The last straw

I love you for who you are

- We arrived. I still have some things to do, so here is the car's key. Close it for me. Please hurry and wake Sungjong up, you should rest in the dorm. - Said their Manager.

- I understood. - Replied L.

And the manager went away.

- Hey, Sunjong. Wake up! - Sungjong didn't react. - Hey, wak....

Sunjong slept deeply. Myungsoo stopped waking him and just starred the sleeping boy. He had a calm and beautiful face while sleeping. He looked like an angel. Myungsoo carefully lifted him up bridal style and brought him to the dorm . Sungjong wasn't heavy so Myungsoo could easily held him. He held him very tightly. Slowly he put Sungjong in his bed and went back to his own room since they were in separete rooms. After an hour, thunder could be heard and lightning could be seen. Soon the rain started to fall as well. Myungsoo couldn't sleep because of the storm so he went out to the kitchen for a glass of milk. He hoped that it will help him fall sleep. The thunders just became louder and louder. When Myungsoo decided to go back to his room, he heard some noises. The noises came from Sungjong's room. Myungsoo didn't really care about it and went towards his door but then he stopped. He thought that maybe something happened with the maknae. So he went to his door and peeked. Now the noises were similar to crying and sobbing. But wait, why was Sungjong crying?

- Sungjong. Are you alright? Sunjong's hand were on his ear so he didn't hear Myungsoo. - HEY, Sungjong! Answer me!!!

- Ah, hyung. What are you doi.... - A thunder came and Sungjong wasn't able to talk or move. He just sat there, grabbing his ears while crying.

- Don't tell me that you are scared of the thunder. How... pathetic. - This last word ''pathetic'', Sungjong heard it and cryed even more. Now not just because of the storm but even because of his hyung's words. Myungsoo said that but now he went to his bed and climbed up on the ladder. He sat down next to the crying boy and pulled him closer to himself. Then unexpectedly L hugged Sungjong.

- Sorry. I didn't mean to say that to you. It's ok. You don't have to be scared. I'm here. Everything is alright. Everything will be alright. Shhh. Calm down. I will be here with you. I won't leave. Shh.

 The embrace was very warm, it wasn't like Myungsoo was most of the time. It was gentle and kind. Sungjong didn't know how to react. But he was very scared so he just stayed in his hyung's arm. It was quite comforting and his words slowly calmed Sungjong down. He has never guessed that one day Myungsoo will be the one who will comfort him. But it felt good so soon he fell asleep while holding tightly his hyung. It was weird but in his partner's arms he felt himself in safe. It was a feeling what Sungjong rarely felt.

- Um... Huh? - Sungjong was surprised when he woke up in his hyung's arms. Sungjong just stared at Myungsoo. He was very handsome and good-looking. He was one of the most handsome member in the group. Sungjong have never seen Myungsoo's sleeping face and now he was amazed. He didn't realize it but he slowly started to lean closer to the sleeping boy. When suddenly Myungsoo opened his eyes. The little maknae was scared and tripped in the blanket.

- Hey. Watch out!!! - Shouted Myungsoo and grabbed Sungjong's arm. But it was too late. The two of them fell down from the bed.

- Ouch. It hurts. What did you do Sungjong? Why did you jump.... Hey, are you alright?

- ....My... arm. It... hurts. Sorry, hyung. A... re you alright?

- I am alright but you aren't. I will call the ambulance. Stay still and don't move your arm, ok?

- I'm alright. I just hit my hand a bit. It is nothing serious. Really.

- Don't joke with me. I think you broke it. - Myungsoo tried to call the ambulance but it was deaf because of the storm. - Damn, the phone is dead.

- I'm really ok, hyung. Don't worry.

- Shut up already! Seriously you just make things worse. Why don't you understand your condition? Why do you play the strong man when you visibly have serious pains? How can you be so irritating and annoying? I'm not surprised that your popularity is the lowest in the whole band. Just shut up and... - At that moment L realized that this time he went too far.

 

God. What am I doing? I should protect him from affronts and disparagaments. I did the same what others did. I hurt him. I didn't want to hurt him even in my dreams. I have to apologize. I have to tell him that I was just nervous because of his injury. I have to tell him that I'm worried about him. Why can't I speak? What happened? Why can't I tell my feelings to him? Why WHY???

 

Sungjong just watched Myungsoo with his mouth open. He knew that he wasn't the most popular, he also knew that Myungsoo didn't really like him. But he has never known that he thinks this way about him. At least he didn't think that he will hear those words face to face from the elder. Sungjong also always bear that the members always , bossed around him but it was just too much now. It was the last straw. He didn't even notice that his tears were flowing down on his cheek.

 

I-Is he crying? Sungjong... I'm so sorry. Please don't cry. Neither od the words I said before were true. I love you. Sungjong... Stupid mouth. Move already! Move!!!

 

- Um... I'm going looking for my mobilephone. - Said Myungsoo. He regretted what he said. He was too harsh with the Maknae this time. But he couldn't say anything.

When Myungsoo left Sungjong's room he ran away from the flat as fast as he can. Myungsoo heard his footsteps, shouted after Sungjong and tried to grab him. But Sungjong was faster, went to the elevator and quickly closed the door. Myungsoo started to run toward the stairs. He ran like he ran for his own life. Sungjong fell on the ground, grabbed his knees and just cried until the elevator reached the floor. Then he ran out from the buiding and grabbed a taxi. At that moment Myungsoo appeared to the floor too. But he was late. Sungjong decided to go to the city where the other members were. He didn't know the exact address. He just wanted to be as far from Myungsoo as far he could be. His arm hurt, but his hyung's words were more painful for him.