Let's Play A Game

It Must Be Fate [semi-hiatus]

 

Don’t you dare try to get near me.

Don’t you dare try to hurt me.

Don’t you dare try to play games with me.

 

The next day after school, Dongho was there at my school gate, waiting for me again. This time though, Jaeseop spotted him.

“I’ll text you about that project we’re working together on tonight,” Jaeseop was telling me, when suddenly a hand grabbed my arm and pulled me away from Jaeseop.

“Oh? Who’s this?” Jaeseop raised an eyebrow at Dongho.

“My f… f… fia…” I tried telling him that Dongho was my fiancé. Why was it so hard? It was just a word.

“I’m her fiancé,” Dongho cut in, smiling at Jaeseop. Something told me that smile wasn’t just a friendly smile.

“Oh, really? Nice to meet you then, I’m __________’s best friend, Jaeseop. Well, I’ll be on my way now then. Goodbye,” Jaeseop smirked and walked away.

Dongho and I stared after Jaeseop. Then, I wrestled out of Dongho’s grasp and I stormed off, ignoring him. Suddenly, his arms wrapped around me, holding me to his chest. I wriggled, trying to escape, but he was too strong.

When was the last time someone actually held me like this? The only person who had ever held me like this was Jaeseop. Every time after we fought, he would run after me and hold me like this. I missed him. Why couldn’t I continue loving him? Why did I stop feeling that way? Why did Dongho have to come into my life?

Why was I starting to relax in Dongho’s arms?

I narrowed my eyes. “Didn’t you say you hated me? What kind of person hugs the person they hate?” I elbowed Dongho in the ribs.

“Ouch! It’s not like I wanted to hug you anyway. It was just so that you would stop ignoring me, because I need to bring you somewhere today.” He let go of me, a scowl planted on his face.

“I’m not going anywhere with you.” I folded my arms across my chest.

“Your mum told me to bring you to the wedding planner’s.”

“What?”

“Yeah. Apparently your parents will be heading overseas for work for quite some time, so they want you to be married to me so you can move in with my family. Didn’t they tell you anything?”

“No…” I did have a vague memory of my mother wanting to tell me something last night though. Unfortunately for her I ignored her.

Oh, how I regretted it.

“Argh, whatever. Let’s just get this whole thing over and done with…” I followed Dongho as he led us to the wedding planner’s.

 

“This is so stupid. Being married at the age of nineteen. Whoever heard of that? I haven’t even finished studying,” I grumbled as the seamstress took my measurements.

“You’re not the only one who’s nineteen,” Dongho remarked as he sat back in a chair, eyeing me and the seamstress.

I was about to retort something mean to Dongho when the seamstress suddenly smiled and said, “Well, you’re done for today! Once your dress is done you’ll be able to try it on. The wedding planner will inform you when you have to return for the fitting of the dress.”

“Thank you,” I mumbled, grabbed my bag, and headed out of the building. Dongho followed me out and s his arm around my waist.

What kind of person hugged someone they disliked? Even if we were going to get married, that didn’t mean that he could hug someone he disliked right? I wasn’t even trying to run away this time. Was he trying to play games with me?

Smirking secretly, I leaned my head on his shoulder. He wouldn’t be the only player. Two could play at that game.