o3.

Out of bounds.

chapter o3 ~

 

"Good morning sweetheart." sang my aunt's voice, as I walked down stairs to take breakfast.

"Hi." I said, my voice coming out as a whisper.

"You look tired. You didn't sleep well?" My uncle stated, lowering his newspaper to look at me, as if suspecting something.

"No, I had a sudden stomach ache these past days, and couldn't sleep properly." I lied, as I sat down infront of my aunt.

"Oh are you feeling okay now?" My aunt said, as she put a hand on mine, and it lightly.

"Yes, I'm fine." I faked a smile, and started to dig in.

"Are you ready for your first day at the university?" My uncle said, looking back at his paper.

"I guess.. I've never been in a normal school before, so I don't know how it's going to be." I said after swallowing the amount of food I was chewing.

"You'll do just fine, I know you will." Said my aunt, smiling at me.

I returned the gesture, and looked at my plate. Not having the appetite to eat anything this morning, I putted my fork next on the side, and wipped the corners of my mouth with a napkin, and stood up.

"Oh? you didn't finish your dish Eunrae-ah, are you sure you're okay?" my aunt stated, putting down her settings, and staring at me with a worried look.

"Yes, I'm good, I'm just not that hungry, and I'm going to be sort of late for school, so if you'll excuse me."

I turned away, and headed upstairs, opening the door to my room, then closing it, and marching towards my closet. I stood there, gazing at the mass of perfectly arranged clothes. After finding my way home that night, I didn't get any sleep since then.. My mind kept thinking about the beautiful -yet arrogant- creature that saved my life. I sure was grateful, god know where I'd have been if he didn't show up at that time, but his way of telling me to never come back there was partly blustering, and I sure didn't like that. But everytime my thoughts wander to Kris, a weird feeling form its way in my stomache. His perfect pallid milky skin, his gleaming sandy hair, and his agonizing dark brown eyes. These were the things filling my mind the previous nights, and this present morning as well. Kris and the other man that was about to "harm" me, -what was his name again? Jae?- seemed to know each other pretty much well, and as I deeply thought about it, my inadequate habit of being curious about everything took over me, and I decided to take the risk and get back to that alley tonight. Even 5 days after what happened, I still wanted to see Kris's face again, and why not, repay him for saving my life.

I snapped back to reality, and saw that I was standing like a goof infront of my closet for more than 3 minutes. I reached for a arcane pinky long sleeves top (x) and jean shorts (x). I putted them on my bed, and headed for a shower.

> Fast forward.

I finished drying my hair, and putted my dryer up on my on my dressing table. I was all dressed up, and ready to face an unknow world : University. Saying I wasn't nervous would be an understatement, I was horribly nervous. As thoughts filled my mind again, I stared at my reflection in the mirror. My slick long black hair loosened on my shoulders, and my eyes were a bit puffy due to  my lack of sleep last night. I let a long sigh slip my mouth, as I stood up, took my black bag, and stormed out of the room, downstairs.

"Taeho is waiting for you outside. Good luck." I turned around, and saw my uncle sitting in the living room, sipping his tea.

"Yeah, thanks." I said quite coldly, and held on the doorknob to put on my shoes (x), then went out.

As I closed the door behind me, I saw Taeho, the driver, waiting for me next to the black car. Taeho was 3 years older than me, he had brown hair, milky skin, and a geniune smile which, as surprising as this can be, brought shine to my day whenever he showed it. He was playing with his fingers when I came out, he lifted his head at he heard the door close, and flashed that brilliant smile to me, I returned the gesture and walked to him.

"Good morning Mrs.Jung!" He beamed, bowing a little.

"Will you stop calling me that? If feels old." I teased, smiling lightly.

"Sure M-I mean Eunrae. Let's get you to school, shall we?" He stated, opening the door for me.

As much as I hated this, I mumbled a "thank you" and hopped in the car, as he closed it after me, and got into the driver's seat.

> Fast forward.

By the time I looked out the window, we had arrived at Seoul International University, and honestly it looked enormous, almost terrifiying. 

"We're here mi-Eunrae." Taeho said, as he got out to open the door for me, but was pushed back by the door opening itself.

"No need to open it for me Taeho, I have hands." I said, awkwardly raising both of my hands infront of me.

"Sorry, protocole." He said, scratching the back of his neck.

"No need to apologize." I smiled.

"I will come pick you up by 4p.m, alright?" He stated.

"Uh.. I was hoping I could walk to home today, I want to discover the surroundings a bit, if you don't mind." I announced, looking at him with pleading eyes.

He sighed, let out a chuckle,  and looked at the ground, then at me.

"Alright, but if you get lost or change your mind, just call me on my personal number, that way we'll avoid problems." He said, and looked at the big entrance of the university.

"We'll do that. I'll see you home Taeho, thank you." I bowed, and walked passed him.

As I drew near the colossal entrance, I felt more nervous than before. I squeezed the straps of my bag like my life depends on it, and made it through the gate.

The yard was giant, filled with green grass and wooden benches everywhere. It was pretty quiet, few students were chit-chatting here and there, some talking about their summer, others about the new school year. They were gray pavements and paths which I guessed were leading to the university buildings. I made my way through the path, and stood up infront of the main glass door. I puched it open, and was surprised by the disappearing of the noiseless silence in the yard, replaced by the loud chattering, shoes clacking, and the booming laughs of the scholars. I grimaced at the noise, and squeezed my way through them, gaining a full view of the full hallway. I sighed, not being a big fan of crowded place, and started walking through the hallway. I was meant to go to the main office, to get my schedule, and the school map, since I was new. I kept on walking through the long corridor, gaining stares from the students passing by me. I looked away, frowning, then spotted a beige-like door, "MAIN OFFICE" planked hugely on it. I felt a feeling of relief wash over me, and elapsed through the crowd of students, to finally land infront of the door. I twisted the knob, and opened the door, peeking my head through. 

I almost fell face on the floor when someone pushed me from the back. I held on the wall with my left hand, and turned around, ready to glare at whoever did that. A boy was standing behind me, eyes wide, and looking extremely shocked. He had milky skin, light brown hair, and was kind of tall. 

"S-sorry! It wasn't me though!" He said, raising both of his hands as if caught by the cops.

"Then who did it?" I said, between gritted teeth.

He pointed through the crowd, and I regained my balance, walking passed him to see at who he was poiting. I looked up, and saw a tan skinned boy, leaning against the wall. He was extremely attractive, and was very well built. He had dark brown hair and was wearing a light blue sleeve, with dark pants. He looked at me, eyeing me from head to toe, I almost scoffed.

"Sorry, beautiful." He declared, then looked straight forward, seeming bored.

"Then watch where you're going next time." I stated, rather loudly, making sure he heard me.

"What?" He said, suddenly interested in what I said.

"Exactly. Now if you'll excuse me." I said turning away, and glancing at the light-haired boy, who was still wide-eyed.

"S-sorry about him, he's kind of arrogant." He said, sounding apologetic.

"Yeah, figured that out." I nodded at him, and walked through the office as the first bell rang.

I scanned the area, and saw a woman in her 20's, busy typing things on her keyboard. I walked to her, and cleared my throat, making her look up at me.

"Yes?" She said, smiling.

"I'm a new student, I was told to come here, to take my sched-"

"Yes! Jung Eunrae right? Mr.Jung's daughter?" She said, and stood up cheerfully.

"Uh, yeah." I said, looking at her oddly.

"Oh hello ! I'm Park Chaerin, the senior secretary, welcome to Seoul International University!" She beamed, and laid her hand for me to shake.

"Thanks, Mrs.Park." I said, shaking her hand lightly.

"Call me Chaerin like everyone does. We're very glad that you had decided to join us." She beamed.

"I'm glad.. too." I said, smiling slightly.

"Ok, I knew you were going to stop by before heading to class, and I prepared all of your papers." she handed me a paper with a spreadsheet. "Here's your schedule. You have classes from Monday to Thrusday, and Friday is mainly for school activities. Since you're majoring in Modern Arts, I guess you'll be very interested in that." She handed me another paper. "Here is the school map. Your classes are in building 1 and 3, building 2 and 4 are for Technological studies, and building 5 and 6 are for Medical ones. The back of the school is for middle school and highschool since most of the students graduated from Seoul International High." She smiled. "I hope you enjoy your stay in Seoul International University! Remember, if you ever want to know something, or anything, just come to my office, I'll be right here." She finished, poiting at her desk.

"Ok, thank you Chaerin." I bowed and smiled truly, before walking out of the office just as the second bell rang.

I hurried back through the hallways, -who were pratically empty by now- looking at the map, and concluded that I was already in the first building, and that my first class was History. I made a beeline to the stairs, and walked up. As I reached the first floor as the map indicated, there was signs showing "Rooms 100 - 200 " to the right and "Rooms 200 - 300" to the left. I looked back at my schedule and saw that my first class was in room 110. I walked to hallway on the right, admiring the colossal glass windows gaining a view on the yard. I kept my short journey through the hallway, as I reached room 108.

"108, 109, 110. Ok, it must be here." I mumbled to myself as I stood infront the door. I peeked a sight inside the room from the rectangular window, and was shocked to see everyone already seated and ready to take their books out of their bags. I cursed lightly under my breath, before knocking, pushing the door open, and stepping inside, all eyes on me.

"Yes?" A middle aged bald man said, as he saw me on the door.

"I'm a new student, J-"

"Jung Eunrae, yes sure ! I was told that you were joining us today, please come in." he said, assuring me to come into the classroom.

"Students, this is Jung Eunrae. She was homeschooled during her whole schooling period, and now she joined us after perfectly graduating high school." He said, putting a hand on my shoulder. 

"Hello, please take care of me." I said, and bowed lightly, then made my way to the back of the class.

Few students whispered a "welcome" to me as I passed by them, some of the guys winked at me, other girls glared at me for God knows why, but I made it safely to my seat, squared next to the window. I sat on the chair, and took a notebook and a pencil from my bag, ready to take notes.

> Forward.

As the bell rang signaling the end of the classes, and time to go home, I almost flew from my seat to the door. I wouldn't say my first day was horrible, but it was bizarre. That's what you get when you homeschool a girl from the age of 5 'till senior year. Most of the people were sort of nice to me, except for some cases, like the girl who pratically shoved me out of the way while glaring at me for no reason. But I was glad the day was over as I made my way out of the school gates. I felt a grumbling in my belly, and whined silently, regretting eating nothing neither for breakfast nor for lunch except an apple. I decided to go to the nearest cafe, and eat something before going home. I walked by the main street, and turned around the corner, spotting a cafe named "Pearl". I crossed the road and made my way to the cafe. I opened the door, and got it, a smell of hot bread and coffee filling my nostrils. I smiled, and sat at an empty table in the back. After a while, a lady came to me, holding a menu.

"Hello! Welcome to Pearl. Here's the menu of the day, I'll be right there." She smiled at me, and made her way next to the girl in the cashier. I took the menu and opened it, scanning the firm paper. I decided to take a hot chocolate and a chocolate crescent. I called the lady, and told her my order, she nodded and smiled at me, before leaving.

Minutes after, she came back with my order and I happilly took a sip of my hot chocolate, an overwhelming pleasure washing over me. As I was going to take a bit of my chocolate crescent, the cafe's door swung open, and I looked up only to meet the gaze of the tanned boy who pushed me back in the main office, classily entering the cafe and going to the cashier. The overwhelming pleasure suddenly died down. He turned around and our eyes met. His expression was blank, and his stare was intense, almost as intense as Kris's. He eyed me up and down again, chuckled, then turned around to the cashier and paid. He waited few seconds, then the girl gave him a coffee, and he headed to the door, only to stop and look at me, his lips and winking, then walking out of the coffee, non-chalantly. My mouth almost hung open at how bold he was -well I better not talk, it's not like I was an angel either-.

I stayed in the coffee long time, even after finishing my hot chocolate and my crescent, loving the cozy warm feeling the cafe offered. I looked up the sky, and noticed that the sun was suddenly setting down. I frowned and took my phone out from my bag. It was 6:30p.m, I got up from my seat, taking my bag in one hand, and my phone in the other. I walked to the cashier, took my wallet and paid the lady, thanking her, then getting out of the cafe.

I walked through the long alley leading to my house. I enjoyed the walk, the fres breeze brushing against my skin. I looked up at the dark sky, a slumbering moon halo-ed by a scattering of stars that twinkled like thousand diamonds, litting up the dark black velvet above me. As I kept on walking, I felt quite familiar with the area. I stopped, and tilted my head to the side, and recognized the alley I was in, few days ago. The alley where I first met the most confusing human being ever. I dragged my feet to the up of the alley and stood there. 

The pounding of my heart increased, as I took a look on the endless street, memories from that night returning to me. As I took the first step towards the passage, a voice stopped me in my tracks, making me widen my eyes in shock and fear.

"What did I say about coming back here?" A husky voice filled my ears and I turned around.

There he was. Tall, graceful, and radiant. He was wearing a long dark coat, black pants, and black shoes. I felt butterflies roam in my stomach at the sound of his voice, and goosebumps covering my whole body. Why do I feel like this? He's a stranger, why is he affecting me so much?

"H-hi." I said, quickly.

"You didn't answer my question." He said firmly.

"I j-just wanted to thank y-"

"No need, just don't come back here." He said, as he began to walk away.

"W-wait!" I cried.

"What again?" He groaned, and turned to look at me.

"H-how c-can I repay you?" I said, and looked at him.

"I don't need you to re-"

"I insist." I stated, almost as firmly as him.

He sighed, and looked away, then looked back at me.

"I said no need to. And if you insist, just do me a favor, and don't come back here anymore, that's how you will repay me, okay?" He added. "And I mean it.. Jung Eunrae."

And with that, he walked away, leaving me frozen in my spot like the last time.

 

-

I'm not satisfied with this chapter, like at all. It's 10p.m in here, and I have an exacerbated headache  ;_; . I will try -hopefully- to update tomorrow. 

Happy reading ~