Letter 1: She lives in the forest.

Free Spirit

 10 years ago I tried to run away from the world, I was fed up with its constant lies and empty promises. I’m aware that the world is like that and you can’t run away from your problems but that’s what I did. I ran away. I packed up my things and drove off leaving my friends and family. The only problem I had was that I had nowhere to go, I wanted to start a new and have a fresh outlook on life but where would I go to find what I was looking for.

 I was driving aimlessly for weeks, driving by old towns and abandoned houses. I honestly didn’t know where I was, though I wouldn’t have called myself lost. Lost is when you have a destination and you take the wrong route, I on the other hand was just looking for a place to go.

 One day I was completely exhausted from driving and I decided to drive into a town. Sadly the town I pulled into looked like no one has lived there in years. I kept on driving forward until I reached the end of the road, by the road there was a large grass field and a small park in the distance. I had nothing else to do at the moment so I decide to have a rest at the park for a while. As I walked closer to the play ground I noticed a small figure that was getting bigger and bigger with ever y step. When I got close enough I noticed it was a girl, she was swinging on the old rusted swing. At the moment I wondered why there was a little girl playing in the park alone. I walked over to the swing next to her and sat down she noticed me and stopped swinging. She looked at me and at that moment I noticed something very different about her. Something about her was very captivating.

It’s safe to say that at that moment my life changed forever.

Her eyes are deep blue but her hair is dark as coal, her skin is sickening pail but yet it adds on to her beauty.

“Who are you?” I breathed out. She looked at me, the way she stared at me was like as if she was looking right through me. “I don’t know who I am.” Her response was odd. “How do you not know who you are, what your name?” I asked. “I don’t know I don’t have a name.” How does she not a have name? “Where are your parents?” “I don’t have parents.” “Where do you live?” She pointed to the direction of the thick forest. I questioned her. “How do you live in there?” She got up from her swing and took my hand. “Come on I’ll show you.” I got up from my swing and followed her. There was a part of me that said not to follow her but the other part of me was curious and found this girl fascinating.

We entered the forest and at first it was difficult to see and walk but once we were deep enough it was easier to go through. Once we were over a large hill I saw a huge castle. I looked at her. “You live in that?” She nodded. “Come on I want you to meet someone.”  She took my hand again and dragged me inside the castle. Inside the castle was just as marvellous as the outside.  The floor had beautiful white tiles with white and beige walls.

“L! L, where are you?” She yell out for someone. She ran and turned the corner, not wanting to get lost I tried to catch up with her. She opened two large doors and entered in, I followed behind her. “L are you in here?” She yelled. I was in awe it was the largest library I’ve ever seen, books were stacked up the wall and piled up the ground. “Hey come on.” She yelled from the other side of the library. I snapped out of my trance and manoeuvred my way to her. “I want you to meet someone.” She said. She led me to a reading space and I saw a dark haired boy who looked to be my age reading a book on the couch. His eyes lifted away from his book and looked at me. I gulped, his gaze wasn’t exactly warming. Not taking his eyes off me he shut his book and crossed his legs. “Who is he?” The boy spoke. I was about to introduce myself but she beat me to it. “This is uhh?” She looked at me. “Sungjong, my name is Sungjong.” I told them. She turned back to the boy. “Right this is Sungjong, I met him in the abandon town. Can he stay with us?” “What excuse me?” I was shocked with her request. He finally turned away from me and looked at her. “Certainly not, you know nothing about him, he needs to go back to where he came from.” The boy said. “Come on please L, can he at least stay for dinner?” She argued. The boy named L sighed and rubbed his temples, she shot him with and innocent face. “Fine he can stay for dinner.” Her face lit up and jumped around. “Sun can you start dinner for us please, I’ll be right there, I want to show our guest where he can go freshen up.” He said. She nodded and scattered off.

Once she left his eyes were back on me. I gulped again. Something about this guy did not seem friendly, or maybe he doesn’t like strangers around his castle. I don’t know.

“Let’s go.” He said and walked off. I followed beside him outside the library and into the halls. It was awkward and silent I wanted to lighten the mood so I tried talking to him. “It’s L right, L who built this castle here?” He answered right away. “That’s none of your business.” “Okay you don’t have to be so rude.” I said. “Where are you taking me anyways?” He stopped and turned to me. “It’s Sungjong right.” I nodded. “Well Sungjong I suggest you stop asking questions, after dinner leave and never come back. You got that?” He said. I nodded again. What is wrong with him, there is something definitely odd around here.

Little did I know at that time something was odd and I would soon find out.