Prologue [in a way]

Our Side of the Moon

The yelling had begun ten minutes after the band first arrived and it had happened everyday since then. The room next door had at least two people in it judging from the voices and while no one could really undestand what was being said too well, Taemin said that he could hear cursing if he listened close enough.

Sure, there was reason to be alarmed, everyone knew what spousal abuse was, but Jinki had been trying to give reason to thinking it was something else.

'Maybe he has bad hearing and he turns the tv up really loud?'

No one really believed it, not even the one who said it, but there was no room to intrude. The band was busy with interviews, concerts, and variety shows that all left them exhausted and with loaded schedules (even Jonghyun).

All the same, everyone had suprisingly been affected in their own way for having been exposed to this for such a short amount of time:

  • Jinki was being more carless and clumsy,
  • Jonghyun seemed aggitated,
  • Kibum was trying to be louder than normal and divert everyone's thoughts to himself or them,
  • Minho had been having more outbursts
  • Taemin had just been oddly quiet.

The only thing everyone shared was the fact that more often than not they found themselves looking at the wall, the only thing separating their imagination from the fact of what was happening right next to them.

They had an idea. They often had thoughts of what they could do to end it. They even found themselves on the internet seeing what actions could be taken or staring at their phone with '112' dialed in, but not called. Kibum was even teaching himself how to make a citzen's arrest.

Even with all of this, nothing ever happened.

All in all, there was a feeling of powerlessness in the hotel room.