Waxing moon

Waxing moon

 " The moon is rising soon,the moon is rising

Ready set, oh my - the sky is brightening "

EXO_K ft Key - Two Moons

 

 

Waxing Moon

 

 

I glared into his ebony eyes, "What did they find?", my tone conveyed all the disbelief to his statement.

I watched as Minho's eyes lost their normal seize, widening in what seemed total stupor which was suggesting that he didn't mean for those words to escape from his lips. I was studying carefully his features and my heart palpitated in fear.

'What did they find?', I attempted again, even though, I had the feeling that I will earn no response.

As to confirm my prediction,the second trying didn't gain anything  positive in return. Instead, what followed was receiving the opposite reaction. Minho's expression faltered, 'Forget it.'

'But, hyung!'

'I didn't say anything.'

I huffed. 'You did!'

'Not true.'

'You did, hyung. Don't lie!'

'Baekho.', it was the warning tone.

It didn't stop me. 'Minho hyung', I insisted, 'Did they really find it?'

He tsk-ed at me, 'Stop.'

'Hyung, really? Tell me, hyung! Hyung!'

'Baekho!', he growled and I was left startled. I should have not gone this far. I was aware that he was short-tempered,but unfortunately it was also true that curiousity and persistance were my best and worst qualities. The mask of serious eyes and lips mashed into a thin line,that he started to prefer to the whimsical smile that colored his face when we were young,came back on his face almost naturally, 'Nothing,okay?'

I remembered that the first time that I happened to watch that facade, I was completely lost. I used to believe that the only characteristic that Minho inherited from his father was the auburn color of his hair,but at that time, years ago, when he was cupping his bleeding elbow with his hand, I saw the flicker of determination and revenge that passed on his eyes before it died beyond the severe mask. Minho got up from the ground and without any second thoughts, his fist collided with the chubby kid's face that called him 'assassin'.

I recalled that I felt shivers down my spine. I tried to avoid him the day after the accident. I had to spent half of the sunlight in the woods. The next day, Minho was waiting already for me with a crooked smile and a waving hand and I couldn't refuse much for the reasons that the guilt was eating me alive---Minho was a friend.

It was awkward at first, the following days it was still, as everytime kids were around us,Minho would tense. He tried his best to control himself,but his violent side came out even with his biggest effort to kill it. Despite the fact that I was frightened because of many of the things that I'd heard about his family and that I was stubbornly wasn't believing to, were proving to be right, I fought with my fear to stick next to him---Minho was a friend and I was his friend. His only friend.

When Minho hit his sixteenth birthday,though, and other guys from our village started to pick on him more frequently, he decided not to stop the anger that boiled his blood. He was involved in fights and they often ended up with me bringing him home. I sometimes told him to just let them say whatever they want. He just scoffed. At the age of eighteen, much to the indignation of the adults, the new heir saw in him a resource for the village. Yunho made him one of the hunters and Minho often monitored the area around our village during the night too. Even with those two important occupations,though, nobody was proud to have him in the group. Many were rumbling about how rules should be changed. 

Yunho's words were clear. He said no and he obliged everyone not to mess with Minho. I didn't know why our heir was so kind with my friend; Minho didn't know either and he confessed that he didn't like Yunho. He kept saying that Yunho was doing it only for pity. And he didn't need it, he hated it.

I never thought, that pity was the reason. No matter what the majority said about him, I'd always thought that Yunho was wise and excellent in every decision that he made and every thing that he said. Minho told me that I had my eyes twinkling at Yunho. I remembered that when I explained it was because I admired Yunho very much, Minho frowned at me. Deep. His eyebrows were almost meeting.

'Baekho.', the train of memories vanished in an instant. Just now, Minho's eyebrows were doing the action mentioned before when I hummed,meaning that I was ready to listen to him. It's not that I hadn't expected him to say, 'Forget it,okay?', but as the fright was no longer halting me, I couldn't prevent a whine to leave my mouth.

He didn't utter a mere word to respond and he let himself fall on his back on the grass. Putting his hands behind his head, I watched as he ignored me and his eyes flew to look up. I passed five minutes to win his attention,but at the end, I opted to copy Minho,exasperated and tired of being purposely ignored.

It was then that I noticed that the sun was setting on the horizon. The clouds squeezed in orange and pink in harmony with the purplish mantle of the sky.

Minho sighed very audibly and there was no doubt that the same thought that popped in his mind at that view was the same as mine.

The sun setting meant for us and for the people living in the village that the time for our usual gathering at the front of the hut of our heir was coming. Once the dark enveloped every living and non-living thing, we needed to be there.

It's a rule.

Punishment for those who didn't follow the rules.

I gave a  stern look at Minho,but he didn't see it. In pure honesty, I needed to hear those words because I was craving for a confirmation that what I had heard was the truth. 

 

 

 



A / N Ren will appear on the second don't worry. This fic will be short. Five chapters,I guess. It was a simple oneshot at first. No more than a 4000k before,but then I thought... Uh,wait. Should I add this..? and this? what about this?.. and ta-daaaaaa. =____="

My bias is Baekho, but when you'll read the next chapt and the third, you'll probably think that it's Ren. Naaa, my bias is Baekho,but I have these tendecies of "praising" the other members, especially the maknae. 

Minho has a past// You don't say, mrslee19? LOL

Yunho is there because he's hot. //LOL, no kidding. He's there because I think that it suits him, you know, being the heir. 

Baekho is seventeen--almost eighteen in this fic. You'll find out on the next chapt.

So people, I gotta go. I have this Chanyeol/Kai that needed to be written or my friend will cut my hair.. my precious hair <33

BYE. 

Comments are loved. ;)