Chapter 1

The Lost Angel

It’s another winter morning here in Seoul. As usual, I’m out for my morning jog and boy was it freezing. Panting, I sat on an icy bench to take a drink of water; but nothing came out. I sighed and looked at the bottle. Great. Just great. My water is frozen. My eye twitched in irritation the longer I looked at the bottle, so I threw it in the bin.

“It’s cold…” I murmured as I closed my eyes. Suddenly, a fuzzy scene popped up in my head. It was a hand, it covered my eyes. I saw a white light before I opened my eyes, gasping for air. “It’s…one of those scenes again…”

You know, the odd thing is- everywhere in my house, I have the same white gem. I have a necklace with the gem attached to it. For some reason, I could never take the necklace off, so I had to live with it. The necklace would never get tighter as I grew older; so I discovered. I shook my head again. Was there something that I missed? My memory erased? But that’s impossible…how could a person’s memory be erased by someone else? The thoughts ran through my head as I jogged back home. As soon as I got home, I took a shower and got ready for school. This is going to be one long day. I walked to school and was greeted by my fellow host and hostess club members and my friends. I chuckled when I was greeted by some of their half tackle, half hugs. When the bell rang, we went to our designated room.

“The students will pile in 5…4…2…2…” Minho began the countdown. I gave him the weird look.

“Hyung, 1 comes before 2.” Taemin coughed. Minho gave him a glare.

“I’m not stupid.” He then looked at the door, as usual, the students piled in.

“Welcome.” We greeted with smiles. Jonghyun and I walked to our spot like the rest.

Briefly, Jonghyun and I are known as the “Fated Couple”-you’ll see why. Our customers took their seats and began to watch the drama.

“J-Jonghyun oppa, have you ever accepted cookies from ____ unnie?” a girl shyly asked. Jonghyun looked at the girl then pulled me close.

“Only if she fed it to me with her lips…” he said as he caressed my face. The girls squealed and the boys were like “O_O”. I pretended to blush. “J-Jonghyun, not here.” I pretended to cover my face in embarrassment.

“Why not, Jagi? I want the world to know that you’re mine- so they won’t take you away from me. My wifeu..” Do you see why we have the title now?

“They really are the ‘Fated Couple’ “.  Our audience said. On the other hand, Key was being a diva and giving fashion tips to his audience as usual. Onew was being a Casanova while Taemin was being cute. Minho was taking care of our ‘business’. When our session was done, the students left and Minho closed the door. I stopped pressing my hands against Jonghyun’s chest and shoved him off.

“Wifeu?! Wifeu?!!? Jonghyun are you out of your mind?! What the heck was that? “I want the world to know you’re mine”? Why do you have to be so corny and cheesy? I swear…” I said in one go. Yes, I was raging. Jonghyun shrugged as if it was nothing.

“Just go with the flow baby.” He smirked. I gave him the ‘Don’t-you-dare-call-me-baby’ look. It was the scariest, deadliest glare. As if looks could kill. He shrank back and made a run around the room for it.

“YAH! KIM JONGHYUN! GET YOUR BACK HERE RIGHT NOW! ACCEPT PUNISHMENT LIKE A MAN!” I yelled as I chased after him.

“MAYBE I DON’T WANNA BE A MAN!” he yelled back. Those made the rest of the group go silent.

“Don’t want to be a man?” Onew, Taemin, Key and Minho said in unison. Then Minho chuckled before writing down in his notebook. ‘The prince-Jonghyun, should cross-dress some time. It could be interesting.’ I didn’t notice my gem glow for a second when I was a little angry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Comment for more updates! :D