Abeoji

A Thousand Pieces
Junhyung's P.O.V

Perfection. The way the sun shines on her sleeping face is just beautiful. I've been coming to her apartment in the morning for the past month just to lay next to her. Waking up, seeing her, brushing our teeth together, then going to school with her. Everything has just been so perfect. Even those annoying girls have stopped bothering us. They kind of glare, but I can't care less. I have Yeon Young, nothing is going to ruin this for us. She shifted a bit in her sleep. I smiled and gladly wrapped my arms around her, pulling her closer to me. Nothing can ruin this for us. Nothing.

Yeon Young's P.O.V

There it is again. That wonderful feeling. That warmth that makes me feel all bubbly inside. I opened my eyes and found myself in Junhyung's embrace. It's a Saturday. I could stay like this all day if I wanted to. It's been a month since that situation at Omma's apartment. I haven't had the guts to go to the hospital for a check up. What if I did have cancer? What if this is it? What if I was dying, and could do nothing about it? What if I'm going to lose Junhyung? Worse. You'll become a burden to him. No. This could ruin everything for me. Everything.

Junhyung groaned as I sat up. It's back. The nauseating feeling. Vomit. It's crawling up my throat, finding a way out. Hand over mouth, I ran to the bathroom, locking the door behind me. It forced itself out of my mouth just as I bent over the toilet bowl. The contents of my stomach sloshed in the water. Disgusting piece of . I flushed the toilet and washed my hands and face. Then I sat down, back against the wall. Wrapping my arms around my legs, I buried my face into my knees. I didn't cry. I don't want to cry. I just sat there and let the voices talk. Another voice cut through my thoughts. "Babe? You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." No I'm not. Liar

"You sure? Unlock the door, please?" Nope, don't think so. I can't let him see me like this. Not at my weakest, not when I could become a burden.

"Aniyo. I'm fine. Really. Don't worry." You're getting better at this each and every day. "Shut up," I hissed.

"What was that?"

"Nothing!" I the faucet and ran my toothbrush through the warm water. Applying the toothpaste, I began brushing my teeth. As I washed my face, I looked at my reflection in the mirror. You're a sick bastard. Looking away, I splashed water on my face. Kill yourself already. No one wants you. Turning off the faucet, I turned myself to the towel and dried my face. Cancer. Attention . It's what you wanted, isn't it? You can finally die and leave us all so that we could live in peace. I might not have it. I may be okay. I hope you die. I almost laughed at my ironic situation. Before, I begged for this to happen. So I could just die and be over with life. Now that I've found a reason to live, I might not be able to.

Junhyung smiled at me as I walked out. I tried to smile back, but it's hard. Before he could ask any questions, I left the room and went straight to the kitchen to cook breakfast. I was frying eggs when I felt arms around my waist and Junhyung's chin resting on my right shoulder. "Jagi."

"Hmmm?"

"Let's have dinner at my house. Min Ra wants to see you. And I want you to meet Director Choi."

"Is your dad going to be there?" He stayed silent. "You can't be mad at him forever, you know. Like it or not, he still took care of you and Min Ra as you guys grew up." He let go and pulled away.

"That's bull. He hardly cared for us. He paid people to do that for him. He's not a dad, he will never be one." Turning off the stove, I faced Junhyung. He was turned away, but I knew he was tense. I know he hates his dad, and I understand why. But they have to make up, somehow. I don't want Junhyung to regret this. People stay mad and hold grudges for way too long in their lives. I know how it feels to be angry. You're only hurting yourself. I don't want him to go down the same path. Not this way, not with his dad.

"Junhyung-ah, please-" He slammed his hand on the counter, making me jump.

"WILL YOU STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM?! I DON'T WANT HIM THERE AND THAT'S FINAL." Annoyance. He ran his hand through his hair and sighed. This Junhyung scared me. Our relationship wasn't perfect, we argued a lot. What couple hasn't? But he never yelled at me, not like this. He was never this angry with me. Staying silent, I turned my attention back to the stove. I poured the eggs onto a plate and took out another pan to make pancakes. The sizzling filled the silence as I poured the batter. "Look, Young-ah, I'm sorry. It's just...I really don't want him anywhere around you. He'd just ruin everything." I nodded quietly, heart still pounding from earlier. "I didn't mean to yell at you." Flipping the the pancake, I continued to stay quiet. "Youngie." No response. "Jagi." I had to bite my lip to keep myself from grinning. "Miahneyo. Jeongmal miahneyo." He was acting like a little kid. "Jagiya." I ignored him and put the pancake into a plate, pouring the batter for a new one. "You're not even going to look at me? Jagiya." I turned and found him on his knees. I had to use all my energy to keep myself from laughing. What? He yelled at me first. "I was wrong. I shouldn't have yelled at my jagiya. Miahn." He pulled on the lobe of his ears. "Junhyung was bad. Forgive me?" I took the plates on the counter and brought them to the table. He followed on his knees. "This really hurts." I continued to go back and forth, placing food on the table. He followed, still on his knees and tugging his ears. When I brought the last plates over, I turned to him. My eyes widened.

"Pabo!" His ears were painfully red. His piercing looked like it was about to rip through.

"You were mad."

"Stupid." I smacked his forehead. "We've been together for three months, almost four, and you still haven't figured out when I'm faking it?!"

"OH! You lied! I did all this for nothing!?" I laughed at him. He's so juvenile, it's ridiculous. What kind of person is this? "I'm hurt."

"Just get up and eat breakfast." He sat at the table with me and started devouring his food as I watched. He's so different when I talk about his dad. Is he really that bad? That's the one thing that made Junhyung snap. How were they ever going to fix this?