric down his back, so it’s not in a clump, and his hands don’t leave.

Kyungsoo tosses Chen his gifts so he doesn’t have to move away from Kai, who’s tracing patterns on his soft back.

Chen opens the three little gag gifts with glee, congratulating Kyungsoo on his sense of humor and already starting to jab Xiumin with the new shocking pen.

Xiumin’s still a bit sore towards Chen after his prank, and he’d already figured out that Chen had attacked him because he was his Secret Santa, so even though Chen is laughing and lighthearted, when he hands him his present he’s more than cautious in opening it.

But the fuzzy blanket seems to be just that - a fuzzy blanket, and as Xiumin throws it over himself he pulls it over Chen, too.

“Chanyeol~” Xiumin calls, and Chanyeol shoots up to grab the red- and green-striped package from him with so much enthusiasm Xiumin doesn’t even feel bad for being too lazy and warm and comfy to get up.

The wrapping paper is taken off all the way in one single piece, and even though Chanyeol looks like he can’t possibly contain his excitement he’s making the unwrapping last as long as possible.

As soon as he can see what’s on the custom-made puzzle, Chanyeol tosses the wrapping paper over his shoulder and stands up to bounce around the room, running to Xiumin first to tackle him in a giant hug and taking Chen with him in the tangle of the blanket.

The puzzle is made with Chanyeol’s favorite picture of all twelve members - He tries to open it immediately but Baekhyun pulls his hands away so he remembers what’s going on.

But Chanyeol bounces up and down just looking at it - no one loves EXO more than Chanyeol.

“I almost forgot!!” Chanyeol exclaims before laying down flat on the floor, sticking his hand under the couch, and extricating his wrapped present from where he’d hidden it at the very beginning of the two weeks. “Merry Christmas, Baekhyunnie!” He shouts, extending the present in both hands and forcing it upon his friend.

Baekhyun opens it in a rush, completely unable to make Chanyeol wait any longer, and he finds every type of eyeliner he could have possibly ever wanted to try in a cute little organized kit. There’s gel, liquid, and pencils, and he oohs and ahhs because they were masterfully selected.

“Ah, I’d been running out of my favorite one! Thanks!” He laughs and starts to shut the lid, but then Chanyeol gets up and tiptoes over to the bookshelf. He pulls out a few books in the middle of the top shelf, and behind them, there’s another present wrapped in a bright striped pattern.

“Not done!” He sings, and Baekhyun beams. “I actually got this one a long time ago,” Chanyeol says, handing it over.

Inside is the newest Super Junior’s newest Spy album, signed by as many of the fifteen members as Chanyeol could get to.

Baekhyun giggles like the fangirl that he is and opens it, and Chen sticks the CD into his laptop immediately as Baekhyun hands Kai the last present.

Kai’s hands finally leave Kyungsoo as he unwraps the present and starts feeling his new pants instead, pulling off his sweats and yanking on the new pajamas on. He gets the slippers on his feet next, and he smiles brightly and Baekhyun is relieved to see Cute Kai because he’s pretty sure Too-Cool-For-Anything Kai would have just wanted to keep sleeping in the .

Kyungsoo starts touching the fabric again, resting his hand on Kai’s thigh, and Chanyeol stands up again to throw away the rest of the wrapping paper.

“Chanyeol, that was a really good idea!” Xiumin says, grinning broadly, and the rest of the group chants their agreement.

“Yeah, we should do it next year!” Suho suggests, and even though Kris shrugs, there’s general agreement around the circle.

“Maybe no one will cheat next year.” He replies, pulling a piece of paper from his pocket and holding it up. “Kris, I recognize your handwriting.”

Chen reaches over and jabs Kris in the side with the shock pen as punishment before the kettle of boiling water goes off and Kyungsoo calls everyone in for his famous peppermint hot chocolate.

☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃ ☃

 

 

A/N: I also posted this as a one-shot! Happy holidays! ^o^