♫ BUBIBU

Read: Music

 

"I keep, keep, keep
I keep thinking of you
What to do with myself?"


Literature class.

"Aish," I hiss, heaving a sigh. I take a deep breath, staring at the closed door. I really feel like skipping this class but...

A hand taps my head gently, making me to turn around to see the person. My heart skips a beat -- and I know it's impossible -- when our eyes meet. I am frozen on my spot while he pushes open the door calmly.

He gives me his famous smirk, "Did you just turn into a statue, Yeon Jiseo? Or are you waiting for a Prince to open the door for you? If you are, the Prince is here now."

"Yah, Lee Wongeun, you-" I was going to throw a book onto him but he laughs it easily, stepping inside the classroom as if he doesn't hear me. "Aish, that kid, really..."

Joining the others in the classroom, I take my usual seat. I prop my chin on palm, scanning the whole room and, unconsciously, my eyes just fall on him. He is laughing with his best friend, talking about the game he played last night.

Lee Wongeun, the number one student in the school. Every girl likes how good looking he is. Every teacher likes how smart he is. Every one likes him for being perfect in everything. His score is perfect for every subject, including sport and music.

With one exception.

"This week's top scorer in this beloved literature class for the last project, as usual, unfortunately, Lee Wongeun, you're on second place," Miss Jung announces with an encouraging smile. She nods at me. "Congratulations, Yeon Jiseo, you have the perfect score again!"

Wongeun spins the pen in his hand, looking at me from his seat. We exchange looks in silence while the others are making random sound that I don't really care about.

Then he smirks.

He smirks as if he is the one who won the first place instead of me. He has that confident smirk pesters on his face with satisfaction.

I should be enraged. It must be why my heart beats a little bit faster than usual. It must be why I feel my cheeks are boiling. It should be because of that.

Is that also why he keeps crossing my mind too lately?

"Oh, congrats, Yeon Jiseo," he states, still hasn't wiped away that smirk. He rests his back on the chair comfortably. "You beat me again this week."

The other students are right. He is indeed good looking even with the smirk that always makes me want to punch him.

Ah, really, what am I thinking?!

 


"Whenever I think of you, I tremble
What to do with myself?"


One step. Two steps. Three steps.

I stop and turn around. He stands there, only two metres away from me. He whistles randomly, standing still. I continue walking forward for five more steps before I stop again.

Again, he also stops.

"Yah, Lee Wongeun, what are you doing?"

His lips are in a curve form when he raises his eyebrow, "Standing. Breathing. Talking. Isn't it obvious?"

I open my mouth to throw tantrum but I stop myself. It's useless to argue with him. I'll never win anyway. He has a special gift to make himself win in every single thing he does.

I decide to ignore him until we have reached the school yard. It's already 8 PM and all the students have returned to their dorms. School staffs are either on duty or on their way back home.

"Are you trying to be my shadow today?" I finally confront him, looking at his tall figure. I cross my arms, "Can't I even have a peace outside of school time?"

He looks confused but I know he's just pretending, "Oh, what did I do? I don't think I do anything that disturb you though."

Both of us just stand on our feet, looking at one another. I am thinking of a statement that would stop him from following me but he breaks the ice first.

"One, we can just stand here until tomorrow morning, looking at each other," his habit is on play. "Two, let's continue walking to our destination and ignore my existence."

Wongeun takes steps closer to me by each statement he makes. By the third statement, he's already standing right in front of me, not even a step away, "Or three, we can just go together."

"W-W-What are you doing, Lee Wongeun?!" I curse myself from stammering.

"Looking at you," he lets out a small chuckle. "Or is it not obvious for you too?"

Yeon Jiseo, why are you nervous right now?!


 

"I want to take a walk with you
I want to go on a picnic with you
There are so many things to do"

 

It's Friday night and I'm eating vanilla ice cream at my favorite cafe. It's supposed to be a normal activity for me.

Except Lee Wongeun is standing next to me, also with the exactly same ice cream in his hand. He actually looks like he is enjoying the sweet very much, better than me. He almost finishes his cone.

I glance at him and he notices it, "Is there something on my face?"

"Is there something you want to explain?" I throw back a question to him. "Ah, seriously, Lee Wongeun. Why are you following me? Can I have a peaceful Friday night by myself? Why are you even here when you can be somewhere else with your girlfriend or-"

"Wait a minute," he cuts my words and finishes his ice cream quickly. He steps closer to me and reaches out his hand to touch my face, still having a smile on face. "So the top student in Literature class is like a little kid when it comes to ice cream."

He wipes the remaning dessert off my lower lip with his thumb, "But the ice cream is really delicious so I think it's understandable."

"W-What is-" I quickly pull back, away from him even just for a step away but he reacts faster than I do. He grabs my left wrist and he draws me back to my previous spot again. "Y-Yah!"

"I haven't finished," he chuckles, still holding my wrist gently. His right thumb moves to the side of my lips. "One, I can wipe this just like what I did. Two, you can do it by yourself. Or three..."

Wongeun leans closer to me and whispers, "...I can wipe it with my lips."

"YAH! LEE WONGEUN!" I yell, completely flustered. He lets out a small laughter while the other visitors look at me with confusion.

This guy... Is he trying to drive me crazy?!

 

 

 

"I seem like a fool
I’m embarassed for myself
But I want to have courage and tell you"


"Are you mad at me?"

I ignore him.

He fastens his pace to walk side by side with me, tilting his head, "Yah, Yeon Jiseo, don't you hear what I say?"

I still ignore him but it doesn't last long. It can't.

Wongeun blocks my path. When I move to the left, he blocks the way and he does the same even when I try to move to the right side. I sigh with frustration, "Yah, Lee Wongeun, get out of my way, will you?"

"You haven't answered my question. Why would I listen to your request?" he shrugs. "So, are you mad at me?"

I frown in a complete disbelief. He's well know for being a genius in everything and he needs to ask if someone he has been pestered on is mad or not?!

"Lee Wongeun, if this is what you're trying to do to make my rank drops, then get lost," I rant without a second thought. "I just want to have a good night by myself right now but I need to waste my time talking to someone who doesn't even care about me."

He tucks his hands inside the pockets, looking at me as if he knows I still have more to say. I know that I look like a fool right now but, yes, I do have so much things to tell him now that we're alone.

"You are the number one student in our school. You can do every single thing. You win everything you want. I barely make myself in the list of top ten students every week. Literature class is the only place where I do better than you. Does that prick your pride as the top student? Because if it is, then I'm sorry. I'm sorry, okay?"

Finally all the words I've been holding to myself are out. My breath is short as if I just ran from somewhere far.

For two years since we're in the same school, as much as I don't want to, I admit that I keep track of his record. There's no way a student in our school has no idea about who he is. I am not an exception.

Two years, he never fails to snatch the number one place. Also for two years he always loses his place only in the literature class because of me.

The first time our teacher announced it, everyone was shocked. He also turned to take a good look at me -- he still does it until today -- but, strangely, never once does he show an expression that he doesn't believe that he loses to me.

It's more like he is amused with the announcement.

Ever since I was kid, I have been in love with literature. I read books just like breathing. I write words and arrange them just like talking. I never have any ambition to win the top rank.

Yet I can't help to feel something twisting inside my heart whenever I look at him.

Something good.

Wongeun smirks, "Why did you apologize? Because I can't win the first in literature class? I don't remember ever complaining about that."

I roll my eyes, "Look, Lee Wongeun, if there's anything-"

"Are you going somewhere right now?" he cuts my sentence again. He takes a look at his wristwatch, "Because if you do, let's go now."

"Let's go? Let's go?" I repeat his last words. "I'm not going anywhere with you. I'm not asking you to go with me. I'm not-"

"Fine," he takes my hand and drags me along. "I'm not going with you. You're going with me."

"What?! Yah, Lee Wongeun!"


 

"I like you so much, I like you so much,
What do I do?"


School rooftop.

He dragged me to the school rooftop at night. Of course there is no one here but us and it actually makes me even more curious. Why would he lead me here?

"Oh," my eyes widen. "Are you trying to give me threat? So that I would give up the first place or..."

He looks at me as if I just make a very ridiculous joke. Wongeun laughs, shaking his head, "Do I look like that kind of person?"

"A little."

"Don't you think of something else?" he gives me a sharp gaze, still smirking. "Just you and me here, you know."

I can feel my face is burning already by his stare. It must be so obvious because Wongeun chuckles at me, "You're so cute when you're blushing, Yeon Jiseo. No wonder why I like you."

"Stop teasing me now. What-" I stop myself when my brain just registers what he just said. Did he... "You what?"

He still has the curve on his lips, looking at me as if he just told me an answer of a test. He lifts his shoulders slightly, "I what?"

My brain goes round and round in head, "Yah, Lee Wongeun, stop teasing me. I'm serious."

"Oh, but I think you like my tease," he retorts with a grin. "Do you know that your face is as red as tomato right now, Yeon Jiseo?"

I stomp my feet and turn to leave the rooftop but he quickly stops me, running to the door in a flash. He blocks the door, "Where do you think you're going?"

"Move," I close my eyes, trying to control my emotion. I don't even know what I'm feeling right now. "Move, Lee Wongeun."

"No."

"I said move."

"I said no."

"Move. Away. Now."

"No. I. Won't."

"Yah, Lee Wongeun! What-"

A kiss stops my lips from saying another word.


 

"Slowly, on your two cheeks, BuBiBu
I want to hold your hand tightly and BuBiBu
Looking at you give me tickles
Looking at you and I go lululala"


It's just a second when his lips touch mine. It's just a second but it feels like the time has stopped and I actually freeze. I feel like I forget how to breath properly.

"Care to say it again?" he mumbles, only pulling away slightly. His face is only inches away from mine. "What do you want me to do?"

"M... Mo...," I try to utter a word but not even a syllable can come out properly. My heart beats too fast that I think I can explode. "I... You..."

He embraces my hands, tilting his head aside to press his lips on my left cheek. He whispers to my ear, "One, I can wait for you to finish your words."

Then he lands another kiss on my right cheek, "Two, I'll finish the words for you."

Wongeun straightens his body and he has his handsome smirk, "Three, I can just kiss you and you kiss me back."

He doesn't wait for an answer. There's not even a choice to begin with.

Within the next second, our lips are sealed.


 

"Little by little, on your lips, BuBiBu
You are my everything, BuBiBu
Just by looking at you, I feel good
Just by hearing your name,
just by hearing your voice makes me feel good"


We lay down on the floor comfortably, gazing at the starry night sky. I glance secretly at the boy and, when I think he doesn't notice, he states, "I know that I look handsome."

"Aish," I groan, returning my gaze to the night sky instead. "You and your confidence is higher than Mount Everest, Lee Wongeun."

He laughs and I swear I don't understand why I feel good just because of that. Both of us look at each other and it's so strange how I like the feeling of looking at him like this.

"Don't you wonder...," he mutters calmly, "...why all of a sudden I just tell you that I like you tonight?"

The feeling of how his lips on mine suddenly fills my mind again. I suddenly sit up, hoping that I can dig a hole and just hide there. Why am I still here?!

Right. Because after he kissed me, he said that he wanted to watch the stars and I just followed him like a fool.

"Two years ago, there's this girl who could win the first place of the boy who always snatched the top. The boy was interested, not because she could score better than him. He was interested because he knew she did it without any intention to beat him, unlike the others who tried so hard to knock him down from the top," he suddenly speaks up. "Everyone admires him, asks his help, looks up at him, but this girl stays the same. Always."

"They're friends, not rivals. They're classmates, nothing more. Yet he really likes looking at her and he likes it even more when the teacher announces that she wins from him again in the literature class. Why? Because, at that time, she would always look at him too."

"Lately she avoided his gaze. He wondered why then he remembered something," Wongeun sits up as well, giving me a smile. "It's her birthday tomorrow."

I gasp in realization upon his words. Tomorrow is my birthday. To be exact, midnight is in less than a minute so it will be my birthday very soon. I even forgot about it.

"So he wanted to be the first one to wish her a happy birthday and then asked her if she hated him...," he shifts closer to me who can't even move for the slightest, "...but when she repeated his name and blushed because of him, he already knew what the answer was."

Wongeun leans dangerously close to me until I can feel his breath on my nose. I stammer, "W-W-What is it?"

"One, I'd like to answer that obvious question," his lips touch the tip of my nose.

"Two, but I have a girl that I want to kiss right now," his lips touch mine.

"Three, I'm going to give her the special birthday present."


 

"I like you"

 

* * * * *

 

 

 

This story is based on "BUBIBU" by A Pink.

*wave the white flag* I took a while to write this one shot just because I needed more oxygen than usual to write.

So there's this one actor who has taken my full attention lately, Lee Wongeun. I never had a favorite actor (until I started watching Sassy Go Go and saw him) and I never had any intention to write any story with an actor as the main character (again, until I knew him).

There goes my heart. #IStillLoveYoseob