Excerpt 1

Chaos on Untreia Bridge

 

 “Listen to me, you filthy . If you touch me one more time, I will break both your arms off and strangle you with them. Is that a simple enough explanation for you?”

 The female soldier recoiled briefly, and then laughed in my face loudly. “Give me a break, you little punk. You think you can just pass through here without any papers OR money and not get detained? What idiotic planet were you born on? Now, do as I say, and ing remove your items and clothing for processing!” She barked, jabbing her rifle’s barrel into my chest.

 Time slowed to a crawl, and then sped up again. A loud, bloodcurdling scream echoed across the bridge as the female officer collapsed, gagging, with her arms torn off completely and now wrapped around her neck. Her screams died rapidly as her face turned blue, her arms becoming rigid around her neck, draining the life from her as she collapsed in a pile of twisted flesh and fresh blood.

 I sat back, my restraints now gone.

 I sighed as the men pointed their rifles at me in fear, the scent of soiled pants and skin slick with sweat reaching my nostrils. I enjoyed their fear. It made me feel alive.

 I looked up at the soldiers. “Well, I warned her. You should really listen to what people say more often.”

 One man’s finger tensed, preparing to fire. A flash of light rapidly bloomed and the man screamed as he now found his heart in his hand, and the gun buried deep in his chest. His arm muscles tensed at the last second, and he crushed his own heart between his fingers. He gave a weak death rattle, and fell back dead on the road.

 I leaned forward. “Anyone else?”

 The men signed their death warrants then and there. Instantly, over 200 rifles, 10 tank barrels and 40 machine gun turrets were centred on me. I heard the guns load, and stood, my 10-foot tall slender form towering over the soldiers.

 “So I take it that’s your choice? Honestly, I expected less of you.”

 I raised a palm and death descended.

 Energy flew from all directions to my hand, gathering into a sphere, then blasting itself at the assembled soldiers, wiping them from the world. It was all over in less than a second.

 I shouldered my pack and my assortment of weapons, donning my coat and hat as black lightning blazed around my hands. Then, I turned to the immigrants behind me who cowered in fear.

 I raised my arms and spoke. “It’s free entry day in Untreia! Make sure to stay and enjoy the market and the scenic panorama at Feincaya Point! Have a nice day!”

 I turned and walked toward town, the cheers of the immigrants echoing behind me…

 Now, to find Exxod…