The Jealous Brothers

The Jealous Brothers

tumblr_m77qozHWN51rvsi69o2_1280.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----

"Minki, don't move..." Minhyun moaned into Ren's chest, wishing that the horridly bright morning sunlight would go away.

In reality, there wasn't much sunlight filtering through the heavy blinds and curtains of his and Ren's bedroom, but to a very nauseous and dizzy Minhyun, any light at all was too much.

"Maybe you should go to the doctor, sweetheart," Ren said softly, rubbing Minhyun's back and keeping absolutely still so that Minhyun wouldn't feel even sicker. "You've been feeling sick for the whole week."

Minhyun couldn't answer his boyfriend, however; he felt too sick.

Ren held his lover, combing his fingers through Minhyun's silk hair. Although he hadn't mentioned anything to Minhyun, he was starting to suspect that his boyfriend might be pregnant, again. In the eleven years that they had been together, Minhyun had had two of Ren's children, two boys who were four and three years old, and ever-attentive Ren wasn't one to miss Minhyun's symptoms.

With their first child, Minhyun had been so nauseous that he threw up four times a day and couldn't do anything but lie in bed, until his doctor had given him some medication for his nausea. With their second child, Minhyun had been a little better, but was still nauseous, much like he was now.

"Minnie baby?" Ren tried when, after a while, Minhyun didn't seem quite as ill.

"...Mmh?"

"Do you think you might be...well, do you think you might be pregnant?"

Minhyun looked up, his pretty eyes fixed on Ren.

"...Do you think so?" He asked, hesitantly.

Even though there had been several incidents over the past couple of months in which they certainly could have had another child, neither he nor Ren had ever really thought to have a third child.

"Yeah..." Ren smiled and rubbed Minhyun's delicate cheek bone.

Minhyun blushed and looked thoughtful for a moment.

"If I am...is it okay?" he looked back at Ren after a moment.

"Of course!" Ren said, looking shocked. "Why wouldn't it be?"

"W-We didn't plan this..." Minhyun said quietly.

Ren smiled and hugged his possibly pregnant boyfriend.

"It's okay, Minhyun..." he soothed, kissing his lover. "I'd love to have another child with you."

Minhyun smiled and snuggled closer to his boyfriend.

"I'll go to the doctor later, when I feel better," Minhyun promised, for he usually began feeling a little better once the day wore on.

"Do you want me to take you there?" Ren asked, tenderly massaging Minhyun's thighs and back.

Minhyun shook his head and smiled, as he closed his eyes again and snuggled closer to Ren.

"It's okay. Besides, it'd probably be easier to leave Aron and Jonghyun at home and someone has to look after them..."

Ren smiled at Minhyun's constant planning. He was thrilled that Minhyun was the mother of his children; he'd have no one else. There remained a slight issue, however- what they were going to tell their two boys. Things had been a little different when Jonghyun was born- Aron had been begging his parents for a sibling, as though a younger brother or sister was something that could be bought from a store, and Ren and Minhyun, after stealing away for a romantic vacation for two, were happy to comply.

But after Minhyun had Jonghyun, Aron seemed content with his new brother and play mate and neither he nor Aron seemed to want a sibling. A third child was really just as much of a surprise to Minhyun and Ren as it would undoubtedly be to their two sons. But while Minhyun and Ren would be very happy to have another baby, they weren't quite sure that they could say the same thing about their boys. It was no secret to either of them that Aron and Jonghyun, who had yet to start school and stayed home all day with Minhyun while Ren went to work, were particularly attached to their mother. Mommy had to tuck them in every night, Mommy made them breakfast, lunch and snacks and they loved helping him make dinner. There was no doubt in Ren and Minhyun's minds that, when Minhyun had to pay extra attention to a new baby, Aron and Jonghyun would be vying for his time...

They loved their Daddy, too...but Mommy was Mommy and there was no one like him...

Ren kissed Minhyun's forehead as Minhyun started to doze off again and when Minhyun fell asleep, he carefully slipped his hands up his boyfriend's shirt and felt the soft, toned flesh for any sign of a baby. Nothing yet, but if his and Minhyun's gut feelings were correct, then in a few months...

Ren smiled and kissed Minhyun again.

-----

"Daddy, why did Mommy have to go to the doctor?" Jonghyun asked, for what seemed to be the hundreth time in less than a half an hour.

"You'll find out when Mommy gets back," Ren answered patiently, unable to help himself from chuckling at his little boy's slight "separation anxiety".

If things went according to plan, then Minhyun would be able to privately tell Ren of the outcome of his visit to the doctor and depending on his results, they'd figure out what to tell their children.

"Daddy, when is Mommy going to come home...?" Aron inquired, looking up from the board game that he, his father and his brother were playing.

"He'll be back soon, honey," Ren reassured.

If Minhyun really was going to have another baby soon, then it seemed that they were in for a challenge when it came to explaining to their boys...

Just as Ren had predicted, Minhyun was home in another five minutes and, from the slightly shocked but glowing expression on his face, Ren didn't really have to ask what his results were...

"Well?" Ren asked excitedly anyways, wanting to hear Minhyun confirm what he was already sure of.

Minhyun looked at Ren, nodded and smiled happily.

Ren grinned, rushing to his lover, as his children hurried over as well. Not caring for their usual reserve when it came to public displays of affection in front of their children, Ren wrapped his arms around Minhyun's waist and kissed him, soundly.

"Boys? Mommy and I have some news for you..."

-----

"Mommy...? Are you still going to have time to play with us...?" Aron pouted slightly, as his mother and father explained about a new baby.

"Of course I will!" Minhyun smiled, hugging his two sons. "I'm going to have to rest a little more now, and when your little brother or sister gets here, then they're going to need me a lot, too... but they'll also need their big brothers, hm?"

Aron and Jonghyun looked at each other for a moment, then back at their parents and nodded their approval.

The idea of having to share Mommy wasn't something that they took to particularly kindly but for Mommy's sake, they'd give it a try... 

-----

Even though it was nearly one o'clock in the morning, Minhyun was on his feet, pacing across his and Ren's bedroom as quietly as he could. It was Friday night; Ren would be home with him all weekend and he really ought to have been asleep and if not, looking forward to a weekend of sleeping in with his boyfriend and their kids, but all he could think about was...

Carrot cake.

Fresh, warm carrot cake with spices and just a little of soft, squishy raisins, a perfect blend of spices and cream cheese frosting...

Minhyun paused, swearing mentally. He'd only just started feeling better and already, he was dealing with an onslaught of intense cravings. He was no stranger to this- with Aron, he'd had urges to eat all kinds of foods that he normally didn't even like and things had really only gotten worse with Jonghyun.

Now, with his third child, it was as though food was the only thing he could think about.

"You just won't let Mommy sleep, will you?" Minhyun sighed softly, but smiled and rubbed his stomach, affectionately.

"...Minhyun? Are you okay?"  Ren asked, sleepily, having woken up to find his lover out of bed and absently pacing the bedroom.

"What's the matter, sweetheart?" Ren got out of bed and wrapped an arm around Minhyun's shoulders, leading him back to sit down on their bed so that he would be more comfortable.

Minhyun closed his eyes and leaned against Ren's shoulder, feeling a little more relaxed, but still with his mind focused on carrot cake.

"Sorry...did I wake you up, Minki?" Minhyun asked softly, rubbing Ren's bicep.

"It's okay, baby," Ren smiled, lifting Minhyun's hand and kissing his wrist. "But why were you up?"

He smiled however, as he recalled his past experiences caring for a pregnant Minhyun.

"What are you craving, sweetie?" He asked, hugging Minhyun tighter to his side and sliding a warm hand up Minhyun's shirt.

Minhyun had begun showing a little and both he and Ren were thrilled.

"Carrot cake," Minhyun said, relaxing a little more at the feeling of Ren's gentle hands rubbing his stomach.

"We have carrots in the fridge, right?" Ren asked, kissing Minhyun's pear and strawberry-scented hair.

Minhyun nodded, then, realizing Ren's discrete offer, he quickly looked up.

"Minki, it's two in the morning...! You don't have to make it for me..."

"I want to," Ren smiled. "If my babies want carrot cake, then they're going to get it."

Minhyun giggled and kissed Ren perhaps a little more deeply than he had intended, for when they broke the kiss, he was perched on Ren's lap.

"I love you," Minhyun smiled.

"I love you, too," Ren smiled back, pecking Minhyun's lips again. "Now, I have a carrot cake to make..."

-----

"Mommy? What are you and Daddy doing?"

Minhyun turned to the kitchen entrance in surprise, from where he sat comfortably on a bar stool at the kitchen island, watching Ren prepare a carrot cake. Ren had insisted on doing everything himself so that Minhyun could rest, regardless of Minhyun's protests that he was fully capable of helping him.

"Oh, sorry babies... Did we wake you up?" Ever the concerned mother, Minhyun got up and hurried to his sleepy-faced children's sides.

Aron and Jonghyun indeed seemed to be half asleep, both clutching their favorite stuffed animals and looking quite confused as to why their father was cooking in the middle of the night.

They seemed a little more alert however, as soon as they were given the information that their father was preparing a cake and their parents promised they could have a piece as soon as it was done, seeing as they had been rather rudely awakened in the middle of the night.

"Mommy? Why's your tummy blown up?" Perceptive Jonghyun inquired in slightly limited words, from where he sat on Minhyun's lap.

Usually, Mommy's tummy was so flat that he could lean back all the way. But not this time...

"That's your brother or sister," Minhyun explained with a smile, as he lifted up his shirt a little so his curious sons could see.

While Aron and Jonghyun scrutinized, poked and prodded at his stomach, Minhyun exchanged a little smile with Ren, who had just put the cake in the oven.

Waiting for the cake to bake lead to a rather concerned Aron and Jonghyun asking if they'd have to share their bedroom with their baby brother or sister. As far as they were concerned, there was really only enough room for them, their toys and Mommy and Daddy when it came time for a bed time story.

Minhyun bit back a laugh and reassured his sons that the baby would be sleeping in his and Ren's room for a good few months, then they might even get a new house with more space.

"But I like this house..." Now it was Jonghyun's turn to pout a little.

He'd spent all three years of his life in this house and he didn't want to move just because of a baby. 

"Aw, we'll see, okay?" Minhyun smiled, kissing his youngest son's forehead and cuddling him close.

"You and your brother will still be able to share a room if you want to, no matter where we live," Ren reassured, as he lifted Aron onto his lap and took a seat beside Minhyun.

 He and Minhyun could sympathize with their children's reluctancy towards change. Up until now, it had just been the two of them and their parents. Aron and Jonghyun had had plenty of time to get used to each other and were not much more than a year apart. Even though Ren and Minhyun couldn't wait to see their third child, this was a rather new experiene for Aron and Jonghyun, who weren't exactly happy that a new sibling might mean less time with Mommy and Daddy...

-----

"Sometimes Kibum's okay, but most of the time, he's really loud and gross," Jinki, who was one of Aron and Jonghyun's best friends, elaborated about his new baby brother.

"Yeah; last week, he cried so much that we couldn't sleep," Jinki's younger brother, who was also named Jonghyun, added.

Both boys were the same age as Aron and Jonghyun and their parents, Minho and Taemin, were friends with Ren and Minhyun.

Taemin had just had Kibum a few months ago and Jinki and Jonghyun weren't entirely pleased with their (often, they found, awfully annoying younger brother).

Aron and Jonghyun exchanged a grimace as they imagined being kept awake all night long by a screaming and drooling little brother (Minhyun and Ren had recently found out that they were having another boy).

"And yesterday," Jinki began, as though he was a great explorer telling his comrades of a dangerous, suspenseful voyage he had  just made. "Umma was supposed to make chicken and rice, but then he had to feed Kibum and Appa took over..."

Everyone gagged, for it was no secret to the four children that Minho's cooking wasn't worth a penny.

As it turned out, Minho had burned the chicken that Taemin had nearly cooked to perfection, overcooked the rice and accidentally smashed a somewhat oily plate, as well, in the thirty minutes that Taemin had been feeding Kibum. They wound up having sandwiches, which was a far cry from their mother's home cooking.

Aron and Jonghyun were glad that their father could cook, at least, but Mommy was still a better cook and if he had to feed their brother so frequently, then there wouldn't be much time for him to play with them, at all. And with their brother apparently coming in two months, Mommy had been feeling more tired than usual and had to sleep a lot. Daddy would play with them, then, but they were already starting to miss their mother and their brother hadn't even been born yet.

-----

"Feeling better?" Ren asked, as he gently, but firmly pressed his hands into Minhyun's slightly tense shoulders.

"...Mmmh," Minhyun smiled, dreamily, as he lost himself in his lover's massage.

He hadn't been feeling ill; just uncomfortable. His toes had been swelling up a little, his back was sore and at times, he just wanted to have his baby, once and for all. Maybe if this was his first pregnancy, swelling toes and an aching back would still be some sort of novelty and be better regarded in his excitement. But having experienced this twice already, Minhyun wasn't sure he could keep such a positive outlook.

His hand rested on his stomach and carressed his rather large bump as Ren continued with his massage. Aron and Jonghyun were keeping themselves occupied with their coloring books, crayons and markers at the dining room table and all was quite peaceful and silent until...

Minhyun gave a little gasp and jumped in surprise.

"Minnie? Are you okay? What's wrong?" Ren asked, all in one frantic breath, as he began to panic.

Was Minhyun in pain? Was there something wrong with him? Was he having the baby early? Was he-

Minhyun giggled a little at the absolutely stricken expression on Ren's face.

"Minki, it's okay," he smiled. "It's just..."

His mind a little dulled by panic, it never really occured to Ren why Minhyun was taking his hand and placing in on his swollen stomach, even though they'd been through this twice before, until he felt a short, but definite thump! smack in the middle of his hand and the young father realized that that was his baby.  

With sheer excitement on his face, he knelt down in front of Minhyun and felt his stomach as Minhyun watched his boyfriend in amusement.

"Boys, come over here," he called to his sons, who were looking a little confused at the sight of their father feeling their mother's stomach.

What could possibly be so great about that?

Obediently, they joined their parents, still not finding anything arresting about their yet to be born brother. Frankly, they were even a little depressed by the fact that Daddy was already riveted to their brother and he hadn't even been born yet. How much more of their parents' attention would the new baby take away once he was born?

Ren gently took his sons' hands and carefully placed them in just the right spots on Minhyun's stomach.

"What are we doing, Daddy?" Aron asked, speaking on behalf of his confused brother, as well.

"Just wait," Ren smiled.

The boys waited and waited...and waited for what was really only a few seconds, but it felt like several hours to Aron and Jonghyun, who were still a little wary about not having their parents' full attention and had absolutely no clue what they were waiting for.

Then, they felt something hit their hand and looked to their mother for an explanation.

"That's your little brother!" Minhyun giggled, hugging his two sons.

The experience was just as new for Aron as it was for Jonghyun, for Aron had been too young to really grasp the situation, when Minhyun was having Jonghyun.

"That's weird," Aron said after a while, making both of his parents laugh.

"Doesn't that hurt, Mommy?" Jonghyun asked, concerned for his beloved mother.

"No," Minhyun reassured. "It just tickles a little, that's all."

"Both of you did that, too, when you were still inside Mommy," Ren smiled.

"Really?"

Minhyun and Ren nodded.

Long after they'd tucked Aron and Jonghyun in for the night, Minhyun was still getting kicked and he and Ren wound up spending a good deal of the night feeling and listening, excitedly.

"It's Daddy," Ren smiled against Minhyun's stomach. "Can you tell...? Daddy and Mommy love you very much, and your brothers do, too, even if they might be a litte jealous of you..."

Minhyun giggled at Ren's words and the slight tickle of having him talk against his stomach.

Ren kissed his lover's stomach and received a slight kick in the face in response, making him and Minhyun laugh.

"He loves you, already," Minhyun smiled, leaning against Ren's chest, as they finally settled down for the night.

-----

"He's beautiful," Ren smiled softly, as he sat at Minhyun's bedside and looked at their newborn son, who lay in Minhyun's arms.

"Yeah..." Minhyun agreed, tiredly but happily.

It didn't matter that they had already had two children together, both he and Ren were ecstatic at the arrival of their third child.

They had decided to name their new son Baekho and couldn't wait for Aron and Jonghyun, who were supposed to come by for a visit with Minhyun's parents, to meet their new brother.

When Aron and Jonghyun arrrived with their grandparents, Ren took one of their hands into each of his and brought them over to Minhyun's bedside so that they could meet Baekho.

"This is your new brother," Minhyun smiled, shifting a little so that Aron and Jonghyun could see.

"He's ugly," the two boys declared, having appraised their brother.

Minhyun and Ren could barely stop themselves from laughing and startling Baekho.

But neither Aron nor Jonghyun could see what was so funny. With his red, wrinkled skin and curled extremities, Baekho was truly the most unsightly living being that either of them had ever seen. They'd often heard adults gush about how "cute" a baby was and especially as they now saw a baby in front of them, the two boys were baffled as to why.  

Puppies and kittens were cute. Babies, the boys agreed, were not, at all and their little brother, quite frankly, was an eyesore.

-----

"I still think Baekho is ugly."

"Me too."

It was nine o'clock at night and Aron and Jonghyun's grandparents had just tucked them in for the night. Mommy had to stay at the hospital for a few days to rest and with Daddy staying too, the boys missed their parents, dearly. They knew that Mommy needed to rest in a quiet environment, that Baekho probably needed Mommy more than they did at the moment and that Daddy was staying to keep him company, but they couldn't help but to feel slightly abandoned by their parents. Of course, they loved their grandparents too, but when Grandpa had checked for any monsters under their bed and in their closet, Aron and Jonghyun couldn't help but to feel afraid that the monsters would attack Grandpa because, bluntly put, Grandpa was an old man. He wasn't as strong as Daddy, and seemed to lack some of the authority with which Daddy would tell the monsters to go away. And even though Grandma had given them some warm milk before bed, she made it a little differently than Mommy did and it wasn't quite the same. It felt, to the two boys, a little as though their parents had chosen Baekho over them, even though the brothers were willing to admit (amongst themselves) that they were being a little picky.

They'd also come to the mutual conclusion that, while they had each other, Baekho didn't have any younger siblings on whom to pick on when he got older. It would get a little lonely, the two boys figured, and however reluctantly, they decided that it would be okay if Mommy played with Baekho a little more often than he did with them. After all, they had each other.

But, as they insisted, Baekho was still ugly, regardless of Mommy and Daddy's reassurance that he would look a little better in the next few weeks.

-----

"Make sure your eyes are closed," Minhyun smiled, leading his boys to the living room, where Ren was waiting for them.

"What's the surprise, Mommy?" Jonghyun asked, eagerly.

"You'll see!" Minhyun laughed.

"You can open your eyes now..."

Aron and Jonghyun immediately opened their eyes, to see their father standing in front of them, with two puffy Pomeranian dogs in his arms.

"Puppies!!" Aron and Jonghyun exclaimed, thrilled to see the animals excitedly squirming and wriggling in Ren's arms, in their haste to meet their new young masters.

Minhyun smiled as he took a happily gurgling Baekho out from his crib and Ren wrapped an arm around his slender waist. Having two dogs certainly would mean more work for them, but Ren had managed to take a few months of paid leave from work, so that he could stay home and take care of Minhyun and their three kids. Besides, Aron and Jonghyun had proven to be excellent big brothers (albeit, Baekho had become significantly more visually appealing) and the two parents wanted to reward their eldest children for their efforts. After all, learning to share Mommy and Daddy wasn't an easy thing for a three and four year old.

"We might have to start looking for a bigger place," Ren said, as he and Minhyun cuddled Baekho and watched Aron and Jonghyun play with their new pets.

There; problem solved! ^^

Hope you liked it, Arisa! <3

x Angela