Maybe Next Time

Maybe Next Time

 

Kris stumbles out of his bedroom approximately 30 minutes after the rest of the band. Bleary eyed and yawning, he pours himself a bowl of cereal. “Ugh, I’m so tired,” he whines before shoving a spoonful of cheerios in his mouth.
 

The only other people in the kitchen are Tao and Lay and the latter leaves before he can get wrangled into doing Kris’ leader duties for him. A foot slithers up Kris’ calf and and wedges between his thighs. Kris is almost immune to this and looks up at Tao plainly. “I can make you more tired,” Tao says, inching his foot closer and swallowing a loud gulp of milk.

“No thanks.” Kris swats Tao’s foot away and shovels another spoon of cereal in his mouth.

———


 

“Okay, 20 minute break,” the choreographer calls and Chen all but collapses onto Lay, who drags him to sit on the side of the practice room. Kris opts to sit in the corner and pathetically fan himself with his hand to cool down. Tao walks up to him and hands him a water bottle before sitting cross-legged next to him and taking a swig of his own bottle.

Kris peels his shirt away from his chest and flaps it against his skin so the sweat can dry and evaporate, hopefully. “I’m so hot,” he whines as he rolls up his pant legs to his knees.

“Shall I add bothered to that list?” Tao asks.

“What?”

Tao drags his blunt nails down the length of Kris’ arm and intertwines his fingers with his. “I mean, we have 20 minutes. We only need 10.”

Kris scrutinizes Tao’s face for a few seconds before shaking his head, “Please, at least 15 and maybe later.” He lets go of Tao’s hand to crawl over him and reach for a few of the choreographer’s papers and passes them to Tao. “Here. Fan me.”

———


 

“Who’s turn is it to make dinner again?” Kris asks once the band is squished in the elevator going up to their dorm.



“Yours,” answers Luhan.

“Oh.”

“Yeah. It’s okay. I’ll order pizza.”

“Awesome, I call dibs on the first shower,” Kris announces as they pile out of the elevator.



Tao catches up to Kris where he’s walking at the front and whispers, “Can I join you? I can rub your back and maybe something else.” His hand ghosts over Kris’ hip.

“Next time. I want all that hot water to myself.”

———

“Lay?” Kris calls out, drying his hair with a towel.

“Yeah?” Lay answers.

“Is my face cream on the shopping list?”

“No.”

“Can you add it? I only had enough for my forehead today.” 

He passes the sofa where Tao is waiting for one of the bathrooms to open up and is pulled down so he’s practically in Tao’s lap. “They say is really good for your skin. It’s rich in protein and vitamin E, you know…” Tao winks.

Kris blinks. “Maybe next time.”

———

“Pizza’s here!” Xiumin calls from the living room and everyone gravitates towards the table.

Kris walks out of his room patting his stomach. “Oh good. I was starving.” He says it at the same time that Tao comes out of the shower, shirtless with wet hair sticking to his forehead.

“You should have said so earlier,” Tao says simply, ruffling his own hair to dry it. “I would have let you eat me.”

“Right...”

———


 

“I rented Dear John a couple of days ago,” Luhan states as he slides the dvd into the player. “We should all watch it.”

“But it’s one of those sappy romance movies,” complains Chen.

“But there’s shirtless Channing Tatum.”

“So?”

“You’re not a gay man, you don’t understand.”

“Are there scenes?” Kris asks bluntly. Luhan nods. “Okay, count me in.” Tao, who was sitting the floor and leaning against Kris’ legs, perks his head up. Before Luhan can take the seat next to Kris, he sits there while making sure to put pressure on Kris’s thigh as situates himself. His hand trails up higher on Kris’ thigh.

“It’s one of those sappy and tame scenes,” he whispers in Kris’ ear, drawing circles in Kris’ thigh with his thumb.

Kris grimaces. “Aw, really?”

“Yeah.” Tao scoots closer to allow room for Luhan on the couch and in the process, drapes his legs over Kris’. “I have a nice camera,” he breathes into Kris’ ear. “We could film ourselves and it would be really hot, wouldn’t it? Hotter than the in this movie.”

“Well, yeah. Because this is hetero so…”

“Kris.”

“What?”

“I’m throwing myself at you.”

“Next time.”

———
 

After a box of Kleenex, thanks to Luhan, and three bags of popcorn, the boys decide to finally turn in.

Everyone is sleepy except Kris. He brushes his teeth and makes his way to Tao’s and Xiumin’s shared bedroom. “Xiumin get out,” he says simply.

Xiumin lowers the book in his hand and stares at him before saying, “What?”

“You can sleep in my room today. Don’t worry, Chen doesn’t snore.”

 ”But-“

“I’m the leader Xiumin.”

“I-“

“Xiumin…”

“Fine.” Kris waits for Xiumin to leave before making his way to Tao’s bed.

Tao is casually sitting with his head against the headboard. “Hey baby, did you miss me?” Kris asks as he wastes no time and straddles Tao’s waist.

“Sure,” Tao says, shrugging.

Kris is trying to tug off Tao’s shirt when he stops. “Wait, sure?”

“Eh.”

“Eh?”

“Yeah.”

“Wait, don’t you want to have ?” Tao smiles gently up at Kris and pushes him off.

“Maybe next time.”
 
 
a/n: idk what this was lol. thanks for reading!