Tutor

Tutor

 

You reached into your locker and pulled out your history textbook. 

'One more period and it's the weekend,' you thought to yourself as you closed the metal door. 

You jumped in surprise when you felt yourself getting poked on each side of your waist. You whipped around to see Woohyun smiling down at you. 

"You scared me!" you said as you light slapped his arm.

"Well I had to do something to get your attention," he said as he leaned against the lockers next to yours, "I was calling your name from down the hall but you didn't even look up from your book."

"Oh...Sorry?" You gave him an apologetic smile.

Woohyun just shook his head and lightly laughed at your cute apology.

"Well on the plus side," you said changing the subject, "only one more period till the weekend! I'm really exicted for our date."

Yes, your first date as an official couple. You don't realy know how it happened, you and Woohyun becoming a couple. You two weren't the childhood best friends that fell in love with each other or the arch enemies that secretly had feelings for the other. You actually just sat next to each other in class one semester, got to know each other pretty well, and became good friends. You found yourself developing a crush on him and one day, surprisingly, he asked you to go on a date, then a few dates later, to be his girlfriend. Although Woohyun was pretty popular, you didn't have girls sending you glares as you walked past them in the halls or threatening you to break up with him. 

The two of you had a story and relationship that was simple, normal. But you liked it that way. 

"Yeah, about the date..." Woohyun's gaze shifted to the ground.

"You're not cancelling, are you?"

"No, no! I'm not!" Woohyun waved his hands while shaking his head frantically, "Well, I'm actually not sure yet. The thing is, I've kinda been slacking in math recently and unless I finish all of the assignments that I've missed by tonight, my parents aren't going to let me leave the house for the whole weekend."

You nodded your head understandingly with your lips pursed. 

"And I was wondering," Woohyun added, "if you could help me, you know, since you're like a math genius."

It was true that you were good in math and that it was your favorite subject, but you didn't think that you were actually good enough to tutor someone, even if it was Woohyun. 

"Oh, Woohyun-ah, I don-"

But your sentence was cut off by the warning bell that signalled that class was going to start soon.

"Great! I'll meet you at the library at our usual spot," Woohyun said while walking backwards towards his last class of the day.

You sighed and hung your head as you turned around and headed towards your history class. 

"Okay that's it for today class, have a good weekend and I'll see you all on Monday." 

You stood up and started packing your things back into your backpack. You stepped out of the classroom and headed towards the library. You opened one of the double doors and stepped inside. You were surprised to see quite a few people already in the library, studying, reading or having quiet conversations with their friends. You headed towards the spot that you and Woohyun would always meet at to study together.

You walked past the computers, past the cluster of round tables, and towards the rows of bookshelves. The more rows of books you passed, the less people you saw. You made your way to the third to last bookshelf and peeked into the row. There you saw Woohyun leaning against the bookshelf, staring intently at his notebook. You weren't surprised that other people weren't in this section of the library, all the books written by authors from the 16th century were shelved here. And that is exactly why you and Woohyun would study there. 

You tip toed your way over to Woohyun, and crouched down next to him. 

"What are you doing?" you whispered into his ear.

"Ah!" Woohyun jerked away from you and placed a hand over his chest, "You scared me!"

"That's payback for earlier," you told him as you tucked the back of your uniform skirt under you and down next to him.

"Okay, okay fine, you win. But are you ready to help me with my math homework? I already started doing to problems that I know how to do."

"Yeah, I guess so. What do you have to do?" you asked him as you took out your pencil case from your bag.

Woohyun handed you a list with all the assignments that he had failed to turn in.

Your eyes widened when you took the list from him, "You missed all of these!? No wonder your parents are mad at you!"

"Well, this was during that time that you sat in front of me in class," a smile slowly appeared on his face, "I was distracted by your beauty."

He then went on to making a heart with his hands over his mouth and sent you an air kiss, flying the heart in your direction.

You scoffed at his greasiness, "Oh, gosh. Just get to work. I may think that smile is cute, but it's not going to help you finish all of these assignments," Woohyun pouted as you handed him back the list, "And don't think that I'm going to do these for you. You can ask me as much questions as you like, but I am not going do all this work."

Woohyun nodded his head and went back to his notebook.

It surprised you how much Woohyun actually remembered from class. He did ask you to check his work every once in a while, but other than that, he did everything by himself. Since he seemed to be doing pretty well own, you started to work on your own homework. About an hour passed and you finished all of the homework that your teachers had assigned you for the weekend. After packing away all of your books and notebooks, you decided to check up on Woohyun.

"How are you doing?"

"Pretty good, I only have a few more sets of problems left and I'm done."

You nodded your head, "Okay, let me know if you need any help." 

Woohyun silently nodded and continued to work. 

After watching Woohyun for a few minutes, you stood up and started to browse around the shelves. You found a book that caught your eye and took it off the shelf to read. You returned to your spot next to Woohyun and opened the book to the first page. After a few chapters, you glanced up at Woohyun to see him still diligently working on his math assignments. You noticed how his eyebrows were knitted together as he focused on the current problem he was solving.

'He must really want to go on this date,' you smiled to yourself and rested your head on his shoulder, returning to your book.

Feeling a sudden weight on his shoulder, Woohyun glanced up from his notebook and turned his head to see you leaning on his shoulder while silently reading. 

Smiling to himself, he looped his arm through yours and continued to finish up his last set of problems.

With a sigh of relief, Woohyun set down his pencil and closed his math textbook, "I'm done!"

You lifted your head off of his shoulder and looked up from your book, "Really?"

Woohyun smiled brightly at you, "Yup! Check it out!"

He handed you his notebook and you skimmed through the pages, checking it with the list to make sure he did all of the missed assignments.

"Good job, oppa! I'm proud of you!" you told him as you gave him his notebook back, "But can I ask you something?"

"Hmm?" he responded as he placed his notebook and textbook in his bag and zipped it shut.

"You didn't really need any help with your homework, why did you ask me to tutor you?"

Woohyun sighed and hugged you from the side, placing his chin on your shoulder, "I just wanted to spend some time with you."

You cheeks flushed red as you felt Woohyun give you a light peck on your cheek. That was the first time he's ever kissed you, ever. 

You turned to ask him why he suddenly kissed you when your words were cut off by Woohyun's lips against yours. You eyes widened in shock when you realized what was happening. But they slid shut when you felt Woohyun's hands slide around your waist, pulling you closer to him. Woohyun smiled against your lips when he felt you wrapped your arms around his neck, kissing him back.

Wow, your first two kisses with each other in one day. 

But, the two of sprung apart when you heard the text tone of a phone go off.

Both of you were blushing mad as Woohyun turned to check the message he received.

"It's my mom," he said while he embarrassingly chuckled, "She asked me to pick up some groceries on my way home, so I better get going."

You mutely nodded your head, your cheeks still burning. 

Woohyun stood up and slung his bag over his shoulder as he walked out of the row of books while you continued to stare at the ground, still in shock at what just happened.

When he walked out into the walkway between all the shelves, Woohyun stopped and stuck his head back into the row he was just in, "______-ah?"

Your head snapped up from the ground "Yes?"

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at 5. And wear that white dress that I like," he gave you wink and set off towards the exit of the library. 

When he was out of sight, your hands flew up to your cheeks and you giggled to yourself. 

Well, at least you didn't have to worry about what you were going to wear.