7.10 am

7.10 am

 

7:10 am

 

 

-Your POV-

I am a Junior Nurse, meaning a newly employed nurse. And sometimes junior nurses get unlucky; we get a full month of night shifts. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE UNLUCKY MONTHS.

 

So yeah, it’s already 7:10 am when I punched my time card on the Bundee clock. I turned around and went to the finger scanner when I saw an Intern; he was looking right at me. I knew that he was an intern, coz he wore what interns wore here, a white short sleeved coat along with a white shirt inside, and white pair of trousers and a black belt. Oddly, he was giving off these glances and giving off a smug smile that you’d want to wipe off his face.

 

I had my finger scanned on the finger scanner and so did he, after me. He was still smiling. I rolled my eyes and went out of the employees exit. I walked to the bus stop and waited for my ride. He followed suit. I definitely ignored him. I could see he was still giving off these weird glances from time to time, it made me think, it made me think if I have something on my face or something like that. I know, I look tired, and these dark bags under my eyes are getting bigger by the minute. I am far from what you can call fresh. But, come to look at it, he looks tired and wasted as well. His hair is even messier than mine, good thing I have my hair onto a messy bun.

 

We both waited for the bus to arrive and stood next to each other at the bus stop. Then he cleared his throat, it called my attention, I gave him a glance, he smiled directly at me, and asked, “Outgoing?” Well, it ticked my ears, ‘Ask me if I’m outgoing? Well duh? I just punched my time card and you’re gonna ask me if I’m outgoing?’  I thought, but still I answered him courteously, “Yes Dr. Park. I’m outgoing. You?” I asked in return.

“Yep.” He smiled at me again, “You know who I am?” he asked, he was surprised. I can see it in his eyes. It’s my turn to smile at him smugly “It’s on your coat.” I pointed out. His white coat has his name embroidered to it. He gave off a chuckle and scratched his head. “Ahh… Yeah, right.” And then my bus arrived. I stepped forward ready to hop on the bus when he said, “See you around!” I turned around to look at him and gave him a heads up, “Yeah, Doctor, See you around.” Then I hopped onto my bus.

 

[a/n: OUTGOING- it means you are going home from work.]

 

The next day, I was going home again, when I punched my time card, it was again, exactly 7:10 am. When I turned around to have my finger scanned, I saw Intern Park again, looking at me. I smiled his way and headed for the bus stop. He again followed me to the bus stop. He greeted me.

“Hi Ma’am, good morning, Still outgoing?” He asked cheerily. He still looked like he was involved in a train wreck.

“Yeah, still outgoing, this will go on for a month.” I replied.

“Oh.”

“How about you Dr. Park?”

“Outgoing as well. What department are you from?” He asked.

“Delivery Room. How about you?” I replied as the bus parked in front of the bus stop.

“Oh. I’m a Medical Intern for a month.” He replied, “See you around ma’am.” He said as I placed my feet on the bus.

“Yeah, See you around Dr. Park.”

I completely hopped on the bus and took my seat near a window and then, I saw him waving at me, so I waved at him in return.

 

7:10 am.

 

I again punched in my time card on the bundee clock, and again I saw Dr. Park about to scan his finger on the scanner. This time, I greeted him. He looks more tired than any other day. Actually I am getting used to seeing him every morning when I time out.

 

“Hi Dr. Park.” I greeted.

“Hi ma’am. Still outgoing?” He smiled at me, he really looked tired.

“Yep.” I replied as we walked out of the hospital vicinity and to the bus stop.

“How’s everything going Dr. Park? You seem extra tired today.” I said.

“Yeah. Tired. You got it. Had ZERO sleep.” He said as he face palmed himself and scratched his right eye.

“I heard you guys had a CODE in the ER.” I said.

“Yeah, the reason of ZERO sleep.” He chuckled.

“Yeah… unfortunately those things happen.” I totally understood his situation. “Did the patient survive?” I gave a follow-up question. And then he looked at me, his face actually lit up, and gave me 2- thumbs up.

“That’s good. Your zero sleep actually paid off, it’s definitely worth it.” I told him.

“Definitely.” Then he gave that smile of contentment. My bus pulled over

“You really love what you do, don’t you?” I asked as I hopped on the bus and sat on my usual window seat. He was surprised with my question, it’s rather personal. But I can really see in him, he loves it.

“See you tomorrow, Dr. Park.” I waved at him. He waved back.

“Yeah. Tomorrow.” He said in reply.

 

-Dr. Park’s POV-

 

It’s already 7.00 am. I should get going. I might miss her, I don’t even know her name, I must get her name,  I only call her “ma’am” that’s just lame Yoochun so much for your smoothness; I should get her something, like a cup of coffee or a donut. I took my back pack and placed it on my back, and headed to the hospital café and got a box of donuts and some latte. I ran to the bundee clock to wait for her, the nurse from the Delivery Room, I should really invite her for breakfast or at least ask her, her name right; it’s already been what 3 days? We talked with each other everyday. After I got my donuts, I sat on the benches near the bundee clock and waited.

 

-Your POV-

 

Oh God, where is she? My incoming co-worker, she would receive my work, she’s from the morning shift and she isn’t here yet, it’s already 6.58 am, I hope she’s just late, I don’t want to have an over time, I don’t really want to have a straight duty. I should be able to endorse this already. *I am actually getting pissed*

 

[note: in this set up, if your incoming co worker didn’t come to work to receive you, or your patients, you, the nurse will be forced to take a straight duty, hence, another 8 hours of work.]

 

*fidgets* looks at the clock, it says, it’s already 7.15 am. I hope she really comes to work, I hope she’s coming. I am beginning to loose hope, my other co workers have endorsed their patients, and still, I haven’t. I am feeling that I am getting into a slump already. Then, there’s a hustle outside the door, there came Hyerim, the nurse who will continue my work! OMG!! You can’t know how happy I am!!! For real! I endorsed my work and changed my clothes.

 

-Dr. Park’s POV-

 

Where is she? Is she off duty today? It’s already 7.15, and she’s not yet here yet. She told me to “See her tomorrow”. She would be here right? Wow… this is the first time I really waited for someone whom I really don’t know and without confirmation that she will come. I’m really getting impatient. I should try my luck at the Delivery department and ask for her.

 

I went into the department, and asked the clerk

“Is there is a female nurse in the delivery room?”, the clerk laughed at me, and he replied,

“Doctor, all the staff nurses here in the deliver room are female.”

“Are you looking for someone?” the clerk asked.

“ahh.. yes. I am.”

“Then you can tell me her name, then, I’ll call her for you.” He offered.

I thought for a while. I don’t know her name!!!!!!!!!!!!! What should I do?so, I shook my head. I should just go outside and wait. I smiled at the clerk, and thanked him,

“You really sure you don’t want to give me her name, I really could call her for you. If she’s here.” And then, the door near the entrance opened. Then I saw her.

 

-Your POV-

 

I have to get changed… it’s been a long night. I should put on some makeup. Yeah… just a dab of blush on my cheeks to give a little color on my dead tired face. After that I took my bag and left the dressing area.

 

I opened the door only to find Dr. Park standing outside with a box of donuts and coffee in his hands. He looked at me when I opened the door.

 

“Hey! Dr. Park, what are you doing here?” I asked him. He seemed surprised with my question.

“hi. Are you outgoing?” he asked me for the nth time.

“Yep.” I replied and smiled at him. Then he grabbed my hand and he said to our clerk with a smile, “I’m looking for her.” And we stormed out of the delivery room and went to the bundee clock. He’s still holding my hands. I’m confused. But I just let him lead the way. Then… after I punched and scanned my finger, we went outside and walked near the bus stop.

 

“what were you doing waiting for me?” I asked.

“Yeah. I was.” He replied.

“Why didn’t you call for me?”

“Good question. Coz, I didn’t know your name.”

“You came to the delivery room just to ask my name?”

“Yes. And not just that.”

“What else?”

“I also came here to ask you, if you want to have breakfast with me, today.”

 

I smiled. And reached to shake his hands. “I’m Kim Minhee. Nice to meet you.”

“I’m Park Yoochun. Would you like to have breakfast with me today?”

“Sure. i'd love to.”