{ part one

Not a love song

Baekhyun frowned as he tore out the sheet of lyrics he was working on out of his notebook before crumpling it into a ball and throwing it into a random corner of his room. His room was now decorated with little balls of papers filled with pieces of song lyrics that he wasn’t satisfied with.  He was supposed to be writing a song for the showcase this weekend but he just couldn’t find inspiration.

He tried writing about his daily life, but his life was so boring these days that he was writing about how his food tasted like and what he does at school. Frustrated with himself, he threw his notebook across the room and flopped back onto his bed.

“Woah, that almost hit me in the face!”

Baekhyun sat up and turned to the voice before rolling his eyes, “What do you want Jieun.”

“What? Not happy to see me?” Jieun pouted as she crossed the room and took a seat next to the boy.

“No it’s not that, it’s just I’m a little anxious.” Baekhyun sighed before laying back down on the bed. Jieun shifted her position so that she was sitting facing Baekhyun.

“Still didn’t finish the song?”

“No, I don’t know why nothing is coming to me. I’ve been doing nothing but sitting here writing useless things that couldn’t even be put into a song.” The boy sighed as he reached down onto the floor next to the bed and picked up a crumpled piece of paper. He then handed it to Jieun who opened it up to read some of the lines.

“My coffee was bitter and dark? I felt the bitterness in my heart?” Jieun read and laughed, “Seriously? You couldn’t think of something better?”

“Hey it’s not my fault!” Baekhyun pouted as he snatched the paper and turned it back into a paper ball.

“Don’t you have a muse?”

“A what?”

Jieun rolled her eyes. Baekhyun was so clueless sometimes. “You know, the source of your inspiration?”

“If I had one, do you think I would be sitting here like this?!?!” He threw the paper ball in his hands at his friend.

“Well then, let’s go find your inspiration!!” Jieun smiled as she pulled Baekhyun off the bed and dragged him out.

Baekhyun stumbled along while trying to grab his phone and bag. “Wait! Where are we going!”

“Well, you’re not going to get inspiration by sitting here in bed being depressed!” The two friends set out on an adventure through Seoul in search of Baekhyun’s inspiration.

They were walking on the streets when Baekhyun noticed Jieun was distracted. She was biting her lips and playing with a strand of her hair which meant she had something on her mind. Plus, he had called her name about 3 times and she didn’t reply. He poked her shoulder to get her attention.

“Yo! Earth to Jieun!” Jieun snapped out of her thoughts and turned to look at him. “Huh, what?”

“Hey are you ok? You’re spacing out on me here.”

“Y-yeah I’m fine!” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. That was such a lie. They have been friends for a while now and he was proud to say that he could read her like an open book.  “I know you’re lying.”

Jieun pouted.  She knew that she couldn’t hide it from him and so she sighed before speaking, “Well you know my boyfriend Tao right?”

Baekhyun scoffed. How could he not know that play boy. He always wondered why Jieun was even dating a guy like him. “Yeah. What about him?”

Jieun kicked the pebble in front of her before speaking. “Well I feel like he isn’t interested in me anymore. I mean we rarely hang out lately. He always says he is busy.”

Jieun pouted and tried to hold back the tears as she thought about him. She liked him a lot and she missed him like crazy; so much that it hurt. Baekhyun let out a loud sigh before throwing an arm around the girl and pulling her close. “You do know he is a total jerk right? You deserve a lot better.”

“I know, but I can’t help it. He was my first love.”

The two walked in silence, Baekhyun kind of following Jieun since he had no idea where they were going. She finally stopped in front of a movie theater and smiled. Baekhyun tilted his head in confusion. A movie? How was this supposed to help?

“Before you question me. I was thinking that if you saw a movie you would be somewhat inspired to write a song! I know it’s simple but you know what they say, the best things in life are simple!”

“Uh I think the quote is the best things in life are free.”

“Whatever! Come on let’s go!” Jieun rolled her eyes before pulling Baekhyun over to buy the tickets. “I already bought mine so you can just go ahead and buy your own. We’re watching Batman!”

“Wait, why did you already buy a ticket? Did you already plan on dragging me here?”

“You know it baekki~” Baekhyun couldn’t help but gag at the lame nickname. He proceeded to buy his ticket and walked into the theater questioning why he agreed to this when he could be moping around at home.  Well at least he it was an action movie and he didn’t have to sit through a boring sappy romance story.

15 minutes later Jieun entered the dark cinema with a grumbling Baekhyun trailing along, holding the popcorn and the drink.

“Why did we have to size up everything, I mean we never even finish the whole thing!”

“Quit whining! We already ordered it now.”

“Hey you’re not the one carrying all it..”

Jieun picked a row that was almost near the back and walked to the middle of the aisle before plopping herself down onto one of the chairs. She grinned and patted the spot next to her. Baekhyun gave her an indignant look before bitterly taking the seat next to her.  Jieun kept pestering Baekhyun till the movie started rolling. He let out a big sigh of relief as she turned her attention to the movie. They were silent for the rest of the movie with the exception of a few side comments here and there. Every time there was an exciting scene or something she was anticipating, Jieun would clutch onto Baekhyun’s arm and start mumbling which amused him to no end.  They ended up finishing the popcorn due to absent minded eating.

“Wow that was an awesome movie!!” Jieun beamed as the lights in the theater and the audience started piling out. The two waited till the traffic was gone before exiting.

“So, I can go home now right?” Baekhyun asked warily as they stepped back into the sunlight of the day.

“What you don’t want to spend more time with me??” Just as she said that, Jieun’s phone started ringing indicating that she got a text.

‘It’s not that, I just can’t focus with that unfinished song sitting in my room. It’s haunting me.” Baekhyun whined as he watched her pull out her phone to read the text. He saw her face light up as she replied to the text.

“yeah yeah go finish your song, Tao just texted me. He wants to see me for something.”

Baekhyun scoffed at the mention of his name. “Why would you even want to go see that je-” He sighed. She was already walking away.

 


Yes I am cutting this up into two parts! I'm sorry if there is alot of grammar or punctuation errors in this, I was too lazy to check OTL. Well I hope it didn't too bad >~<.

Thanks for subscribing! *^*
I love you all!! ♡♡