Crescent eyes.

The moon is our witness.

The room was dark and silent as the pale, thin curtains danced with the wind - the cold, cold wind of the night. Two shadows drawn under the moonlight stood unmoving - one being taller than the other. They breathed soundlessly, dark orbs locked with each other. The lightning flashed and faster than the sound of the thunder that came followed, deadly weapons were aimed. One wrong move, and they both knew that would be the end of it; the end of everything.

Raindrops came; making the little crickets crawl to a place they called shelter. Another lightning, another thunder roaring. Their breaths turning shallow, lips quivering, hearts shattering by the second. An attempt to scream the words 'I can't' lingered at the tip of their tongues, but even as a whisper, nothing was heard. Their chests heaved as it constricted in the dark, eyes b with unshed tears.

Aching; They were aching for each other's touch.

At the flash of another bolt, guns were dropped on the floor and arms limped on their sides. The elder looked away, while the other took in a sharp breath. In one swift movement, they were enveloped with the warmth they refused to live without. Feline eyes closed and limbs wrapped around another body as he took in that musky scent of his forbidden fruit.

"J-Jinki," was the younger's first attempt to reconciliation.

"I know, Kibum. I know," was the elder's only response.

It had been so goddamn long since the last time they heard their real names come out of their lover's lips. Onew, a name generated for the soft-hearted fighter of crime. And Key, a name created to conceal an assassin's blood-stained hand.

They couldn't - whether it was the want and need to be together, or the law pushing them to halt each other's breaths.

As the heavy downpour accompanied them, the yearning prevailed. Full lips brushed against bow-shaped ones, pressing harder until a soft muscle dared for entrance. Fingers born to kill tangled in between golden brown locks while he let the innocent hands of his prosecutor glide against his back. Sounds of lust and love echoed across the four walls of the dark room, faintly escaping through the window for the full moon to hear.

Hearts were beating erratically inside their chests, going faster and faster... and faster... until a tear slipped from the killer's eyes. A tear, two drops, going for another... until their lips parted and they were both a sobbing mess.

"J-Jinki," Kibum pleaded, beautiful cat-like eyes piercing through the justice-giver's soul.

"No. I-I can't," were the denying words that Jinki's cracked voice produced.

And Jinki brought his stubby hands to cup Kibum's face, leaning in and locking their lips once again (possibly for the last time). A perfect synchronization, a perfect fit - Jinki wanted to believe just that. Salt water rolled down their cheeks, but they refused to pull away for air. They were testing their lungs, testing how far their longing for each other could take them.

But the beat of Kibum's heart wavered - he was tired, drained. Cold palms gently pushed the other away, swollen eyes staring lovingly at the elder's (maybe for the very last time) before encircling Jinki with slender arms. Minutes were taken, just memorizing the warmth and love the other gave.

"Do i-it," Kibum's breath hit Jinki's neck together with hot tears sliding down the latter's collarbones.

"Kibum, I c-can't. I s-said I can't... I ing can't!"

The pale-skinned criminal calmly nodded against JInki's neck and tightened his embrace.

"I'm tired. I'm just s-so tired of everything. Onew...?"

Jinki's body tensed at the name used, his eyes closing to control himself from breaking down. He didn't answer, not a word was uttered. Onew, for tonight he would shamelessly deny that it was him being called.

A distance was created, their bodies suddenly wanting for the warmth again.

"Kill me, Onew,"

And more tears fell, streaming endlessly down his cheeks as his hand clutched around a knife and with it, he took the life of his beloved.

"I-I... love you, Lee Jinki."

"I love you, too, Kibum. Dammit! I ing love you, too!"

As Jinki stood there, carrying the cold, lifeless body of a wanted murderer, the night mourned with him and the rain, too. And the moon, the moon was their love's only witness.