A chance to be free

A dance to remember

When life continues, yesterday turns into last week, last week turns into last month and before you know it 6 months have passed. You get into a daily routine and you follow it, going to school, dancing and then going home. Lately you have been giving lectures and find yourself staying later at the dance studio. The dance teacher doesn't help you anymore with technique but tells you to free style now and days. You find yourself absorbed with daily tasks that now you don't even get to hang out with Kimmie like you used to. Guess that comes along with being a college student. That and also the fact that Kimmie has now become an apprentice at some highly recognized fashion company. It feels like her life seems to be going at full speed while your's is well, just slow motion. Things were becoming too habitual for your taste and you were glad at the news you received once going to the dance studio. 

 

"Rosaline, I'm glad your here."Your dance teacher stating walking over to you.

 

"Hello Mrs. Jin, how is everything?"You said smiling.

 

"Wonderful dear, and I have great news."She said placing her hand over your shoulder walking you over to the piano.

 

"Really, what?"You asked, folding up your walking stick and placing it on the top of the piano.

 

"We are having dance presentation in a few days and I want you to be the last dancer."She said happily patting your back.

 

"Me? Why me? I'm not as talented as the others."You said dumbfounded, you havent been dancing that long.

 

Usually they saved the last dance for their best student. One they want people to remember by.

 

"Sweetie yes you are, don't doubt yourself." She said.

 

"But what about my...condition."You asked, usually people treated you different because you couldnt see.

 

Most of the time they assumed you couldnt do something, or handle youself.

 

"Surely they wont care, they wont even be able to notice when your dancing."She reasured you.

 

"Ok, I guess."You replied slowly, thoughts spinning through your head.

 

"Great, and don't worry you can use this tomorrow all night if you would like."She said placing a key in your hand.

 

"Really, thanks."You thanked, closing your palm over the key not wanting to lose it.

 

"And since you already made a dance it's nothing you should worry about."She stated.

 

That reminded you, you had learn a dance a week ago from her.

 

"Ok."You sheepishly said, hoping that that would be good enough.

 

"Well I have to head out, I'll see you tomorrow."She stated before you heard her heels clacking as she walked away, leaving you by yourself as you rested on the piano.

 

As she left you stood there unable to move. You couldn't believe that you would be performing let alone in front of people. You were nervous and actually a bit excited. Dancing, ever since you started you found yourself a lot more happier and less stressed with all your classes. Knowing that you couldn't dance now because of the news you quickly locked up and headed out to the design room hoping you could catch Kimmie before she left. Walking down the hallway with your walking stick clacking against the walkway, you heard the familiar noise of sowing machines as you poked your head through the doorway. A student spotted you and happily greeted,

 

"Hey Rosaline. Looking for Kimmie?"

 

"Hey Sulli, and yes I am. Have you seen her?"You asked, both Kimmie and Sulli were always here working on some latest creation. 

 

"Yeah she's actually in the back. I'll go get her, wait a second k." She said putting her cloth down.

 

"K thanks." You replied as she went to the back room.

 

You heard some whispers and a sudden stop of a sowing machine as Sulli and Kimmie came out of the back room. Upon seeing you Kimmie quickly perked up and ran over to you giving you a giant bear hug.

 

"Rosie!! What are you doing here?" She asked excitedly.

 

"What, I can't surprise my best friend every once in a while?" You asked teasingly, patting her back. 

 

"Of course you can." She smiled hugging you even tighter before she released.

 

Taking a step back she added,

 

"Let me just grab my stuff and we'll head out k."

 

"Sure."You said, before saying goodbye to Sulli and stepping back out in the hallway. 

 

Once grabbing her stuff she jumped next to you, linking your arms you both skipped to the bus stop. Once on the bus you both sat down as she asked,

 

"So, why the sudden visit. Aren't you usually at the dance room."

 

"Yeah but I got some news and I thought I would share it with you."You said turning to face your best friend.

 

"Oh, what type of news?"She asked questiongly, seeing a smile plastered on your face.

 

"Mrs. Jin is holding a performance in two days at the studio and she wants me. To dance."You practically squealed no longer able to hold in your excitment.

 

"Oh my gosh. That's great." She yelled as you both jumped up and down, earning some unhappy glances from the other people on the bus. Turning you voice down a notch you added,

 

"Thanks, I thought we could hang out a bit since tomorrow I'm going to be all cooped up at the dance room and probably won't come home until late. And its been like forever since we have hung out."

 

"Sure, no that's great. I'm glad, any excuse to push off homework. Why don't we start with Ice cream as a congradulations?"She stated.

 

You knew she didn't like school the only reason she went was for the design classes, unlike you who loved to wake up at 6 am just to hear a three hour lecture. 


"Yes!!" You loved ice cream.

 

Hoping off the bus you got ice cream. The whole time you both caught up and afterwards went to a karaoke bar. That night you guys stayed out late doing things you haven't been able to do since you were both so busy, eating, shopping, drinking. Going home you both were a bit tipsy and you both fell on your bed, the night turning into morning as you passed out.