49 Hours

49 Hours



I woke up at midnight as usual. Went to the kitchen and drank plain water. It was raining earlier. Cold. I noticed my balcony door wasn't locked. Omo...am I this forgetful? Sighing, I went to the door and wanted to lock it. But something caught my eyes. From outside.


A teenager was walking around on the street, just a block from my place. He wandered alone at this hour. Him again? What is he doing outside? He might get sick! I opened the door and stepped outside. I saw him before. Somewhere. And yesterday too at around midnight like this. The rain did leave the night so cold. The cold breeze almost freeze my bare skin. I tried to take a closer look at the young boy.. Thinking that if I know him, I will call him and ask him to go home.


He was restless. He wore a hoodie. He pulled down the hoodie that covered his head and messed his hair. I was glued. Because after the rain earlier, the moon showed up and...seeing him under the moonlight...he looked ..kinda hot. Aishhhh.... Suddenly he looked up to me. I gasped. Omo... I bit my lips...as I saw him approaching to my direction. I wanted to run back inside but like I said earlier...I was glued. Froze at the balcony, I couldn't do anything beside just preparing to defend myself if anything ugly would happen. I was at the first floor of the ten-storeys-building. I was so nervous that I couldn't take my eyes off him...like our gazes locked to each other.


"Hi," he greeted me with a smile. "Hi," I replied doubtly. Now that he was near, looking up to me, I was mesmerized by his face. He is hot indeed! Hiding my giddiness, I asked him, "I saw you there since yesterday. What are you doing?" He smiled bitterly. "I'm waiting,"he answered. Yes..I can see he was waiting. He was restless. Walking back and forth at the same place since yesterday. But what is wiating for? Who is he waiting for?


"Miss, may I ask you something?" he asked, putting both hands into his pockets. He must be cold. I nodded. "Do you know EXO?" so he asked. Yeah, I know them but not too much! "A bit. Too young for me," I smiled. I am new to EXO. I just found out EXO fans were called as EXOTIC. But I do know their song, History and Mama. "Er..why did you ask that?" now I asked, curiousity was building up in me. "Do you watch news? Like two days ago or...yesterday? KPOP news...," he ignored me. Erm..I don't have internet connection at home and I didn't watch news even if it's KPOP cause I wasn't a TV person. "No. Sorry. But may I know...why are you asking me this?" my curiousity ate me...


"That's probably why you can see me...," he muttered under his breath. I was getting more curious. "Who or what are you waiting for?" eagerly I asked. Another question. He was silent. He smiled to me bitterly. "Nice meeting you..." "Autumn!" I said still in eager tone. "Nice meeting you, Autumn ssi. If I'm able to remember you later, I will find you," he said and pulled up his hoodie. He was about to walk away when I called to stop him. "Yaa... You're going home right? Don't wait. Just go home. It's dangerous!" I shouted. He nodded and bowed to me. Aishhh..this kid.


He went back to the street. He looked up to me again. "Gomawo Autumn ssi," he looked like he was whispering or air-mouthed the words...but I could clearly heard him. Freaking out I ran inside and hid behind the door. I could see him smiled. He was so cute and yet...so mysterious.


I was about to lock the door when I saw a big bike arrived and the rider climbes down from it. The rider took off his helmet.. He looked cool too. I saw the boy earlier bowed to him and he patted his shoulder. Now, who is this guy? Is he the one he was waiting for??? Moonlight was like listening to my curiousity. It shone to them. And I gasped at what I saw! He was T.O.P Big Bang!!!! And they were turning into white shadow when moonlight hit them!!! I almost screamed but quickly my self-reaction; closing my mouth with both palms stopped me from screaming. Whatda---? I was speechless!!!


T.O.P talked to him and suddenly he stared at my direction. At me! He smirked and with a blink they were gone!!!! And I was left by beating veins and cole sweats; freaked out for real!


Nine in the morning. I was at my table and was working in front of my computer. I heard the girls in my office were gossipping. Some were crying. What happened?.Suddenly it was blackout! But...my computer was still on! The screen I meant. I looked around. So dark! No one was around? Where is everyone? I wanted to stand up and do what I should do; find the light switch but I was glued to my chair! And the computer screen suddenly showed something..like typing letters one by one for me to read. Woah! Like in ghost stories! Impressed and freaked out, I embraced myself to be ready of anything. The letters appeared to be "WILL YOU COME SEE ME...HERE...NOW" I pushed the table to get up and I succeeded. Shocked but I kept reading what appeared there. A map. Who wanted me to come and see them to this place? It was nearby. So I left to go there.


A hospital. That was where I went. I saw there were a lot of people outside. I dashed in and looked around. Somehow, suddenly I noticed a tall guy leaning outside a room. He looked up and our eyes met. T.O.P!!! It is really him! I ran to him and he ignored me. He opened the door beside me and asked me to go in by his piercing eyes. So...I went in.


There was the boy...from last night, lying own the bed and he looked very ill. His head had bandages. I saw a couple. They must be his parents. They sobbed at his condition. "You...?" I stepped closer to the bed asking as if he could hear me. The parents looked at me. "Who are you?" his mother asked. I didn't know how to answer. "I met him last night...," that was the only answer I can give and with a heavy burden in my heart...built as soon as I found him...I cried a tear and he opened his eyes. "Omo! Son, you're awake?" Yes he was awake and in seconds the room was filled by doctors and nurses. And I left the room, joining T.O.P outside. And I cried a lot I didn't even know why! "Thanks for making my job easier," a husky voice was heard. I wiped my eyes and looked up. I knew it was T.O.P's voice. But he was nowhere to be found!


Four months later...

I was in a hurry to go to work. I was already very late. I ran on the streets with my office wears; big blouse and 3/4 pants, and a pair of wedges. I was running and about to cross the road, a block from my house...when a speeding car suddenly appeared and approaching me! But I was fast. I pulled back to the side of the road bt there was a boy listening to his iPod, unaware of what happened. I ran back to the road and pulled him with me back to the street. The car passed us still moving too fast! I sighed in relief but my anger was building up.. "Watch the road! Don't get carried away by this!" I angrily yelled to him and pulled his earphone. He looked up to me and...omo! It was him??? "You saved me twice. Gomawoyo Autumn ssi...".


"My name is Kai. I'm an EXO member." and he strecthed out his hand to me...


The end.