The Remnants of the Spilled Coffee

Speak Through Colors (Suzy POV)

 

    "Omo! I'm going to miss you" My cousin said as she embraced me one more time.

    "Yah! Are you trying to kill me by your hug? You have already did that for 30 times ever since yesterday. You still haven't got enough?" I complained sweetly. I find it adorable whenever she would do things at me. Eunjung unnie and I are really close.

      "31 to be exact!" she answered as she hug me back again. She got humor also.

       "Eunjung-ah, that's enough. She has to go, you're acting as if Suzy's not gonna come back again. She's just in Busan. Not in New York." My mother interrupted. I know what she's up to. keke

       "Oma! You're too harsh to sacheon unnie. I know you're just jealous." I said as I kissed her cheeks again and again.

       "Aigoo, my darling. For real, you really have to go. They're announcing it." My mother replied. Oh, I really have to go. I don't want to leave now.

       "Right! Bye-bye Eunjung unnie, Oma, Imo. I'm gonna miss you all!" I said as I embrace them one by one. Wait, what's missing? Oh right! My brother.

        "And Oppa, aren't you going to give me a goodbye hug?" I said as I tried to throw my arms on him. Instead of giving me one, she pushed me to my cousin. For real oppa! You're annoying.

        "No thanks dongsaeng, you can hug Eunjung instead. Bye-bye!" He said.

         "You're too harsh Oppa!" Jungie and I both said in unison. I find it funny because that always happen every time. Sometimes we ask the same question in the same phrase and in the same intonation. I don't know why but we already have a connection. 

          I took my bag and walked straight to the departure area. Now this is goodbye.

          "Bye-bye everybody, bye-bye Seoul." I exclaimed for the last time.

          I waited for 15 minutes before we actually board in the plane. I looked for my seat and to my surprise, I will be sitting beside the window. Kyaaa.... Oh I love this. I took a picture of myself before the plane starts to take off. I'm so good looking keke. After being immersed on the view at the window, I realized that I was beside a CUTE, HANDSOME, ADORABLE GUY. Omo! This is oh so good. He's nearly asleep so I don't have the chance to approach him or at least offer him a gum. I just sat straight and glance at him every now and then. I didn't realize that I actually fell asleep in his SHOULDERS!!! Kyaaa.....

           I woke up when I heard the stewardess announcing that we will be landing any minute now. I looked at the guy, who was pouting (Gosh his lips are so cute when he pouts).

            "Mianhe...I fell asleep" I apologized, embarrassed. (Puppy eyes huhu)

           He cleared his throat and smiled at me.

            "Kwenchannika...I fell asleep too. I don't know" He said with a wide grin.

          OMG! He's adorable. Unfortunately, we haven't continued the conversation because they are announcing that we already landed and about to leave. I lost my sight on him when we are on the arrival area. I sent a message to my father and I hope he's picking me up soon. I didn't forget to message Eunjung unnie.

          Send to: Jungjungie♥

         Subject: Now at the airport!

         Message: Annyeong! Jungie unnie. Dad's gonna pick me up soon. I'll call you when I get home :)) 

         

         Sender: Jungjungie♥

         Subject: Take care ^_^

         Message: Call me soon Suzy! Lovelots mwaah!!!

         Awww. She really cares for me. At least she reply to my messages unlike my father, he haven't messaged me or called at least. I sat on the waiting area and just played games on my cell phone until it ran out of battery. When I lose the game, I looked at my watch and it says 3:30 pm. Woah. Does this means that I have been waiting for 2 hours already? Dammit.

        I'm getting bored so I went to the large window of the airport and as I was looking on the planes taking off, somebody bumped at me and I felt hot. What's that supposed to mean? Hot coffee was spilled on my dress!!! god damn life! I looked at the suspect and planned all the swearwords that I am going to say but hey.... It was the guy from before!!!!!!!. How could I ever get angry at someone this handsome? I just sat there looking at him while he was apologizing.

        "Chosomnida chongmal, I didn't mean to" He said while helping me stand.

        Hmm... If I let him go, I won't have the chance to see him again. I need to do something. Oh yes! Right! Bae Suzy in acting Take ONE!

       Scowling I said.

        "Yah! You (pointing to the guy) STAY WHERE YOU ARE OR ELSE YOU'RE GOING TO BE SCREWED UP. I'm going to change my clothes!!! JUST TRY RUNNING AWAY!" I exclaimed which made him jump from nervousness. I didn't realize that the people were actually looking at us when I screamed. I went to the bathroom hurriedly and got myself changed. Whew. He did showered me with his coffee. Bet there's no more left. I went outside hoping that he didn't ran away. To my surprise, he was standing there. Not moving an inch. Uhh!! Right! I actually said stay where you are or else. This is funny. I can't help but giggle while walking towards him. He looked at me with confusion and asked.

       "Why are you laughing?"

       "Why did you really stay where you are? Are you glued to the floor?" I said, actually laughing.

      "But you said---" I cut him out. "Right!, I know already so can you sit down here and let’s have a talk." I said tugging his wrist as we walk towards the bench.

        "Do you want coffee?" He asked. Of course not, you just spilled one on me. If you buy me one I'll spill it to you.

         "Of course!" I lied and I can't say no to him coz' he's so adorable.

         He bought two Starbucks coffee. One cappuccino and a caramel macchiato for me. Aww. He knows what girls like.

         He apologized to me again and again and I accept it so we just chatted there and when our conversation turned into our escorts...

         "Who are you waiting for?" I asked

         "My cousin, he's supposed to pick me up." He answered. "How about you?"

          "My dad, he's supposed to pick me up." I answered back. "You know what time it is? My phone just died."

         "It's almost 5:30" He replied.

         I yelped. "What? It's this late? Omo! I'm going home." I exclaimed jumping from my seat. He held my wrist. "What?"

         "Where do you live?" He asked.

        "Seo-gu." I replied.

        "I'm going to Dong-gu. I'll take you home." He said as he dragged me to the taxi station and hailed a cab. I don't know what to say.

         We are already inside the taxi when I shouted.

         "I can go home by myself. Sorry for troubling you."

         "No, I can't leave a young girl here. It’s going to get dark and its dangerous travelling alone." My heart fell already as he was saying that. I'm speechless. We didn't talk all the way to Seo-gu. We reached my house and he said that he'll pay for me. 

        "Do you want to go inside? Have some snacks?" I asked him. I'm really thankful.

       "No need, I have to go to Dong-gu as fast as possible. Take care." He said as he close the window. I remembered something. 

        "JAKKAMANYO!" I screamed making the driver turn his head towards me.

       "You like screaming don't you?" He laughed. "What is it?"

       "It’s just that haven't introduced each other yet, I'm Suzy. Bae-Su-Zy. Thanks for the ride!" I said.

       "Oh, after a day of meeting you we still don’t know each other!" He exclaimed chuckling. I'm Soohyun. Kim-Soo-Hyun. Nice meeting you Suzy-ssi!" He said as he held out his hand for a handshake. I gladly accepted it.

        The taxi went off and I went inside the house. Nobody was around. I charged my handphone only to see 5 calls from father. I called him back.

        "Apa, why didn't you pick me up?" I said sulking.

        "I sent Mon Guk ahjussi to pick you up. Did you find him? I sent you a message that I'm not going to make it since your Aunt Ah Mi is on labor. His water broke just this morning. You're going to have a new dongsaeng!" My father said happily. Which made me scowl.

        "Right." I said and turned off my cellphone.

        Life's like this. Sometimes unfair and sometimes fair. I never liked living with father since all this time he only cares about my stepmother. No, his mistress and his bunch of stupid kids. He cheated on mom and it's something I hated the most about him. When Oma went to abroad, he took the chance to get together with his mistress and now they have two kids already and he’ll be having another one. I just hope that it will still be a girl for I don't want my brother to share love to father and his new brother if ever. It's okay for me since I'm used to it and I like harassing those little kids. I'm glad I'm turning Senior now. I can finally get away in this hell after a year. I'm happy to be with Eunjung and Oppa again and I will not go back into this place again. Even though my oppa is always rude at me. He still cares for me. Although sometimes, I get jealous because he always excel in academics. He just been admitted to Seoul University with a full scholarship and I know it's something that I can never achieve even if I try my best. Even Eunjung unni feels the same. Our parents are too glad to Oppa's achievement that they are unconsciously pressuring us. I remembered when Eunjung unnie and me were on the rooftop at night crying our hearts out since our parents keeps on saying that we need to be admitted to this school or whatsoever. I never liked the  feeling of being compared. Oppa is already intelligent the day he was born. He takes Chemistry problems easily and with ease whereof I spend one hour solving a simple problem. I hate the way people make me now. I can't live with people ordering me. Once I set free from this life, I'm going to live the way I want to and not the way people want me to. I promise.

        I looked one last time to this lonely and empty house which warmth was gone a long time ago. The laughter that our family once shared still keeps ringing in my ears. I know it's just an illusion, for those days where never to come back again. I have to move on. I went to my bed, arranged my things and went to sleep.

        The next day, no one was still around. *Le Sigh. I know that he's in the other house. The one that father made for his mistress. He would always be there. I would just call him whenever Grandpa and Grandma pays a visit. I like being alone, the feeling of seclusion is what makes me happier whenever I’m in Busan. However, deep inside I need people who would take care of me and understand the things I am going to. Hopefully, I already found one of those people. It's Eunjung unni. I remembered that I was going to call her when I arrive yesterday but forgot about it. I decided to call her. She might be worrying now.

       *ring  *ring *thud 

      "Yoeboseyo?" She answered at last.

       "Sacheon Unnie! Bogoshipo" I said. I do miss her.

       "Yah! Bae Su-ji. Why didn't you call yesterday?!" She exclaimed. Wait, What! Bae SU-JI? Again! She's damn angry. Oh no!

        "Mianhe Unnie.. Something came up and please stop that Su-ji thing. I'm getting shivers." Right! I'm getting shivers. I don't like being called in my real name. I prefer Suzy. I feel like a hot chick in my name keke.

       "Could you explain to me why you didn't call last night?" Is she still angry?

       "Araseo~ Are you still angry?" I'm worried now!

        "Anio..." *le Sigh!

         I remembered Soohyun. Kyaaa. I'll narrate it to her yes!

        "Alright! I'm going to tell you something really romantic. Aish I'm so in love right now!!! Haha" I really am! 

        "What the hell is wrong with you?" She asked. Is there?

        "Nothing!" I said.

        "Tell me what happened" Owww. She sounds curious now. I knew it.

         "It's just that blahblahblah......................................." (A/N: Yah know it already keke) I said, almost out of breath.

         "Waah, is he for real? What a gentleman? I'm jealous! My girlfriend is in love with somebody else!" Ahuu.. I can't help but chuckle.  "Anyways, did you ask his name?" Uhuh! baby!

          "Uhuh! It was KIM-SOO-HYUN!" I said, giggling.

          "Hey, that's my favorite member of Girl's Generation!" Right! Now you're teasing me!

          "SOO hyun Unnie not  SEO hyun!" I said, a little bit irritated.

           "Alright! Alright, I'm glad you went home home safe. I have to go, I'm hanging up. Let's just chat later."  She ended. I'm going to be alone again. 

           "Bye!" Is all I can say. With a fake voice that sounds excited but deep down, I want to talk to her longer. I just slumped myself to bed before going down to eat. Mon Guk ajussi prepared the meal since dad's not gonna come home again. Well, all the time.

          After eating, I went outside and hailed a cab to take me to Daesin Park. The only place I love in Busan. I went to the playground and sat at the swing. Thinking of the happy days with Eunjung unnie and Soonkyu unnie and all our adventures in Seoul. I was immersed in thoughts when a voice took me back to reality.

        "Hey" The voice said.

        I looked at the direction of the voice and saw a familiar man sitting on the swing next to me.

         It was....

         .....Him.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

End of Chapter One

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kyaaa!!!!! Finished with Chapter one Yihee.... Thank You So Much to VividDreams for subscribing. Did you like the first chapter? Please comment and subscribe if you like. It is well appreaciated. I don't live in Korea so I have no idea what is happening in Busan so I just have maps as reference. This is just a fiction so don't take my sense of location seriously. Anyways, have a good day to everybody and I appreciate your criticism if ever(just don't be too harsh eh...). Lovelots! Readers.