Baking a cake for a certain Son Dongwoon

Baking a cake for a certain Son Dongwoon

A/N: Wrote this on the 6th of June and posted it up in LJ but I thought, "why not post it here too". It's just something random.


As soon at the sunlight managed to seep passed through the heavy curtains of a certain Lee Kikwang's room, he fluttered his eyes open and stared blankly at the white ceiling wall of his room. Thoughts of what he needed to do on a daily basis processed extremely slowly in his head. He turned his head to the left, sleepy eyes caught the calender he set on his bedside table and saw the huge, bright red circle on a certain date, June 6th. That was when he bolted up from bed realizing it was his Dongwoonie's birthday and remembered what he desperately needs to do today.



After the haste washed up, Kikwang headed to the kitchen with determined eyes and ipad in his hand. He will bake a birthday cake for his Dongwoonie no matter what it takes! It's going to look pretty, with all the colourful icing decorations, will taste delicious and will definitely be special because he baked it himself. Dongwoon was sure going to love it and not to mention, love him even more. He will add a little Kiwoon y time if Dongwoon wasn't too tired from work to end the special day. That would be like a cherry on top of an ice cream. Kikwang giggled at the thought. Upon reaching the kitchen however, the fire of determination in his eyes extinguish and he gulps. Hard.



You see, no matter how easy it was baking a simple cake or simply boiling an egg, Lee Kikwang cannot do it. Period. Anything that has got to do with 'making it in the kitchen' Kikwang has got the tendency to make a whole lot of a mess and none of what he planned to do done. It was a miracle that his kitchen didn't explode. Looking at the clock that read 10 o'clock in the morning, Kikwang counted the hours he had to complete the cake before his Dongwoonie gets back from work and heads to his place. He remembered telling his Dongwoonie the night before to head straight to his place so they could celebrate his boyfriend's special day. So Kikwang has exactly 7 hours to complete the cake, an hour of calling delivery and getting ready before Dongwoon reached his place. With that thought in his head, Kikwang smiles a little. He has ample time to bake a cake, so there’s no worry! It's going to be easy. He unlocked his ipad and went to google the recipe to make the perfect birthday cake.



Things didn't really go up to plan. He didn't have most of the things he needed to bake a cake, so an hour and the half flew by just like that with Kikwang grabbing the essential items like his wallet and cellphone and ran out of the apartment to the nearest supermarket. 5 and the half hours left to bake a cake. Kikwang clenched his fist and a cheer of, "I can do this!" filled the kitchen.



Wait, no. He can't do this. What was he thinking when he came out with the thought of baking a cake? Was he drunk? What the hell was in the can of coke he drank the night he got the idea? Whisky? Vodka? This was one of the hardest things he tried to make in the kitchen next to frying an egg. Flour was everywhere besides in the big bowl Kikwang placed on the kitchen counter. He manage to slipped four eggs on the floor, spilled milk as he tried to measure it in the measuring cup. Looking up at the clock he realized he spent the last two hours just trying to incorporate all the ingredients together in a bowl. This is surely not going up to plan at all. And he didn't even have time to eat any breakfast and lunch.



3 and the half more hours left.



"Oh no!" Kikwang screamed as he sees smoke coming out of the oven with his cake in it. Yes, after another hour, Kikwang finally managed to mix everything in the big bowl and transfer it to the baking pan. He even managed cleaning up the horrible mess only he could make and calling delivery. That's another hour and the half gone. Now his cake is burning in the oven. "What else could go wrong on this special day?" Kikwang bitterly thought. He took out the burnt cake and placed it on the counter top and opened the windows to rid of the lingering smoke. He defeatedly stared at his burnt cake. Tears stared to make everything around him blurry. "No, do not cry Kikwang. Do not!" he mentally scolded himself but the tears came gushing out when he thought of how much of a failure he was. Now, there's no stopping his full fledge crying.



"Kikwangie? Why are you crying?" a soft voice was heard behind him. Kikwang gasp. He didn't hear anyone entering his apartment. Looking at the clock again, it states 5.30 in the evening. Dongwoon was half an hour early. Things really didn't go as what Kikwang planned. He wiped his tears and turned to look at Dongwoon. There was no point wiping his tears actually as more tears slid down his cheeks when he made eye contact with his boyfriend.



"Dongwoonie~" he whined and clung himself onto the said man. His tears created stains on Dongwoon's shirt. Confused, Dongwoon just held the crying man. Eyes darting the kitchen to see the source that made his sweet Kikwangie cry as bad as this. The last time Kikwang cried like this was when his pet goldfish died. Alas, he found the source to Kikwang's tears. He wanted to brust out laughing when he saw the brunt cake on the counter top.



"Don't cry my Kikwangie," Dongwoon tried to calm the man down.



"B-but it's all ruin!" Kikwang screamed was muffled since he was busy crying and snuggling his face on Dongwoon's chest.



"We can go buy a cake," Dongwoon tried again.



"No! It was supposed to be special!" Kikwang whine stubbornly.



"Buying a cake and eating it with you is special. I don't need anything else really. Just having you by my side can even make watching tv special," Well, that did it. Kikwang managed to stop crying has he lifted his head off Dongwoon's chest. A pout decorated his lips.



"Really?"



"Of course love,"



And that was the day a certain Lee Kikwang tried baking a cake for a certain Son Dongwoon. The day might not turn out as he planned and the cake he tried to bake might be ruin. But there was still the dinner Kikwang called for. He also managed to slip in a little Kiwoon y time as the closing highlight of June 6th.