Chapter 1

A Short Journey

(Super Junior A Short Journey – please listen while reading)

This one shot is inspired by this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8Y05Hge3ZBU

(Heechul)

My heart that loved you, my eyes that looked at you, you were more than just a friend, you were a shoulder to cry on, someone to confide in. To say goodbye is heartbreaking. The dorm may be filled with ten other members, but I feel your absence. Everyone laughs and tries to get their mind off of all the sadness but as I sit in your room on your bed, I hug the pillow and slowly the tears start to come, no matter how hard I try I can’t stop crying…

Oh baby say goodbye, for a short while goodbye

(Leeteuk)

I am meant to be the leader, I am meant to be strong in front of everyone else as I sit in the kitchen of our dorm with Yesung, Eunhyuk, Donghae and Sungmin. We try to laugh and to joke, to think positive but we all know Kangin is gone, we all feel his absence. I keep thinking that when I open up the door and take one step the tip of my nose will feel his breath. I want to cry, I want to curl up in a ball, but I can’t I need to be strong for everyone…even if that means I deny what I feel.

The talk about goodbye, I’ll put it aside for a short while

(Donghae)

I exit the kitchen and walk to the balcony, in the cold wind the feeling of your warm hand stays for a while. I didn’t realize that I was crying till I felt my neck starting to get wet. I wiped my tears away quickly, I wanted to scream how unfair the military service is and I just wanted my friend and brother back. Goodbyes are sad I want to erase the word goodbye from my mind and yours.

After time passes by when I met you, I will tell you that I missed you

(Eunhyuk)

Nothing could be said, nothing could be done to fill the empty space where Kangin use to be. His normally messy room was bare; his cheerful voice didn’t ring through the dorm. 20 months without hearing him, speaking to him, laughing with him constantly. It should get easier, the emptiness will go away, the tears will slowly stop and soon Kangin will be back. I know  we can see him sometimes it’s not like he is locked away, but it still feels weird and lonely not being able to see him everyday. If only time didn’t feel like it dragged on.

Oh baby say goodbye, for a short while goodbye

(Ryeowook)

20 months sounds short, but when you send your friend and brother off it feels like eternity. He said it was just a short trip, he would be back before we knew it, he also added that it wasn’t like we wouldn’t be able to see him, he said it with a goofy smile on his face. I believed him at first, but now even my faith is starting to waver, I sit in my room listening to music, I haven’t cried yet, should I be worried? Why haven’t I cried yet? Everyone else has cried, still is crying yet I haven’t shed a single tear…maybe I’m afraid that if I start crying I won’t be able to stop.

When I open the door I will find you standing there

(Yesung)

I have tried everything to get saying goodbye to Kangin off my mind, it’s only for 20 months and time will fly by. Why can’t I believe that? I had been sitting in the kitchen but I needed to be alone so I left after Donghae, I was now listening to the radio in the lounge room and our hit song Sorry Sorry came on, I grabbed the radio and smashed it on the ground, I fell to my knees and started crying, I knew I went over the top but I couldn’t help it. I wanted Kangin back so that he could rip off my heart wrenching wound! In time our managers said we will get over it, that the sadness will go away that we will still be able to see him, but they don’t get it, they were never close to Kangin like we were, Super Junior is missing someone important, there is a gaping hole where Kangin should be and nothing will come close to filling it.

Tomorrow when I open my eyes you will be standing in front of me

(Sungmin)

I was sitting in the kitchen with Leeteuk and Eunhyuk. Donghae and Yesung were sitting with us but the left five minutes ago. I was sitting with people but I still felt lonely. Leeteuk was trying so hard to be everyone’s rock, to try and comfort them and make the smile, but I can see that he wants to cry too. I stare at my hands in my lap and feel one tear escape. Kangin and I weren’t as close as him and Heechul or anyone else, but we were gradually getting closer. I miss him; I miss his strange comments and laughter. I miss him being here period. I know it was his choice enlisting in the army but it doesn’t mean we have to like it, stupid law, stupid Korea, stupid stupid stupid!

As time goes by the pain will ease, we will see each other again  

(Kyuhyun)

So many tears too many tissues, I want to stop crying, I want my heart to stop aching. I want every reminder gone! How can a word as sad as goodbye start with the word good? I am in the bathroom, looking in the mirror at my reflection, all I see are sad red eyes and mouth that hasn’t smiled in a while. I move away from the mirror and sink to the floor with my back against the door. I want to be alone; I want to wallow in misery for a little while longer. I ignore my manager telling me to come out, I ignore Eunhyuk and Leeteuk asking if I am okay, I ignore everything. I sit on the floor and cry; I don’t bother wiping my tears away.

Oh baby say goodbye, for a short while goodbye

(Kangin)

It’s not like I can’t or won’t be able to see my friends who have turned into brothers or my family, but still saying goodbye hurts. The sun is setting and all I can think of is today when the sun sets and the moon rises again It’s still be the same, you won’t forget. I want it to rain so that when I cry it will hide my running tears. I know that this is just a short goodbye, I will see my friends and family again soon, I will be back for my fans before they know it. If I am thinking positive then why won’t my tears stop? Why do they keep cascading down my face? Why do I feel lonely when I know there’s no need too?  20 months is a short time, for now I will think of it as A Short Journey!

Soon the sad goodbye will turn into a happy hello