My Weird Bestfriend

Which of the two?

Literally dragging you out from the cafeteria to the empty locker room, Chanyeol could feel the approaching chaos beneath his hand which is locked with yours. You half-heartedly follow him because of two usual reasons: one, once Chanyeol gripped onto yours, you can never loosen it because of his strength that makes you do nothing to make him stop which annoys you somehow and two, you want to punch him. You really want to punch his pseudo innocent-looking face, in doubt of your aim of only just wanting to touch it or expressing how cute a creature he is or simply wanting him to feel the consequence of him talking to Kai in a way like he is bargaining you as if you're a rush sale stock.

The two of you stop infront of a navy blue-colored bench in between two rows of dark green lockers positioned against the wall. Chanyeol releases you and faces you with a mixed expression of being scared and angry. Little did you know that that expression on his face makes you forget what he just did. But you wouldn't let him know that you do. Or atleast.

You unconciously rub your hand to soothe the lack of blood circulation due to his manly grip. Yes, sometimes he's like that.

"What are you doing? What did you do?" You try to sound as angry as you could, furrowing your eyebrows at him.

Just as what you expected, Chanyeol backs off a step away from you. You choke a laugh and try to be on the right attitude at that moment as possible.

"I was helping you! I really am!" Chanyeol reasons out, moving his hands here and there without him realizing that he looks more unbelievable with what he is doing. But that's not the case, because Chanyeol is unique and Chanyeol is Chanyeol. You can't tell whether he's lying or not. You can't figure out if he's happy or not. He's so unreadable, even though you knew him for 10 years now.

You rest your hands on both sides of your hip, raising your eyebrow while saying, "How was that called 'helping'? You just made it worse, Chan."

"You are the one who made it worse, silly. If you just let me speak alone then for sure he'll stop." He boasts, mimicking your acts as well as raising his eyebrow, "You knew how wise I am."

"Why is that? As far as I remembered, I never knew you are wise." You lie cooly, settling yourself down the bench and looking down the shiny tiled floor. Chanyeol sits next to you with bewildered eyes focused on your face.

"I've had a plan! But you ruined it." He adds matter-of-factly. You knew that when he says he got it, he surely got it. And it's the best you could ever take. Or partially.

Laaughing sarcastically, you reply, "A plan? You think that was a.. plan?"

Chanyeol sighs, lowering his head. There's a pinch of guilt in your gut seeing him offended. But being a long time friend of him, you knew that he'll  be alright after tickling him somewhere or doing your irresistable aegyo infront of him. However, you'll not going to do it until later or until you finally surrendered.

"Yes! That's a plan." He says softly, "You know, I just can't give you to someone else."

You feel your heart skips a beat upon hearing that. Butterflies crazily invade you stomach, making it flutter and churn silently. You remain silent though, because you don't know how to answer that or simply react on that. Those words make your throat dry that you can't seem to let out a single word from your mouth. You don't want to make anything about you and him to be awkward. All you want is for you and him to stay like this.

"You are like my underwear, you know." He seriously adds.

Underwear?!

"WHAT?!" You exclaim in disbelief. His first sentences are already enough, but this? You seem to be the one who is more offended now. "Underwear? How the hell did I b-"

"Can you just let me finish first?" He looks up, meeting your eyes with his soft and caring own. Those eyes never fail to make you fall harder for him. Those also are one of the reasons of your life being the worst in the entire world of friendship. You knew it's stupid to feel that way because once and for all, he have his own fantasy about love and he's your ing bestfriend. But you knew, as well, that it's not easy to make your emotions to stop. It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom.

"You are my personal belonging..." He continues. You remain looking down, yet whole-heartedly listening to his words. You knew how much a traitor your eyes are infront of him. "..just like my underwear. You know Kris? He sometimes wants to lend my underwears but I don't let him. It's mine. Get my point? I can't just give you to someone not deserving. You are my own, right?"

You shoud have laugh at his use of analogy, but you can't. He seems to serious.

Silence. Awkward silence.

You just got back to your senses when he reached and tapped your wrist.

You quickly look up and nod, obviously still a little drowned with in words. "Y-yeah."

Chanyeol shows you a small smile and slowly looks away. He sometimes acts this way and you never get the point of him acting strange. But nevertheless, you love being in this kind of situation. Feeling the comfortable awkwardness with him is just a very memorable thing as far as your friendship with each other is concerned.

Standing up, he takes your wrist and leads you out of the locker room. "We should go now, shouldn't we? I think another detention for us is another epic mess in the history of school, right?"

You let out a chuckle at this. You love feeling this. "Yeah, right. At least we're going to do it together." You agree, following him to the hallways as he gently drag you by your wrist. "Chan?"

"Yeah?" He manages to answer. The hallway isn't that crowded at all, but some are running and rushing theire ways to their designated rooms, which means you should as well rush your way to your class. Chanyeol seems to notice that too for he let his pace faster, making you do the same.

"What are we going to do with Kai?"  You ask. You accidentally bumps into someone but you apologized just enough. You being pulled by Chanyeol like a trolley bag isn' that nice but you find it challenging and sweet too. You love being pulled, only and especially  if it's Chanyeol. You feel safe even though you know you're not, completely.

Chanyeol faces you but doesn't stopped from moving. "Leave him to me." He smiles, "I'm not going to let him have you. He's not deserving. You don't deserve being with somene like him either."

"Because?" You add, wanting to hear more of his concerns. You love it when Chanyeol talks. His voice registers in your ears like music, replaying all over again everytime you think of him. But you know that that's stupid, too. So you better stop thinking about it in that way. Or somehow lessen it.

"Because he's a ert." He continues, making you laugh in agreement.. You somehow ignore your sudden feelings. "And because you are mine, right, best friend?"

If being a friend is always like this, then being bestfriends with Chanyeol is already enough instead of your stupid fantasy towards him. Learning to accept things that are already infront of you is better that hopelessly waiting for a thing you wished that you aren't sure if it'll come true.

You smile. A smile that explains your gratefulness and disappointment at the same time. You know how good Chanyeol is in reading you, which is a complete opposite of your skill towards him. You are very transparent when it comes to his sight. Luckily, he already faces back to his way and continued leading you to your next class. You have the same class as him every now and then. You're glad about that, so much.

"I agree with you about that then, Chan. Now let's move faster. Detentions aren't as good as you, I guess."

"Definitely." He laughs.