Final

The Ugly Duckling's Revenge
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Putting on her best confident look, Jieun strutted down the hallways, her heels clicking with every step. She smirked in her mind every time someone would stop and stare. 
'Yeah that's right, I know. '

Her face lightened up when she saw two familiar figures, surrounded by girls. The group of girls turned around and smiled at her, "Jieun! " One of them jumped out of the group and hugged her tight, "You look great. " 
"Thanks Suzy-ah. It took me a while to decide if I was really going through with this. " She nervously rubbed the back of her neck.

"Well I'm glad you did. You look so hot. " A arm s around her waist, hugging her close. "Right Daeryong? " Soryong smirked at his older twin who just rolled his eyes. "You look amazing, Jieun. " Daeryong smiled at Jieun. 

"Get off her, you . " Another girl, Min shoved Soryong to the side. "You ready to face those boys? "

Nodding, Jieun does a little hwaiting to her new group of friends who helped her earlier this year. "Come, let's show them bastards. " Suzy, her closest friend locks arms with her and walks towards the classroom.

The moment they stepped in the classroom the class became quiet. The boys in the back looking at magazines full of girls stopped almost immediately and the girls gossiping loudly silenced. But most importantly a small group of extremely good looking people gaped at was in front of them.

"Yah, do we have a new student Suzy? "
"She's pretty hot. "
"Wait.. she looks like Jieun doesn't she?"
"What? No way man.. "

Ignoring them, Jieun walked straight to her desk with her head held high. Suzy took the seat in front of her and glared at the people staring, "What the hell you looking at!? These damn people are only out for looks I swear.. " She turns and smiles at Jieun, "Don't look now but your ex is looking at you. "
Jieun gulps, "Thanks for telling me.. now I'm all nervous Suji-ah. " She frowns and tucks a strand of hair behind her ear.

From the corner of her eye she glances at him. The most popular guy in school, known for his looks and grades. It doesn't help that he hangs out with gorgeous people like his own. Kim Myungsoo was his name. And among the people of that group is her childhood friends, more like ex-childhood friends. Lee Byunghun, considered the 2nd ranking after Myungsoo. The guy who used to cry over being in the same room with a spider is now known as the fighter of the group, getting into many fights and always winning. And next to him was Jung Soojung, also known as Krystal. Jieun didn't remember her being such a , until the start of high school when she left her for another group of girls which she soon left to be in Myungsoo's group. 

She quickly averted her eyes to Suzy when Myungsoo caught her gaze. "What do I do? He's looking at me, Suji. What do I do!? "

"Keep calm, just like how we practiced. He's the bastard along with those other es who hurt you remember? Just remember that whenever you look at them. Even that Byunghun kid. He's a coward. " She turns and directly glares at Byunghun who flinches, before turning his gaze somewhere else. 

Jieun nods and bites her lip.

-

This all started six months ago, Jieun and Byunghun walked the hallways talking to each other like always. Jieun wasn't wearing heels and didn't even have makeup on and wasn't the skinniest girl around. In other words, she wasn't attractive. 

They both entered the classroom and sat at their seats until a certain someone came up to her.

"Lee Jieun, can I talk to you for a while? " Her eyes widened at who was speaking to her, Kim Myungsoo. Without a second thought she left the classroom with him.

"Would you go out with me? "

The question hung in the air for a while, "Jieun? " Myungsoo waved his hand in front of her face, "Jieun? You there? "

Snapping out of it, Jieun nods. "Y-Yeh! What.. what was the question again.. ? "

Chuckling, Myungsoo takes her hand into his, "Would you be my girlfriend? "

She nodded, thrilled. But after the news spread through the school, Byunghun soon became distant, avoiding her in the hallways and ignoring her phone calls.

Nevertheless one month later Myungsoo and Jieun held hands, walking into school. She felt good about herself for once, having the envious stares at her. To be honest, she did have her doubts as to why he asked her out in the first place but pushed it away when Myungsoo slowly entered her heart.

"Where are we going Myung-ah? " Jieun frowned at the thought of missing class. "Somewhere. " She saw him smirk and without saying anything else they reach the theater.

Myungsoo pushed her into a seat and sat next to her, taking his hand and putting it over hers. "Jieun, we've been going out for a month now and we haven't done anything, we barely even hold hands. " Jieun nods slowly, "I'm sorry.. it's just that you're my first boyfriend.. and I don't know what to do.. " She looks down, a light shade of pink showing up on her cheeks.

"Really? " Myungsoo caresses her cheek and leans forward, "Then should I show you? " He closes his eyes and Jieun follows until she feels his lips on hers, his cold lips.

Suddenly the lights all came on and loud laughter and cheering was heard. Startled, Jieun pulls back and watches in horror as Myungsoo stands up and goes to join his friends. 

"Nice job Myungsoo! Right on the dot too, here's your fifty bucks you handsome bastard. " One of his friends, Woohyun hands him a wad of cash.

"W-What is this Myung-ah? " Jieun stands up slowly, looking around the room where almost half the school was, snickering and smirking. 

"Isn't it obvious? Myungsoo only went out with you for money. The deal was to get a kiss out of you by the end of the month. " Krystal steps beside Myungsoo putting her hand on his shoulder, "Did you really think he likes you?" 

Tears brimmed Jieun's eyes, "That can't be true! We, we spent so much time together.. you're in love with me right Myung-ah? Right!? You said it yesterday.. You love me right Myung-ah? " She looked up to Myungsoo's icy gaze and she felt her heart break into pieces just by looking at his face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter