Chapter 1 – You Who Was Splashed Unexpectedly

The Other Yoong~ and Hyun~

 

It was Christmas time when they first encountered each other, the coldest time of the year yet the warmest for both of them.

 

For Yoona, it was a vacation, a break from all the chaos that has been happening to her life since gee happened. Though she does enjoy her work, it had been far too exhausting lately. Being the face of SNSD, she had been the usual target for haters and stalkers. Day by day, she would at least get an average of 50 hate mails and 4-5 stalkers. Thankfully, none of them, both haters and stalkers alike, had actually made an attempt to approach her.

 

The upside on being the branded as the prettiest is that she could practically have any guy she liked. Many had professed their love to her publicly and personally. Some of them, she actually had feelings for. However, she stopped herself. Most of them only liked her face or body and moreover, those stalkers and fan boys of hers would go outright crazy when they learn that there’s someone she likes, more so when they learn that she’s dating anyone. So she resisted. Her feelings weren’t that strong anyways. She kept in mind that love can wait and her work was more important. So, here she was, lots of men desiring her yet she is not with one to have one by her side. What she had been doing were also true for the other members too as they made a pact among themselves to do so. However, it was broken in the fateful year of 2010.

 

It was the most unexpected twist of fate that the SNSD girls had seen. Their maknae, their precious baby, Seo Joo Hyun, was actually the first to be able to break the small promise between the SoShi girls. Funny thing is that it was the company’s decision and her work that led her to her one true love, Jung Yong Hwa. All of them were hesitant at first as Yonghwa was surrounded with rumors of being a playboy. They tried protecting her from him, surrounding her during events and concerts where Yonghwa would also be there. They would try to mix some stuff in the food Seohyun would make for him to make him stay away. Among their favorite was chili. Priceless was the look on his face when he once swallowed a chili-covered kimbap whole. The guy went red and teared up almost instantly and Seohyun wondered what was happening to him. Giggles and laughter threatened to escape the mouths of the octet as they watched the scene hidden by a wall, unseen by the lovers. Unexpectedly, it seemed like he had a masochist side as he kept it to himself and told the maknae that he was just touched of her effort. The little runt always made ways of stealing their Seobaby away from them.

 

Eventually, they saw the honesty on the man’s feelings when Seohyun left him after a misunderstanding happened between the both of them. He kept on coming back to their dorm to ask for forgiveness and was kept shut off by maknae. A week later, a song was released written by Jung Yong Hwa himself. A song about a man suffering of heartache and longing for his love entitled “Still in Love”. However, despite listening to the song and even tearing up upon hearing it, she still ignored the callings of her heart, afraid to be hurt again. Then, they received news of him eating less and less as days passed and finally, two weeks later, he ended up in the hospital. Yoona could still picture the shock and regret in Seohyun’s face the moment she heard of it. She rushed towards the hospital, to his side and forgave him. The incident never happened again.

 

Now, though she’s envious of Seohyun and Yonghwa’s love, she, more than ever, vowed to not have a relationship until she’s old enough to do so and until work would not be in the way anymore. She looked up to Seohyun for managing her career and love life well but not her.  She didn’t have the confidence to do so. It will be a distraction, she thought. One that could lead to the destruction of her career. The career that she was holding unto was her dream since she was a child.

 

Being born in a middle family, she felt the love and warmth through her family and they were happy. However, those gleeful days ended when her father encountered and accident and lost both of his legs. So, she strived and worked herself together with her mother to provide for the needs of the family especially her sick father’s. Upon hearing that being a performer would bring in a lot of cash, she pursued it being her hope out of the poor life condition, going to school during the day and doing part time jobs at night. How happy she was when she learned she was finally going to debut. They weren’t that much successful on their first song but she didn’t give up and so did the rest of the members.

 

Finally, Gee came. The song that shot them up to fame. The relief to the suffering of her mother and father. Hers however didn’t end. She was happy that her parents finally had a comfortable life but in return, she had to work her back off, ignoring the harsh comments of people in the industry. She could not risk losing this dream, this hope.

 

Now, she finally can take a breath from all those things and concentrate on pampering herself, on what she deserved. She was glad with what resort the company picked for her. It was a 5 star one, expected from one of the big three entertainment companies in Korea.

 

Her room was a suite of course. It had three rooms. One is the Master bedroom. With the exception of the white walls and one gray table, the room was all pink, decorated upon her request. The king-sized bed was covered with black and pink striped comforter and hot pink pillows. There was a pink chair tucked to the gray table. The bathroom came with a hot-and-cold shower, a bath tub and Jacuzzi. She then decided this would be her room.

 

She then moved to see the other rooms. The second was guest room with cream colored walls. It had a queen sized bed with a blue comforter and black pillows. Its bathroom is at the left, similar to the master’s minus the Jacuzzi. She first wondered what the guest room was for but then she just shrugged it off. “This suite must be originally a family suite” She thought and moved on.

 

The third was her favorite, an entertainment room. On its right, a huge LCD TV was attached to the wall with a black couch placed a small distance away from it. North of her was a foosball table. To her left was a pool table, what she actually loved. Unknown to many, she loved playing pool as it was hers and her father’s favorite past time during weekends before his accident happened. “Ahbeoji. Oh, you would love this place.” She murmured as a tear left her eye.

 

Shaking her sad feelings away, she then went back to her room to unpack and prepare to roam the resort. Then, she heard a knock on the door. Opening the door, she was handed a yellow big envelope with her name embossed in gold at the back. She then thanked the hotel staff who blushed upon seeing her smile and closed the door.

 

She smiled upon reading the content. She had been invited to the resort’s annual Christmas ball. She loved attending parties and balls. She’s not a party animal but she loved seeing people interact and dance with each other and marvel at the extravagant decorations that fills her eyes. Together with the letter of invitation was a purple mask with elaborate designs and feathers on one side which made the big size of the envelope make sense.

 

It’s a masquerade ball. It made her even more excited.

 

Rummaging over her clothes, she found what she was looking for. She thanked herself for bringing a cocktail dress just in case of emergencies. This was definitely an emergency and fortunately, it’s a match to that of her mask. After laying the dress down over her bed and proceeded to look for appropriate heels then put the silver heels she picked at the end of her dress.

 

Looking at her watch, she saw that she had plenty of time as the event starts at 8 in the evening and it was still 1 o’ clock noon. She then went with her original plan and went out to have a tour of the resort.

 

~

 

 

He didn’t want this. In fact, he hated it. But the fact that it was his parents who gave him this, he did. And partially because he was blackmailed into it.

 

Jonghyun was currently at a resort, away from the band and away from his beloved guitar. Unfortunately for him, his parents and bandmates ganged up on him and kidnapped his precious to blackmail him into going to this “vacation”.

 

“Jonghyun-ah. You need this. You are always busy and never resting. That guitar had always been at your side, even when you sleep. Please, take a rest son.” His mother begged him further encouraging him to go.

 

Yes. What his dear mother said was true. He was a self-proclaimed guitar addict. He lived for them and only them, well, only after his loyal bandmates and beloved parents.

 

Jonghyun wasn’t like this at the start though. He was interested in all sorts of things. He loved doing sports, judo to be exact. He was always praised by his teachers and was told that he would be a great athlete when he grows up. He was also a smart student, a consistent honor in his school. He also had lots of girls surrounding him. With musical and athletic talents plus brains combined in one person, who wouldn’t?

 

He went in a relationship with one of the famous pretty girls during the 2nd year of middle school. It was like that of the first relationships of most people. The teasing of his friends, the movie dates, the amusement parks and of course, the heart-fluttering first kiss under the winter season’s first snow. He loved dating her and the wonderful feeling got from it. However, months later, it all started to go into a downfall. She started to become distant. She most of the time ignored his texts and even turned off her phone. Then, rumors started going around the school that she was now dating someone else. And it later proved to be true.

 

Heartbroken, the young Jonghyun sought comfort through music. Playing along the lively Busan city streets at night, he poured out his emotions, his sadness and pain, feeling relief whenever he plays. His guitar was his constant companion as he was afraid to tell his parents and bother them. One day, a stranger approached him, amused of his wonderful talent and told him of FNC academy. That he could improve his talents there and be famous. And that’s how he got into where he is now.

 

He always thought he was blessed to have a loving family and friends but they go overboard sometimes. He wasn’t the one who needed this. He knew his Yonghwa-hyung was more tired than him. After all, the CNBLUE leader had more things to do than him. More commercial and photo shoots to do. More variety shows to go to. And more importantly, a girlfriend to attend to. He is in awe with the will power and energy his hyung had to do all those things.

 

Anyhow, back to him and the resort. He just arrived and was about to unpacked his things when he received a letter from the hotel staff inviting him to a ball that very night. Together with it was a silver mask with intricate designs, an indication that it will be a masked ball. He was not much of a party goer. Instead of being in a room full of people he doesn’t know of and having girls gawk at him, he preferred spending hours with his guitar.

 

“My guitar. I miss you!” he thought tearily and hugged a pillow imagining it was his beloved stringed instrument. Jonghyun was not an emotional person unless it’s his guitar we’re talking about. “I hope they are taking good care of you right now or else they shall pay!” Now, he was standing over his bed, arms raised as if going to a war and eyes blazed with fire.

 

Turning his attention back to the invitation, he thought, “Oh well. Nothing to do tonight anyways. Might as well waste it.” He laid down his outfit for the event later that night and went out of his suite room to check out the facilities of the resort.

 

~

 

 

She just got out of a café after getting herself a hot chocolate latte to warm herself. Holding the warm sides of the cup to her palms of her hands, she walked out of the café. Now, the lobby was filled with newcomers, checking in and getting their luggage picked up by the hotel staff to be probably delivered to their rooms. She could see that most were families or couples and she felt out of place. As she was wearing a hat and as most were busy with themselves, no one noticed who she was and she paced across the room. Then, as she looked upwards, wonderful painting of the ceiling caught her attention.

 

It was a map of the resort, painted in a manner much like those in the churches. She was astounded by the amazing mixture of the colors, blending into marvelous colors. She was shocked at the size and number of facilities the resort had. Truly, it proved its worth as a 5-star resort.

 

To the north was a ski slope, perfect for those who want to go snowboarding and skiing. Looking at the direction of the slope, Yoona could see the cable cars going up for those thrill seekers who want to go to the higher levels. She went back to the map and saw that there was a skating rink just southeast of the ski slope. It was circular and had a coffee shop just beside it. To the west was a hot spring. She made a mental note to visit the place later.

 

As she walked and marveled over the beauty of the lobby’s ceiling, she didn’t notice a hotel staff, who was delivering some hot drinks to the guests sitting at the one of the couches in the lobby, pass by in front of her. Unfortunately, her right foot stepped forward, tripping the staff and sending the drinks and tray flying unto the air, some of the drinks landing to the floor. Amidst the sound of breaking cups and saucers, a yell of pain was heard across the lobby. Yoona’s eyes widened at what she saw. A certain black haired man was splashed of the hot drinks, near the crotch part. One could still see the steam coming off from the hot drinks. Only a heartless person would not wince upon seeing it, picturing the pain the man must be feeling.

 

Adrenaline rush taking over, Yoona sprinted out of the lobby and towards the cafe.

 

“Hurry. Please, give me a bottle of cold water! Pali!” The teenage girl working at the coffee shop was shocked by her demand and upon impulse, went to the refrigerator to get a bottle. She snatched the water from the girl and went out of the café without paying for the water bottle

 

She went back to the scene.

 

And splashed cold water to the man.

 

Which elicited another scream.

 

Her eyes widened upon the realization of what she had done and ran away from the scene, embarrassed.

 

~

 

Its official!

 

He hates this vacation!

 

He was just there, walking and minding his own business when splash! He screamed. Well, who wouldn’t?

 

He felt pain below his torso and upon looking, he discovered a wet steaming stain on his pants. He realized it was hot coffee. Thank goodness it was just seconds of contact as he immediately lifted his pants away from touching his skin to prevent further damage.

 

Now, he could see that the hotel staff are now panicking, some running to get a cold towel for him. The staff who was holding the drinks is now asking, wait no, begging for forgiveness. Some of the guests were now diverting their attention to the commotion. The staff was about to go near him when Jonghyun raised his hand, signaling him to stop. Out of nowhere, the part that was splashed with hot water felt painstakingly cold.

 

His eyes widened and as he felt the stabbing pain of the coldness of the water, screamed again.

 

AHHHH!!!

 

He then lifted the splashed part of his pants once more away from contact with his skin. Looking up to see who did it, he only saw a retreating figure. A woman with brown hair wearing a cap.

 

That was their cold yet warm first encounter.

A/N: This was unedited so sorry for some grammatical mistakes...I'll come back later to check. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter! ^^