Now You're Gone

Now You're Gone

 

Dongwoo stared at the phone he had been sitting by for the last three months. Hoping for a call he knew would never come. Hoya had left four months ago. The first month was filled with tears and depression. The last three months he had hope. Maybe he would call. Maybe he would show up at the front door. Maybe he would wake up and Hoya would be by him again. He knew deep down it wouldn't happen. Yet he never left his spot. Never took down the pictures. Never threw out Hoya's things.

 

Everyone was worried about him. They constantly called him. Checking if he was okay. He obviously wasn't. Each call only escalated his unrealistic hope, only to be crushed by the voice of one of his friends. He was tired of it. Each time the ringing was heard, his heart started beating faster and his mind started attempting to process what he would say if it was Hoya. That he missed him. He was sorry. He hadn't meant to be so possessive. He knew that Hoya was only talking to Sungjong. But he didn't like it. Not one bit.

 

When Hoya asked what was wrong, he just laughed it off saying it was nothing, when inside the anger was growing, bubbling into thoughts of jealousy and envy. Why did he talk to Sungjong so much? Why did he seem so at ease with him and not Dongwoo? Dongwoo was an easy-going guy. He was friendly, lovable even. So why weren't people friendly with him? No one spoke to him but his friends who called much to often.

 

Every once in a while people would visit him. He didn't know who they were, but they brought him things. Everytime he came he out for a while. At first he actually wondered why, but after it happened so often he stopped wondering. He just let it happen. At least for a while, Hoya was forgotten. The pain forgotten. Loneliness. Jealousy. Envy. For a while he felt calm. At peace. But after a while it was replaced again with his old friends.

 

Had it really only been four months? It seemed longer. Maybe it was. Who knows. Dongwoo didn't. Maybe those blackouts lasted longer than he thought.

 

 

“How is he?”

 

“He is still believing that this 'Hoya' person existed. This fantasy has lasted far too long. It breaking down his mental stability and its been doing so for three years. Are you sure this person never existed Howon?”

 

“I'm certain he didn't.”

 

And then he walked away from the only man he ever loved.