B.B. King

Muses: A Prompt Collection

Disclaimer: Song titles listed below belong to the famed Blues artist, B.B. King

 


 

 

01 Why I Sing The Blues

 

02 Blues Before Sunrise

 

03 Tomorrow Night

 

04 Don't Answer The Door

 

05 Chains and Things

 

06 When Love Comes to Town

 

07 Monday Woman

 

08 Second-hand Woman

 

09 A Story Everyone Knows

 

010 Bad Case of Love

 

011 Good Man Gone Bad

 

012 Fool Me Once

 

013 Guess Who

 

014 Key to the Highway

 

015 Better Not Look Down

 

 


 

 

General suggestion: Use the title of the song as the title of your fanfic or use the lyrics of the song to inspire your songfic

 

Example 01 (Prompt Used: Bad Case of Love)

One story you can write using this prompt is a crime/detective one dealing with a crime of passion or a crime done out of love (or the excess of it). Your main character can take the role of detective, the criminal or the victim. If you pick the role of victim, you even have the option of choosing if the character survives or dies. If the character is dead at the start of the fic and is merely just a soul looking for justice, then you'll be able to add a supernatural element to the story.

 

Example 02 (Prompt used: Blues Before Sunrise)

With this prompt, you have the option of making the sunrise a focal point of the story. An example of a story that you can derive from the title is for some form of conflict or drama taking place before the sunrise. The conflict can be internal and/or external and the sunrise can have a meaning in terms of that conflict, such as a new beginning perhaps. Another example of a story you can do is about Character 1, who writes songs best before sunrise. The reason behind that is up to you.

 

Example 03 (Prompt used: Second-hand Woman)

The term 'second-hand' here can take on a variety of meanings. If you're up for a more mature kind of story, you can write about a character who works as a e or treated as a 'leftover' by a former flame. Another story idea is one about a woman who has been used before and is now facing the possibility of having a new, better life with a new and hopefully better relationship.