You're the One

You're the One

 

you're the one!

 

“IU~” a cute girl skipped to her best friend and IU smile brightly. IU walked to her and opens her arms to hug her one and only best friend who she can trust. The cute short girl hugged her and they both giggles like little girl in front of IU’s house.


“I thought you never come, Luna-ah” IU pouted as they broke the hug, “kaja, we’re late now, I’ll miss math time, and you know I like math” IU pouted even deeper that make her cuter than ever, Luna chuckles and pinches her cheeks.

“Aigoo, arasseo math wizard, Luna will always there for you!” Luna beamed and the both of them laugh together as they walk to their school, Incheon high school. Luna and IU are best friends since they’re five years old, the both of them still together as the years past and they never separated even when IU’s parents have to move to the state but IU didn’t want to and in the end, she live alone in her house, small house that she could provide.

Luna and IU arrived at the Incheon High school and as always, they got greeted by the students and also the teachers. All of them respect them both because they’re the top two students. They both are beautiful, cute and smart. But the only subject they hate is… sport.

“IU, I have to go to science class, good luck in math and meet me at the same table when its break, okay? Bye!” Luna waved and went to the lab for her science subject. IU waved back and went to her class. She sat on her usual seat and took out her stationery for math subject. 

As she taking out the necessary things, loud screams and squealing coming at the hallways and she tilt her head, curious. Never in Incheon school have screaming and squealing after the DBSK boys graduated. *Maybe there’s a new English teacher?* she thought.

Her math teacher came in and all the students in her class stood up to respectively greet him. Mr. Shin nodded his head as a sign that they could sit down. “As you all can see, examination is coming up and all of you must improve your low marks if you want to pass” he begins, just then a knock stop him before he could explain further. 

The boy came in and the girls immediately brush their hair and applied powders and lipstick. “Umm, excuse me, is this Mr. Shin class?” the boy asked and Mr. Shin nodded “I’m a new student here” he smile “Woohyun, Nam Woohyun”

“Uhh, okay, Woohyun you could take your sit, I was just explain something” Mr. Shin said and Woohyun bow, he searched for an empty seat for him to sit, he found a seat beside IU and he smile. He went to the seat and sat down. IU on the other hand is busy solving a math problem that she didn’t know who’s beside her. She normally solves things when her teacher announce about the exam.

“Okay class, as I was just saying, exam is coming up after this month and you should improve your marks and especially you, Lee Jieun” Mr. Shin point to IU and IU stopped solving her math problem, she looked up to face the teacher “you should improve your sport category, I know it’s not important but it IS important in your health section, arasseo?” IU slowly nodded and Mr. Shin smile. “Okay, math time!”
----------------------------------------------------------
Hours has past just like that with math time, almost all the time the whole class excluding Woohyun groaned whenever they can’t solve the problem and the only person who smiles brightly is the one and only Math Wizard, IU.

“Woohyun, you are weak in math, you should see me after class” Mr. Shin sigh and looked at IU, an idea pop in his mind and he smile, satisfied what he thought “um, you too Jieun, you two must see me after class, arasseo?” IU blew air in her cheeks and nodded her head; Woohyun caught her cute act and secretly chuckles. *If this Woohyun good in sports, then my idea is genius!* Mr. Shin thought.

RIING!

The bell rang signals the students that it’s break time. IU and Woohyun stood up at the same time and packed their things. IU bit her lips knowing that she’s going to see the teacher and couldn’t see Luna, she have texted Luna that she can’t see her and Luna understood.

“Umm, are you ready to go?” Woohyun asked and IU nodded, smiling to him. The both of them walked out from the classroom and walk together down the hallway, whistle and whispering comes to the student’s mouth as they walk past them. It’s their first time seeing IU walking with a guy by her side other then Luna.

They arrived in Mr. Shin’s office and IU knocked the door. “Come in” Mr. Shin called and they both went in. “Take your seat, I want to discuss with you both” Woohyun and IU sat down on the seats in front of Mr. Shin’s desk.

“Did I do wrong songsaengnim?” IU asked and Mr. Shin chuckles, he shook his head and IU sigh in relief that she’s not in trouble 

“but why do you call me and umm…”

“Woohyun, Nam Woohyun” Woohyun said.

“Nam Woohyun, why do you call us both?” IU asked Mr. Shin. 

The teacher sighs and took out the file records. IU took hers and Woohyun took his. “See what you both pass and what you both fail” Mr. Shin said and they both did as told.

“I only fail in sports” IU said “it’s really boring subject” she mumbles as she pouted. Woohyun looked at her and raises his brows to her.

“I only pass in sports” Woohyun said and they both give the files back to Mr. Shin “what’s the problem with that?”

“Exactly, Lee Jieun is the top and the number one student in this whole school, she passed all of the subjects except for sport and for you Nam Woohyun you FAIL all of the subjects and ONLY pass for sports” Mr. Shin explain and they both nodded “I want you both to work together, what I mean work is for you both to tutor each other in your weak subjects like Jieun will teach Woohyun all of the subjects and Woohyun will teach Jieun sports, arasseo?”

“But songsaengnim, you already know that I’m weak in sports” IU blew a air in her cheeks and said “even if I work hard, I always end up fail in this subject”

“She’s right Mr. Shin, even if I worked hard in all the subjects, I can’t pass in this whole month” Woohyun agree to IU and Mr. Shin smiles.

“If you both believe what within you, you CAN pass and you CAN do it. You just need teamwork and believe in yourself that you could pass this” Mr. Shin patted their head and gave them a fatherly smile “Woohyun even though you’re a new student, you should know this, I care for my students like my own children and you’re the part of our family now, I believe in you and you too, Jieun”

Both IU and Woohyun stood up and bow “we’ll work hard for you, Mr. Shin” they said and went out from the office. *They should pass this* Mr. Shin thought and sat down on his chair *IU is good mentally but weak physically, but Woohyun is good physically and bad in mentally, they can work it out*
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The next morning is raining and IU texted Luna that she’ll go to school early and Luna texted her back saying that she can’t go to school since she have an event with her families. IU sighs and put her phone back in her back. She tapped her feet waiting for taxi or bus to come, even though she’s holding umbrella but she got wet by the strong wind and the rain caught her school’s uniform.

“Aish, is there a traffic?” IU kicks a pebble and sigh even deeper 
“how can I go to school now? Maybe a motorbike will save my life” she sarcastically said.

Woohyun on the other hand, is on the way to the school but then, he spotted a poor girl standing there. He squinted his eyes to see clear of the girl’s face. *Isn’t that… oh IU!* He stops his motorbike and makes a U-turn to go to IU’s direction. 

IU looked around and saw a light going to her way, she thought that maybe it’s a postman or a policeman but her thought is wrong, it’s Woohyun. Woohyun stop and took off his helmet, he bit his lips and patted the seat behind him.

“Need a ride?” he rubbed his back neck and IU smile brightly; she took his helmet and wore it. Woohyun raise his brows to her and his heart beat fast as IU wrapped her arms around Woohyun’s waist. “Y-You want a ride?” *What’s wrong with you Woohyun? Stay cool, you’re the coolest, yeah, cool*

“Just don’t go too fast” IU told Woohyun and he nodded, he took his extra helmet and zoomed off to school. IU tighten her grips not wanting to fall from the bike, Woohyun heart is thumping *COOL WOOHYUN COOL!!*
---------------------------------------------------------
They both arrived at their school and IU went straight to her locker, Woohyun followed her like a lost puppy behind her. IU turned around after she finished picking up some books for Physics subjects. She blinked in surprise when she found herself staring at someone’s chest, she looked up and Woohyun looked away. 

“Why do you follow me?” she asked, Woohyun cleared his throat and ruffled her hair.

“Babo, did you forget that you’re my tutor?” IU made an ‘o’ shape with and nodded her head that she understand now 
“are you the top student or the babo student?” he smirked and IU smacked his chest playfully.

“No, you’re lucky that you’re a new student, if so, I’ll bring out my taekwondo skills” IU pumps her fist and playfully glared at Woohyun. He chuckles and shook his head.

“Is it because I’m a new student or hot?” IU once again smacked his chest and walked away without him “oh come on! I was joking! But then… I am hot” that made IU walked faster “wait up!”

Woohyun didn’t know that behind those walls, there’s someone smirking and chuckling. “Oh, Woohyun hyung is lucky to tutor a beauty”

“Shut up maknae, you’re going to expose us, remember, don’t let Woohyun know that we transferred to the same school as his, arasseo?”

The six of them nodded and went to their respective classes.
------------------------------------------------
The bell has rang as the clock showing that it’s break time, throughout all the time, Mrs. Woo would flirt Woohyun but Woohyun is busy staring at IU’s face and then IU is busy solving the physic’s problem. 

Woohyun and IU went out the classroom in the same time and they became close as they asked each other question.

“So, I guess we have to separate now, you have Bio and I have Chemist” IU smile, Woohyun smile weakly but inside, he was kind of sad that he had to separate with her “but then, we don’t want to waste time, do you want me to teach you Bio before you go to your class?”

Woohyun brighten up and nodded his head, they went to the school’s library that IU usually go whenever its break but if Luna isn’t there with her. IU sat on her usual table and Woohyun sat beside him.

“Do you know where you stop Bio?” she asked and Woohyun said it’s about the enzymes “it’s the easiest topic!” she cheered, IU started to explain about the lock and key and the other things. Woohyun honestly understood whenever she explains it, because IU explains the enzyme topic so deep and she also explain it with her hand gestured.

“What about the products?” Woohyun asked as he runs his fingers on his textbook, IU too runs her fingers and accidently touched Woohyun’s finger, they both receive electricity rundown their spine and then looked away, blushed.

“Uh, it’s just… umm, well” IU didn’t know what happen to herself, she’s not her usually self now, just as she want to explain again, something poked her on her sides and she jolt up. “Y-Yah”

Woohyun looked up and innocently smile “you didn’t look okay, so I poke you” IU stared at him in disbelief, an idea pop in her mind and she sat back down. “So… about the product?”

“Let me explain you” she smile oh-so-innocently like Woohyun did and began to poke Woohyun’s sides, Woohyun hold into his laugh and IU giggles 

“Yah, I only poke you one time! It’s not fair!”

“Uh, it is, you shouldn’t hit girls!” IU pouted 

“Hitting and poking is different”

“But your finger hit girl’s side”

“Uh, whatever smarty”

“Oppa, you’re funny”

Woohyun chuckles and unconsciously pinches her cheeks, IU stared at him again, and her heart went thump, thump. Woohyun stared at her twinkling eyes and switch his attention to her lips *uh, Woohyun, stop thinking that lips!* but he didn’t follow his mind. He lean in and IU close her eyes, but the moment end up when the bell rings.

Both of them broke and cleared their throat. They stood up from their seat and Woohyun turn to IU “Tomorrow, we’re going to learn basketball, arasseo?” Woohyun gave her a piece of paper and IU took it “that’s my number, just call me if there’s something else” IU nodded and went to the librarian to borrow a book, Geography and History books for Woohyun on their next tutoring.

*We have 2 weeks and 10 days now, he isn’t that hard to tutor and I could see that he’s working hard* IU thought as the librarian scan the books *maybe I’ll put an effort to it too* then she remembered the almost kiss scene *s-stop thinking about that IU!*
------------------------------------------------------
IU woke up from her sleep as the sun’s ray shine through her window. She sat up from her bed and rubbed her eyes, just as she want to go to shower, her front door’s bell rang. She went 
downstairs and opens the door.

“Luna”

“IU”

The both best friends smile and hugged each other. They say I miss you several time and they meant it, they can’t be separated for just one day because well, they’re best friends.

“I heard a school’s rumor” Luna asked as she broke the hug “do you really tutoring him and he’ll tutor you sports?” IU nodded and bit her lips, Luna noticed her nervousness and smile softly “hey, IU, remember, I, Luna will always support you, although I’m weak in sport myself” the last sentence she began to whispered “I can’t help my own best friend, I’m weak, I’m pathetic and I’m-“

“Luna, stop it, you’re awesome, you’re cool, and you’re always a beauty. You’ll always be my best friend no matter what” IU looked straight to her eyes and then chuckles “I think I’m like a boy friend now caring for his girl friend”

Both Luna and IU cracked into a fit laughter but stopped when a horn beep. Both of them turn around to the sound and IU’s eyes widened. 

“Oh, Woohyun oppa, what are you doing here?” IU walked up to him and Woohyun rubbed the back of his neck, shy.

“I… came to pick you, silly” he smile and ruffled her hairs “remember? You tutor me and I tutor you” IU chuckles and nodded her head, she spun around to face her best friend and found out that Luna is giggling, “Umm, I think you’re not ready” 
Woohyun said as he notice the night gown IU has wore.
IU blushed and lowered her head “I’ll go shower” she ran up to her doorstep and past Luna, she could hear Luna is whispering.

“I can sense a new love story here” she whispered, IU blushed again but went in her house to change her clothes in to her uniforms attire.
---------------------------------------------------------
“So, we’re going to learn basketball?” IU asked and Woohyun nodded, it’s after school now, Luna kept teasing IU and IU would pout, and the six spies will watch the whole scenes of IU and Woohyun’s moments. 

They were at the basketball court, only the two of them, alone. Woohyun took a deep breath as he aim the ball to the hoop, IU took out her notebook and began to focus the positions and the angles. Woohyun press his lips into a firm line and shoot the ball into the loop and yes, he score.

“And that’s how you score a goal” Woohyun wink and IU took a note of that. He frowned and took the note from IU.

“Hey! It’s for my study!” IU tip toed trying to reach the height of Woohyun’s but no matter how long she stretch, she can’t reach her note book, she then gave up and pouted “give it back, it’ll help me to study sports”

“Silly babo girl, sports not about taking notes” Woohyun gave the note book to IU and she slowly took it, slightly confused what he just said “sports came from your heart” he point his index finger to his chest and smile “the angles, the position, the distance, it is a form of math but math in sport is… umm, prediction from your heart… like estimate”

“But… you just score a goal, and your angle plus your position is good” IU tilts her head and sigh “I won’t pass this sport if this kept going on” Woohyun chuckles, took the ball and stand behind IU. 

He took her hands and asked her to hold the ball. IU’s heart accelerates as Woohyun came closer to her and she gulp.

“The position and what so ever, is my prediction and estimation from my heart” he explain as he raise IU and his arms to aim the ball to the loop “just focus the basket and predict the distance and angle” he adjust the aim and IU nodded, she her lips and narrowed her eyes to aim the ball in a correct way “if your heart says it’s a right position, you release your energy to the ball and get the ball…” he threw the ball and the ball went in the hoop, satisfied he continue “into the basketball hoop”

“Whoa, I want to try! I want to try!” IU jump up and down wanting to try the basketball, she took the ball and stands on the position where Woohyun just taught her *Predict, estimate* just like Woohyun, she took a deep breath, press her lips into a firm line and threw the ball with her energy. The ball goes in the hoop and IU’s jaw dropped.

“Good one!” Woohyun held out his hand to high five but instead of that, he receives a hug from IU.

“I just scored! I just scored! Oh oppa thank you!!!” IU buried her face to Woohyun’s broad chest and smell his scene “thank you, you just make me to want to learn more about sports”

“And you make me want to learn subjects too” Woohyun smile shyly and hugged her back *you make me want to learn about you more Lee Jieun*
------------------------------------------------------------
A week has just passed after Woohyun and IU tutor each other. IU will teach Woohyun every weekday while Woohyun will teach IU every weekend. Woohyun and IU became stranger to friends and now best friend, Luna had a family event for sometimes and the ‘spies’ is actually curious about Woohyun because this days Woohyun changed.

“So, do you know what the answer is?” IU asked Woohyun and he proudly writes the answer in his workbook, IU took a look at his answer and burst into a fit of laughter. Woohyun frowned and took the book from her “y-you really didn’t understand, right?” Woohyun blew air in his cheeks and nodded his head. 

“But it IS the correct answer, it want where’s the angle X, Y and Z so I put arrows to help it to find the X, Y and Z!”

“Now you’re the babo” IU chuckles and took back the book from him “it want the angles, not where the letters are, you should use your geometrical sets to solve this problem, here let me show you, you should put this to the angle’s X line and…”

Woohyun kept staring at her dreamy face and couldn’t help it to let out a soft chuckle. He didn’t listen to IU because he already knew the answer, he knew it all along but he ‘accidently’ told her he didn’t understand because he loves to watch her explanation’s face. The cute face that he always saw every single days and he didn’t even got tired seeing her face and pout, it just make him happier.

“Now, do you know the answer?” IU stopped and looked up to Woohyun, he came back to the reality and cleared his throat, he nodded and the corner of IU’s lips curved up and give her pencil to Woohyun, “Now answer”
---------------------------------------------------------
“I’m home” Woohyun called as he stepped in the Infinite’s house. Sunggyu and Dongwoo are standing in front of him, crossing their arms above their chest and raising their brows to Woohyun.

“Where have you been, Nam Woohyun? You know it’s late” Sunggyu asked, Woohyun plastered his face with big grin as he recall the tutoring in IU’s house. He beamed and skipped to his room, totally ignoring Sunggyu’s question.

“I think your wife is going to divorce with you hyung” Dongwoo chuckles and patted his back “I think you should make us dinner now, we’re hungry you know”

“Aish” Sunggyu pouted “he changed, now I’m the one who always in charge with the foods, you should be the one who cook, chef” he sigh and walked to the kitchen, Dongwoo chuckles even more and shook his head *I think I should be the umma now*

Woohyun opens his textbook and tried to solve the history question for the mini test tomorrow, as he tried to answer the question number ten, a soft knock heard by him and he spun his office chair to face the door. “Come in, the door aren’t lock”

Sungjong, the maknae along with the other Infinite’s member came in to Woohyun’s room, he was a bit surprise that all of his brothers came in his room, it will happen whenever there’s an emergency but last time he check, there’s no emergency.

“We need to talk hyung” Sungjong said. “What’s your relationship with the goddess, huh?” the maknae demand and Woohyun chuckles, he began to tell the story about how he met IU, how he and IU became close.
--------------------------------------------------------
IU lies down on her bed and smile to the ceiling. She can’t believe that one week had just passed and there’s only seventeen days left for the examination. Will she able to pass the exam?
“I’ll ace the other subjects but I still didn’t know that I’m ready in sport” IU sigh, just then, her phone rang and she picked it up fast.

“Whoa, do you think it’s your boy friend is calling?” Luna laughs at the other line and IU pout.

“Yah, I repeat, he IS not MY boy friend, okay?”

“Hehee, I know, I just want to test you, and by the way, I…” Luna sighs and IU is feeling nervous all of the sudden, she didn’t like what her best friend act right now “do you want me to tell you know?”

“The earlier is the better, Luna, please do tell me”

“Okay, I… have to move to the state”

“Wait, what you just said?!” IU panicked and she immediately sat up

“I have to move to the state since my parents have a business there”

“But, what about me, what about us”

“I cared for you IU-ah, but… you knew that I’m the heir of the F(x)’s company” IU could feel her eyes got teary and she can’t think properly now “I can’t attend the exam and I can’t be there for you, but remember this, always in your heart, I’ll support you, okay?” IU sniffles and nodded.

“You’re going to visit me, right?”

“Of course you babo! Now go to sleep and take some rest, bye!” the both of them hung up and IU went back to lay down on her bed, her best friend have to go somewhere far away, she didn’t know what to do, *but I must past this exam for Luna* she then closed her lights off and went to sleep. But before her sleep, she’s remembering something.

*Woohyun oppa said I’m babo too* she smile and then went to sleep for real.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Woohyun get on his motorbike and put on his helmet. *Should I pick up IU?* 

“Woohyun, you forget your math textbook” L called “huh, your exam is today and you already forgot the book” Woohyun went off his bike and took his book from L, he thanked L and went on back to his bike again, he made a decision to pick up IU.

He zoomed to IU’s street and stopped in front of IU’s house, IU went out from her house looking normal and her smile still shining. She looked around and spotted Woohyun, her smile began to reach to her ears but she bit her lips to prevent her to smile even wider.

“Woohyun oppa, why are you here?”

“Picking you up, is that a sin?” He smirks and IU giggles, she went on his bike and put on the helmet. She wrapped her arms around Woohyun’s waist and his heart as always beat faster. *Just calm down Woohyun, its exam day* IU rest her head on Woohyun’s back and close her eyes *Luna, I wish you were here because I have so many things to tell you about this guy I’m hugging*

They both went to school.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The first exam is history and the second is sciences that are Physics, Biology and Chemistry. Woohyun worked hard to solve both of the subjects. While IU, she’s just relax but couldn’t help feels worried for Woohyun though.

Woohyun is sitting behind IU and he smile seeing only her back, his energy boost up and he quickly write the answers in the answer sheet.

“Okay, class time’s up” the teacher said and stood up from his chair “pencils down or else, you’ll lose marks”

They all put their pencils down and the teacher collects their exams paper. IU sigh in relief and stole a glance back to Woohyun, she saw that his face is pale and she’s began to worry about him.

“Okay, you may go to breaks now” all of the students went out of the classroom with a groaned.

IU met up with Woohyun and Woohyun’s face is still pale. She chuckles and took out her lips balm.

“Put this on, your lips are pale”

“Are you crazy? That’s for girl” Woohyun pouted and IU shook her head, she took of the cap of the lips balm and hold Woohyun’s head.

“What are you doing?”

“Bent down a little, I can’t reach your height”

Woohyun bent and their face is centimeters away, “Not too much” IU blushed, Woohyun smirk and backed away a little, she put her lips balm to Woohyun’s lips and her heart skipped a beat, she stares at Woohyun’s now smooth lips after she applied the lips balm.

“Are you sure about this? This is for girl?” Woohyun took her lips balm and scan it “oh, it’s for boys also” he smile satisfied, and then his eyes fall directly to her lips. He chuckles and bent down, IU blinked and she gulps her saliva when Woohyun’s face is in front of her.

“Umm, what are you doing?” she asked like Woohyun did, he ignored her question and spread the strawberry lips balm on her lips.

“There, then both of us wearing the same flavor!” Woohyun laugh and IU giggles. Both of them hang out in the library to study the next subject and Woohyun secretly put IU’s lips balm in his pocket.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The exam ends even the sport exam. The result is about to coming out, IU and Woohyun both close their eyes hoping to get a good or a better result. One of the teachers put up the result and all of the students crowded to that one spot.

“D-Do you think I’ll pass oppa? I mean, I do bad in sport and well and I think I do wrong in math, what’ll happen if I fail oppa?!” IU panicked and Woohyun chuckles. He pulled her into a hugged and IU stiffened 

“Silly Babo Lee Jieun, you’re the top student” Woohyun her hair and close his eyes “you should believe in yourself”

The students began to get lesser and lesser, some of them frown and some of them cheered. Then there’s only IU and Woohyun. They took a deep breath and stood in front of the board.

“Oppa, hold my hand” IU said but still closing her eyes, Woohyun gladly took her hand and hold it tight “if I fail, slap me, if you fail, then blame me”

“Aish, silly babo girl” Woohyun turn IU to face him, IU blinked and Woohyun smile “you’re silly, babo, princess, Lee Jieun, you MUST believe in yourself”

“But oppa-"

Woohyun stopped her from talking more nonsense things with his lips. IU didn’t know what to do first, but her heart told her that she should kiss him back, following her heart; she kissed him back more passionately. Woohyun cupped the back of her neck to push her lips more to him.

They broke the kiss and stare at each other’s eyes.

“Silly babo girl”

“Why did you keep saying that?” IU asked him.

“Because you make me crazy, you’re the reason why I was studying hard and why I didn’t have much sleep”

“But… why me?” IU didn’t understand and Woohyun smile.

“Your name kept on repeating in my mind, Lee Jieun, Lee Jieun over and over again, at first I don’t know why, but know, I do know the answer… Lee Jieun, you’re the one”

IU smile back and rested her forehead to Woohyun’s “now I believe in myself because of you, I like sports because of you, and you’re the one who introduce me to the sport world”

“I’m glad you accept me, Jieun” Woohyun gave her a peck on her lips and IU blushed “Now one thing is repeating in my mind”

“What’s that?”

“Silly Babo girl” he chuckles “You’re The One”

IU pouted and playfully smacks his chest.

“And guess what?”

“What? Are you going to say ‘Silly Babo girl’ again?” IU sarcastically said

“We passed!”
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -