7 SHINee Drabbles

7 SHINee Drabbles

 

SHINee!Puppies AU
Jonghyun/Minho /  PG / Sunbathing
 
The middle of the day was the best time for sun bathing, especially in front of the living room’s bay window; the sunlight streaming in and the wood absorbing it made it the prime spot to nap. Jonghyun sat perched on the couch, staring out the window, just waiting for time to pass. Normally the others gave little thought to this, as the first person who got there usually kept it to themselves (unless you were nice enough like Jinki to share, but Jonghyun had no such kindness) so he just had to get there before Minho. The black Lab took up the whole space for himself when he got it, leaving no room for Jonghyun to get in his afternoon snooze. The bigger dog knew how much it meant to Jonghyun too, and often they were forced into racing for the claim, but it wasn’t fair by any means. Who would put a giant black Lab against a Dachshund and argue that long legs didn’t have an advantage?  
 
The couch was comfy, sure, but it was nothing compared to the deep sleep a good sunspot put you in. Soon, watching the birds outside lost it’s appeal and the sofa’s cozy throw blankets were pulling in Jonghyun’s desire for a different sleeping spot. He’d just close his eyes for a minute…
 
When he opened them again, he was curled up next to Kibum, who had apparently decided to share body heat for their nap. Upon lifting his head and looking around the room, Jonghyun felt his body tense at the sight of a big black furball on the floor across the room. Minho had gotten his spot while he’d slept! A growl almost surfaced in his anger, but he stifled when his peripheral vision spotted Kibum. A Yorkie’s bark was nothing compared to the loud yell of their owner when one of them happened to mark up the carpet, believe it or not.
 
Slowly, trying not to jostle his bedmate too much, Jonghyun stood and crawled over to the opposite end of the couch, jumping down easily and started for Minho. The lazy dog was still asleep, snoring softly while the sun landed on his fur, making the black seem shinier even though Jonghyun knew Minho was due for a bath. Though the Lab was younger than Jonghyun, he was five times his size—another thing Jonghyun didn’t view as fair—but the smaller dog didn’t let it get to Minho’s head. Minho may have size, but Jonghyun was clever (plus, a little help from the new  impressionable puppy, Taemin, made the pranks even better). Quietly, making sure his nails didn’t click on the wood, Jonghyun padded over to the sleeping pup. Minho didn’t awaken, even when Jonghyun was a foot away and his nose should have alerted him. Good, Jonghyun thought, he was out cold. 
 
He pounced, little legs digging into the younger dog’s huge head as Jonghyun’s teeth captured the short, floppy ear, tugging and chomping down hard. He growled, right in Minho’s face and stomped on his muzzle, doing anything and everything to wake up the sleeping giant. It worked, after a few seconds of flailing, a sharp sting landed on Minho’s closed eye and the beast awoke, jerking his head up so fast Jonghyun was forced off, landing roughly on the hardwood. That didn’t hinder him though, and he went in for a second attack, nipping at Minho’s heels and trying to bite under the soft fur of his neck, snarling the entire time. Minho, having fully awakened at last, realized the situation and stood, towering over the smaller Dachshund and glared fiercely. Jonghyun glared back, the little brown spots over his eyes coming down to resemble the frowning face of their owner.
 
“You big black brute! You knew I wanted this spot today! You’ve gotten it everyday for the past week! It was my turn!” The little dog was practically shaking in anger.
 
Minho snuffed, tilting his head up in superiority. “You were already sleeping. What was I supposed to do? Wake you up and tell you you could have it?”
“Yes! I’m your hyung, you should be kinder to me!”
 
Minho lowered his head, leveling his eyes with Jonghyun’s, staring. Jonghyun kept his eyes open, only blinking when he had to as he met the hard gaze. He wouldn’t fall for it again, he wouldn’t get scared, he wouldn’t…
 
A sharp, loud bark had Jonghyun skidding on the floor, yelping in surprise at the noise. Minho smirked, stepping forward fast and barking again, watching amused as Jonghyun made more frightened noises and backed away.
 
“Okay, okay, God don’t step on me. You can have the spot, it already smells too much like a dirty mutt, anyway…” The Dachshund stalked off, head hanging low along with his tail. Maybe Kibum wouldn’t notice that he’d left.
 
It didn’t matter to Minho what Jonghyun called him—and there was a long list—either way he got the spot and probably wouldn’t have to hear Jonghyun complaints about it for another week or so. He plopped back down, sighing happily feeling the rays of sunshine on his fur once more.  
 
Taemin/Minho / PG / Pup’s First Punishment
 
Taemin had finally gotten a bone for himself and now he couldn’t find it. He knew he’d buried it somewhere in the yard to hide it from Jonghyun—who would steal it without thinking twice—but it had been a few days and the hole was not where to be found. Taemin followed his nose, but his own trail coated the yard along with the others’ because they’d been playing out here just yesterday. 
 
Taemin was teething and at the moment he really wanted that bone. Without knowing what else he could do (because going to the others for help was embarrassing; he was the new pup after all, he couldn’t make himself seem weaker) he started to dig. He hadn’t buried it deep, he remembered, so surely digging a little throughout the yard wouldn’t take up too much time.
 
An hour later, Taemin was hot and covered in dirt, with no bone to show for his efforts. He wanted to howl in frustration but that would only bring the others’ attention to him. The yard was covered in little holes, scattered about every few feet. Taemin was resting under the shade of the only tree in the yard, trying to catch his breath. Maybe he had imagined burying the bone? Had one of his hyungs found it before he could retrieve it?
 
Without realizing it, Taemin had been spotted. Their owner had emerged from his office—where he worked mostly from home—to check on his dogs, finding four of them inside, but their newest pup missing. He checked the window, figuring Taemin had stepped out to do his business, but instead found his yard dug completely inside out.
 
Slamming open the door, he yelled out Taemin’s name. The pup, not used to punishment, stood up excitedly, tail wagging and ears perked up. He loved playing with his owner, he always gave him treats and knew his tummy was a weak spot of his. He ran over, stopping at his owner’s feet and looked up. His tail slowly stopped wiggling, and his normally high-perked ears fell in submission.
 
He’d seen his owner angry before, but never directed at him. The man pointed at the yard, yelling more and only then did Taemin realize what he had done. Their owner didn’t like the holes, didn’t like the mess. The tall man groaned and rubbed his face and the young pup could feel the frustration rolling off of him. He whined and dashed behind his owner, scurrying through the open door and into the house. He ran for the nearest hiding spot, which happened to be between Minho’s legs. This hyung always protected Taemin from Jonghyun’s tricks (and didn’t get mad when he was forced to play them, either) or Kibum’s mothering so surely he would  keep him safe from his owner’s rage. 
 
Minho blinked at the sudden yellow puppy under between his paws, the little Shiba-Inu had taken refuge there before, and it took only a few clues for Minho to guess why it happened this time. Taemin’s paws and fur were covered in dirt, and he’d heard their owner yell at the pup outside. Putting two and two together was simple and Minho deduced that Taemin had wrecked the yard. It wasn’t the first time this had happened, each of the older dogs—including Minho—had gone through a digging phase, and perhaps this was one time too many for their stressed owner.
 
Taemin was whining, crouched down under the shield he’d made of Minho’s large frame. It clenched Minho’s heart to watch the pup like that; he’d grown fond of the little guy and knew that this anger towards him was new and scary.
 
Their owner stalked in a minute later, glaring hard at Taemin then sighing exasperatedly at the frightened state of the new puppy. He hadn’t meant to scare Taemin so bad, but the yard would take a long time to get back to its normal status. Minho stood guard at the moment, the lanky black Lab standing over the smaller dog, staring back at the man as if to say “Leave him to me.”
 
Their owner shook his head and disappeared into the kitchen, leaving Taemin untouched for the time being. Both dogs visibly relaxed, but Taemin wouldn’t move himself from under his safe haven.
 
“It’s alright, Minnie. He isn’t that upset.”
 
“You should have seen him, hyung, his face was red and his fists were clenched… I thought he would hit me.”
 
“Owner would never hit us, Taemin. He was just mad because this has happened four times before. You shouldn’t have dug up the yard, you know.”
 
Taemin’s head dropped in shame, his voice coming out softly, “I was just looking for my bone."
 
“Why didn’t you ask me for help finding it? I have a good nose.”
 
“It was embarrassing… I shouldn’t need help to find my own bone.”
 
“I would have gladly helped, you know that. Next time, don’t make a mess of the yard. Or the house for that matter. Come to one of us for help, alright?”
 
“Okay… Is Owner going to punish me?”
 
“Maybe, but it won’t be so bad, I promise.” The bigger dog ducked down, at the younger’s face for reassurance. Taemin yipped happily and nuzzled into his hyung’s chest, trusting him completely.  
 
Taemin/Krystal / PG / New Cat on the Block
 
There was a new pet in the house, Taemin could smell it. His head was ducked down, little curly tail wagging in the air as he searched the floors for a better trace of the scent. He’d never smelled it before and it was curious. He was used to smelling his hyungs all over the floors, but beyond those familiar scents he could just barely taste another. It was sharp and neither human nor dog. 
 
His search lasted a good five minutes before he ended up in their owner’s bedroom, where the trail came to an abrupt stop right at the foot of the bed. There was a set of doggy stairs to the right—mostly used by Kibum and Jonghyun because Minho, Jinki and Taemin were all ‘too big’ to sleep with their master—and the scent seemed to hover in the air; obviously whatever it was was on the bed.
 
Steadily, the pup trailed up the stairs. He may not be allowed to, but his master let him get away with it every now and then; besides, the man was in his office and wouldn’t be able to catch Taemin in the act.
 
The stairs wobbled and almost threatened to topple over when Taemin’s hind leg stepped in the wrong spot, and with a yelp he jumped, just barely landing on the edge of the bed while the doggy steps fell to the side. There went his escape route. 
 
After he shook off the shock of almost falling, Taemin realized that the smell was stronger now, practically seeped into the bedsheets.
 
A soft rumbling made his ears perk up, and his eyes caught sight of a bright white creature laying on the pillows a few feet ahead. It made him tense, the shock of a new presence freezing his limbs. 
 
A cat. That’s what it was. The word popped up in his head as the memories of Jinki and Jonghyun running around outside chasing a stray that had hopped over their fence came back to him. The thing was hissy and yowled so loud it hurt his ears, but it finally ran away and thus he was told about the dangers of felines. 
Bright, piercing green eyes stared back at him, and he examined the cat further, fluffy white fur with patches of brown and black scattered in between. They stayed locked in position for what felt like ages, simply waiting for one of them to make the first move.
 
The cat stirred first. She stood and Taemin almost scattered before realizing that the stairs were no longer an option. A fall from this height would surely brake something…
 
She sauntered toward him, walking with such a grace that Taemin found himself entranced in the movement, her long, fluffy tail swung behind her body and made her seem to float.
 
Then she rubbed against him, shoving the white fur under his chin against his chest; the rumbling got louder as her tail brushed over his nose, the smell becoming overwhelming. The cat’s head turned toward him, ears twitching in a motion similar to his own as a smile seemed to stretch her face.
 
“My name’s Krystal, and I live here now.”
 
 
Zombie Apocalypse!SHINee AU
 
Jonghyun/Taemin / PG-13 / Game Time
 
“Game time,” Jonghyun muttered, closing one eyes to aim, the gun just barely peaking out from above the rooftop. “Head shots are ten points.”
 
Kibum winced as the shot rang out, covering one ear with his shoulder, trying his best to block out the noise. “Yes, let’s make a game out of surviving.”
 
Jonghyun shrugged, not too upset with his miss. At least he still his the creature. “Might as well, there’s no use in being too serious.”
 
“I’ll relay that to you when you’re getting chewed on, then.”
 
“Then shooting me in the head is twenty points.”
 
Kibum rolled his eyes, stalking back downstairs to help Jinki scrounge up something to eat from what they had found in the storage room.
 
Taemin snickered quietly to himself as he watched Kibum walk away, moving closer to Jonghyun when they were left to themselves. “Can I play?”
 
“Sure, just don’t shoot too far out, because that’ll just waste bullets.”
 
Taemin nodded, taking the gun from his hyung’s hands, and aiming. The swaying undead made it harder to get a good shot, but Taemin had practice, and his shot rang out loudly in the streets. The monster fell to the ground, blood pooling around it’s chest. 
 
Jonghyun grinned and ruffled Taemin’s hair. “Eight points for you, kid.” 
 
OT5 / PG-13 / Bump in the Night
 
A loud crash broke through the silent night, ceramic breaking and metal clanging on the hardwood floor; the noise seemed to deafen the four boys in their bedroom, all of them freezing and their breathes halting.
 
Jonghyun scrambled into the room, diving for the nearest hiding spot, which happened to be the mass of blankets and makeship bed’s that the boys were already occupying. The older boy dug himself under the sheets, shoving a few of the others aside to make room.
 
Taemin grunted as he was elbowed hard in the ribs but scooted over to make room for Jonghyun. He could feel the boy shaking, and he refused to come out from under the covers.
 
“What is it, Jjong? Are they here?” Key hissed, breaking the silence. They all stared hard at the lump under the covers. 
 
“Jjong come on, we have to know if we need to go!”
 
Minho seemed frantic, his gaze shooting to the guns stashed in the corner of the room, and that didn’t do much to help Jonghyun snap out of it. His eyes peeked out and he shook his head frantically. 
 
“I—I dropped the plates and there was a huge crash. I didn’t mean to but I…I’m sorry.”
 
“,” Minho cursed, crawling out of the covers and grabbing one of the rifles.
 
Onew scooted over, wrapping an arm around Jonghyun’s shaking shoulders, murmuring “It’s okay,” over and over, trying to tell him that it wasn’t his fault. Taemin swallowed nervously and turned his gaze to the window that was boarded up with plywood. Surely nothing could get in, right?
 
“What were you even doing in the kitchen?” Key asked, his hands tugging at his hair. It had become a habit of the older boy’s, and Taemin wondered if he’d pull it all out one day because of stress.
 
“I was just reaching for an apple and there were cockroaches under the plates and I freaked out…”
 
"Over a ing cockroach, Jonghyun?"
 
The older boy flinched, burying his face in Onew’s chest. Onew glared at Key and gestured that he go check things out with Minho. Key’s face fell and he looked like he would apologize but his mouth snapped shut and he stood, leaving the room and following Minho.
 
Taemin inched forward, wrapping his arms around Jonghyun from behind. The older boy jerked at the touch but slowly relaxed, lying curled up between their oldest and youngest.
 
“It’s not your fault,” he whispered, though his own heart raced at the thought of having to leave this safe house. It was late and who knows how many of the undead had heard the crash.
 
Minho and Key appeared minutes later, their faces grim.
 
“We have to go,” Minho announced. “Now.”
 
Jinki looked up, blinking his eyes hard to hold back tears. “I’ll get our emergency kit. Get the guns.” He turned to Taemin, trying to maintain a steady voice as he spoke. “Calm Jonghyun down, I’ll be back in a bit.”
 
Taemin nodded and they all set off, grabbing bangs and guns, rushing around to make sure they had everything. Jonghyun’s sobs were silent but the younger boy wasn’t fooled. 
 
“It’s my fault. I’m sorry.”
 
Jonghyun wouldn’t believe him if he denied him, and either way, Taemin couldn’t force out anymore words. His mind was crowded and he couldn’t think, too many what-if’s flashing across his thoughts and it made his temples throb.
 
They had to leave soon. He needed to get it together, for Jonghyun and the rest of them.
 
 
In which Jonghyun and Taemin get lots of kittens!AU
Key & Onew / PG / Kitten Take-Over
 
“I think this is getting a little out of hand.”
 
“What do you mean?” Jinki asked, looking up. Sauce covered his mouth from his dinner and Key growled, shoving a napkin at him.  
 
“What do you mean what do I mean? There are kittens everywhere!” He gestured wildly, arms flailing and steam practically shooting out of his pierced ears.
 
Indeed, kittens had taken over their dorm, crawling around and scratching at anything they could get their tiny paws on. The furniture had taken a rough beating and the young cats had since then moved into their bedrooms.
 
“They won’t shut up and I feel like every step I take there is a little black fur ball under my feet!”
 
Loki, the first cat that had shown up in their home, mewed suddenly and pawed at Key’s socks. The diva screeched and kicked the kitten away none too gently, Jinki wincing at the yowl that followed.
 
“It’s not that bad, Kibummie…”
 
“There are like ten of them all in this little dorm, Jinki! All five of us can barely fit without getting sick of each other every now and then and now there are ten little bodies adding to the mix. I can’t believe Jonghyun and Taemin keep bringing these cats here—Jinki!”
 
The leader jumped at his name, sheepishly trying to ignore the fact that he had stopped listening to Kibum’s rant as soon as it had started. Azazel, as the second black kitten had been dubbed, sat in Jinki’s lap, purring loudly as he nudged the hand had been oh-so-nicely petting her behind the ears.
 
“They’re cute, Kibum. I don’t see why it’s such a big deal. I thought you liked cats.”
 
“I liked cats before they were surrounding my every move!” He yelled, before stalking off toward his room, having to barely avoid being pounced on by Lucifer in the hallway.  ”Lucifer is a really unoriginal name, by the way,” he mumbled.
 
Just as he made to sit on his bed, two twin mewls of protest stopped him, sharp pin-pricks sinking into his back suddenly and Key jumped up, shouting in surprise. The two kittens fell, dropping from their hold on Kibum’s shirt. The singer turned and pointed an accusing finger at the young cats, staring into their seemingly innocent green eyes. “I don’t know which ones you are and I don’t care. Get. Out. Of. My. Bed!”
 
They scattered, ears flattening in fear as they raced out of the bedroom. Kibum collapsed onto his bed, groaning into the pillow. The deep breath he took after was cut off by a fit of sneezing, the singer having to sit up to calm himself, and a glance in the mirror while he grabbed a tissue made him notice the  tiny black hairs stuck all over his face.
 
“JONGHYUN, TAEMIN! WHEN YOU GET HOME YOUR ASSES ARE MINE!”
 
Jonghyun/Taemin / PG / Commander Shepurred
 
“Shhh,” Jonghyun whispered, putting a finger up to his lips. He pointed to the door, then to his pocket. Taemin nodded, his face blank and serious. He reached in, slowly pulling out Jonghyun’s entrance card like that would make any noise even if he went at a snail’s pace. Jonghyun rolled his eyes, but lifted the crate he had in his hands, peeking inside at the small creature. Green eyes blinked back at him and he couldn’t help but giggle quietly. 
 
Taemin glanced over at his hyung, noticing the smile that was spread over his lips and grinned to himself at the sight. The singer was too cute when it came to animals. He turned back to the lock pad, quickly entering the code that unlocked the door and nodded back at Jonghyun. The look made the cooing cut off and the older boy coughed, trying to shrug off the noise, but Taemin wasn’t fooled. He rolled his eyes and pulled open the door, peeking in and letting out a revealed noise when he discovered the kitchen empty.
 
“Come on, he whispered, and slid inside, slipping off his shoes and turned to help Jonghyun with the crate. Once he finished with his own shoes, both boys tip-toed into the dorm, keeping their ears open and eyes peeled for any sign of the others, especially Kibum, who would kill them if he discovered who they had with them.
 
They entered the living room, happy to find that everyone was out that evening. Jonghyun plopped himself on the couch, Taemin sitting beside him after he sat the carrier on the coffee table. They both stared inside, grinning and speaking in embarrassing baby-talk to the creature. The noises caught the attention of six others, and they all made their way into the living room, staying out of sight while they watched the two boys, curious as to why they were making such sounds if it were not to call for them. 
 
“It’s time to meet the family, Commander Shepurred~” Jonghyun sang, leaning over to unlatch the lock.
 
“‘Commander Shepurred’?” Taemin asked, scrunching his nose up at the Engish. They already had The Doctor and now this? 
 
“It’s punny!” Jonghyun pouted, giving Taemin that kicked puppy look that made his insides melt and allowed the older boy to get whatever he wants. The maknae sighed, and reached inside the crate, gently picking up the kitten inside and pulled him out, holding him up to his face. Large eyes stared back at him, and somehow the markings on the cat’s face made it look like he was scowling. 
 
“Welcome to the dorm, Cammander Shepurred.”
 
The kitten meowed, swiping his paw out with lightning fast speed, scratching Taemin down the side of his face. The boy cried out and dropped the kit, who crawled into Jonghyun’s lap immediately and curled up, purring loudly and proudly looking up at the bloody work he had accomplished.