Remarrying

A Thousand Pieces
Yeon Young's P.O.V

I need some air, I NEED SOME AIR.

I swung open my apartment door and ran down stairs. I was panting by the time I was outside. Not of fatigue, but of disbelief. Why does my chest always beat fast around him? I like Yoseob. Yoseob sunbae. But why haven't I called him oppa? Why did I call Junhyung oppa? This can't be happening. I looked up at the sky and exhaled heavily. Dawn. I checked my phone. 6:48AM. I had stayed up all night taking care of him, making sure he was out of his critical state. Thank goodness it's a Saturday. I inhaled heavily and ran back up stairs.

He was just sleeping now. He doesn't seem that bad on this state, like a little boy. He seems sad though. You know perfectly well who I mean. Junhyung. I sighed and pulled the blanket up to his chest. I stood up and headed to the kitchen. What am I supposed to do, let him starve? Normally, I'd be glad to do so, but he saved my life last night. I've always wished for death, but not . I owe him. I started washing the rice.

Junhyung's P.O.V

I opened my eyes to an unfamiliar room. It took a moment for my memories of last night to come flooding back. I clenched my fist at the thought of that bastard Hyunseung. I say up, but was forced to lay back down by the pain that shot through me. Right. That sneaky stabbed me when I wasn't paying attention. I moved my head around, scanning the room. Simple, plain white. There were posters of boy bands on the wall: BIGBANG, B2ST, BAP, B1A4, NU'EST, 2PM, EPIK HIGH. I smiled, I saved a little fangirl. I reached out my right hand and felt around for my phone. Found it. Bringing it to my face, I checked the time. 8:04. Saturday. Perfect. I could stay here for awhile. Clenching my jaw, I forced myself to endure the pain of sitting up. Immediately, I stood up so I wouldn't tear the wound. Spotting a mirror in the restroom, I went for a closer look. I rolled up the grey tshirt. Removing the bandages, I checked the soon-to-be scar. She did a nice job. It wasn't jagged not ugly. Not too shabby. A straight line sewed tightly across my abdomen. It had stooped bleeding. Just healing up nicely now. I checked myself in the mirror. I'm growing stubble. And this grey tshirt. It's not mine, I could've sworn I left the house wearing a white shirt. I looked beat up and tired. I started to remember the reason I left the house last night.

"NO. NO WAY IN HELL." I slammed the door to my father's study. Angry, flustered.

"I thought you'd be happy for me." He stepped out of his study after me. HAPPY FOR HIM? IS HE SERIOUS? HE IS JUST ASKING TO BE SOCKED. I held myself back.

"ARE YOU FREAKIN' KIDDING ME RIGHT MORE?" I suddenly remembered my sleeping sister. I lowered my voice into an angry hiss. "You have no damn right to ask for my blessing. You were never there for me or Min Ra. You weren't there when my mom was alive and you sure as hell weren't there when she died. She begged you to come home over the phone but you told her you were working. You know what? I know the truth."

"What are you talking about?"

"You and I both know damn well you weren't working. You were out in the bar with some while MY mom fought for her life." I felt the pain in my chest that was there when I lost faith in my dad.

"I'm sorry." Hanging his head down, he spoke quietly. "But I'm a different man. I loved your mom, but I have to move on. I'm in love with this woman. We're going to get married. I just want you to accept her. Min Ra needs a mother. She's a girl. I can't raise her alone and neither can you. Please." I closed my eyes and inhaled sharply. I clenched my jaw.

"You left our mom to die, and I will never forgive you for that." And with that, I left.

I shook my head clear of the thoughts. There was a brand new toothbrush left on the sink. This girl thinks of everything. After washing up, I headed to the kitchen to find food. It was a tiny apartment so I found everything easily. There was a bowl of congee (porridge) on the counter left with a note:

"Yah, babo. Eat up. I cooked it so there better not be left over when I get back, or else you're dead. There's drinks in the fridge. NO SODA. I went for a run. Be back by nine."

-Jung Yeon Young

Smiling at myself, I sat down to eat. It's still warm. The thought of her cooking for me made me smile even wider. "WHAT THE HELL. WHY AM I SMILING?" Realizing I had said that out loud, I smacked myself. I've been talking to myself a lot lately. It's all because of her. I get embarrassed easily around her and my heart either beats like crazy or stops completely when she's near me. I constantly look for her, but when she IS around me, alll I do is think of ways to mess with her. I'm comfortable around her, yet nervous at the same time. I- I think I like her. I like Jung Yeon Young.