Chapter 6

The Temptation of A Teenager

Jaejoong stood up next on his queen sized bed after a quite hot fight with his hyung. he told Heechul what had Yunho done and he yelled to Heechul a lot. He made Heechul cried and nearly woke their mom.

Jaejoong stared at the ceiling as he remembered his hyung’s said. That Jung will be his brother in law. That Jung is his hyung’s love of his life and his hyung is happy to be with that man. And he got to accept it. .

Jaejoong once sighed. He couldn’t not care about his hyung. But he couldn’t accept that either. Frustratingly, he sat on his bed. His thought was blurred by something hard in his pocket. It poked his hardly and it hurt as well. It was a small velvet box. The gift that Siwon gave a couple hour ago. Jaejoong opened it. And he smiled widely. He touched it, a beautiful platinum ring with a carving ‘Wonnie’s ‘ inside it. It fit him perfectly, he lied on his bed and texted Siwon that he like his gift. Just when the sent sign was shown, there was an incoming call from Siwon.

‘You like it Joongie?’said Siwon

“I love ittt!! I love the friendship ring! Thanks so much Wonnie..”

‘I’m glad you like it.. I have that ring’s pair too.. Let’s wear it Joongie.’

“You have it too?? Great! Let’s wear it!”

‘Alright! Have you seen the carving in it?’

“Uhum!I read  ‘Wonnie’s’ carving in it”

‘It means you are mine.. And my ring there’s a carving too’

“Let me guess! Let me guess! ‘Joongie’s’???”

‘Smartass!’

“It means you are mine Choi!!”

‘I’m forever yours, Kim’

“Oh Wonnie… you gave me the best Christmas ever! Well… at least after a shocking fact that I found right after you dropped me.”

‘Really? What is it about? Tell me’

“I will tell you but not now, Wonnie… I’m too sleepy and you have to rest!”

‘Okay okay, tomorrow. Let’s wear our ring, have a hot coffee together, have meals at the cafeteria, and I’ll pick you up. Okay?’

“You are the best, Wonnie! Okay, see you tomorrow!”

‘See you, Joongie’.

......................................................................................................................

It was a damn cold afternoon in the first day of the long winter break. A loud head banging laughter was boomed the whole room. A tall muscular boy rolled on the floor, laughing while a petite doll like younger boy sat with bended knee and sulking face. Until the laughing boy decided he should stop laughing.

“Haaaa… So the man was actually Chul hyung’s boyfriend?” Siwon asked while struggled to restrain his laugh. Jaejoong nodded.

“And hyung said they will marry. Oh I hate this fate!!!” Jaejoong buried his small face into his knee.

“Ah… maybe you should try to accept that, Joongie.” “Act like a grown up man… Trust your brother’s choice” said Siwon. He tapped Jaejoong head and touched the boy who he had been loved for years secretly.

“It’s kinda hard Wonnie… I don’t want hyung to marry that man. He deserves better.” Jaejoong stared at his best friend coffee like eyes. Siwon held Jaejoong chin, and looked back in intense love and charisma.

“Then try to believe their love.” Said Siwon. Jaejoong smile weakly, and pulled himself to Siwon’s board chest.

“Then I’ll try, Wonnie…”said Jaejoong while hugged Siwon tightly. Closed his eyes when the urge to sleep was suddenly grew stronger.

Siwon stared at Jaejoong lovingly. The boy was now sleeping peacefully on the larger boy’s firm chest. Siwon brushed the bangs from Jaejoong’s angelic face softly. He had been stared him for almost an hour. Touched him. Gave the sleeping boy some chaste kisses on the face. God knows how much Siwon loved Jaejoong. He loved Jaejoong since years ago. When they were kids? Or maybe toddlers? Or almost during lives? Siwon did not have enough courage to tell it though. He didn’t want to ruin their tight friendship just because a simple confession. Yet he did not sure Jaejoong loved him more than just a friend or brotherly love. Actually he had given some indirect confession to Jaejoong. Jaejoong just didn’t realize it. Once again it was not his fault, the boy was too innocent. Siwon stare at the ring on his finger. ‘A friendship ring’ that’s what Jaejoong said. Siwon inhaled a deep hurtful breath. Pulled Jaejoong closer to him, and took a smell to Jaejoong’s soft hair. Siwon loved everything in Jaejoong. Just being a one who could hold and embrace Jaejoong like this forever…. Is enough.

“Wonnie…..” Jaejoong spoke softly while tried to open his eyes. He rubbed his eyes gently.

“Hmmm?” Siwon answered with a hum, still holding Jaejoong tight.

“Why don’t you sleep? What time is it now?”

“I don’t feel like sleeping Joongie. And it’s almost dinner now.”

“Huuuuh…… I get to go home Wonnie. Mom and hyung are waiting me….”

“Why can’t you stay for dinner Joongie? It’s snowy outside”

“Yea… I love to, but mom wants me to have a dinner together…”

“Okay…. Go wash your face, I will walk you home”

“Hmmm… kay…”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Dinner at at Kim’s place was a dead silence. Heechul was still thinking that Jaejoong hated his lover. While Mrs. Song did not understand why her sons being this quiet. She was actually had something to say to her sons. And now she was getting nervous.

“Do you want some fruit and kool aid dears?” asked their mom to kill the silent.

“Mmm… I want to eat some kiwi mom,” said Jaejoong. Mrs. Song smiled, and headed to the kitchen.

“Hyung…. I’m sorry…” said Jaejoong softly to Heechul. Heechul face was undeniable sad.

“It’s okay Joongie…” said Heechul.

“It just… I hate that person...” added Jaejoong.

“I just want you to understand my choice…” said Heechul. “I really love him, you know”

“Yes hyung, I can see it though” said Jaejoong. Then there was a quite long pause. Jaejoong stared at his Hyung’s pretty face. Sadden was written all over his enchanting face.

“Please don’t make me choose between you two…” “you know I never can’t” said Heechul.

Jaejoong took a long silent breath “I won’t do that hyung,” Jaejoong smile sheepishly, “I can understand now, I hope you will be happier though,” “I’ve promised Wonnie and now you too,” “I’ll try to be good to him, okay?” said Jaejoong. Heechul glanced at his younger brother angelic orbs.

“Thanks Joongie, thanks so much.

They continue had some chats until Mrs. Song walked out from the kitchen with a tray full of fruit and some kinds of beverage. Surprised by how their sons were giggling and joking especially just few moments ago they were mute.

With Mrs. Song join her sons, they continue their family chats. Heechul made Jaejoong explain why the heck there was a ring on his finger, and he made fun of his brother by told him that it was engagement ring and Jaejoong should immediately married to Siwon. And they all laughed.

“Boys….Actually Mom have some places to go next two days.”said their mom.

“Why is so sudden??”Jaejoong asked. Heechul nodded.

“The hotel branch needed some audition for the cooking staffs there. And mom was one of the jury...” said Mrs. Song.

“How long it will take?” Heechul asked.

“Probably for two weeks in Busan dan Ulsan, and a week in Jeju,” Mrs. Song answered with guilt. Jaejoong pouted, almost cried.

“Nooooo!!!” Heechul said, a bit loudly. “I thought mom will away just for about couple days!”

“What’s wrong Chullie dear???” asked Mrs. Song

“I have a business trip to Switzerland for about a month!” “I get to fly there next week~~~” Heechul said in both panic and sulks. Jaejoong was really crying now.

“That’s to longggg!!!!” Jaejoong cried out. “I have to stay alone for almost a month????”

“Actually it juat about three weeks.” Heechul corrected.

“And what’s the different???” said Jaejoong. I don’t wanna home alone in my cold day offs!!

“Then you can ask Siwon to accompany you,” said Mrs. Song.

“Siwon is in his grandma’s house.”

“Then your other friends?”

“Who???”

“That Sungmin boy?”

“I barely know him!”

“Eunhyuk?”

“He moved to Gwangju a month ago”

“Sangchu?”

For Buddha sake! He’s died hyung!!!”

Silence.

“Then I’ll ask someone who can.”

“Who????”

“My boss”

‘Oh Crap’