Chapter 6

The Serial Dater
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lay and I decided to meet at the entrance lobby. He was already waiting for me when I arrived downstairs. Lay waved at me.

“Where do you want to eat?” Hmm … maybe we should visit Xiumin’s café. I mean I promised him that I’ll try to visit.

“A friend of mine runs this café and he said the main dishes are great. Do you want to check it out? It’ll only take minutes of driving.” Lay agreed so we went to the parking lot next to get my car. I’m driving. Yes you heard it right. I’m driving.

Lay wanted to take my place but I insisted. I like driving!

“Hey Sun Hee?” I see someone’s on a curious mode again. I wonder what he’s going to ask me.

“Yeah?” Millions of questions and assumptions are in my mind right now. Ask anything you want Lay, just don’t ask me to be your girlfriend.

“Do you have a boyfriend now?” Okay I’m a bit nervous because everything starts with this question.

“I don’t have one right now. Why?” Please give me a simple answer Lay.

“Nothing just asking.” Phew. I thought he’s gonna add some more.

“If I had a boyfriend, I’m sure you’ll not be inside this car.” We both chuckled. I’m so glad Lay is cool with this. We’ll be bestfriends in no time.

We arrived at the café and I saw Xiumin at the counter. I wonder where his dog is. I kind of miss her.

Lay and I went inside the café. There were an average number of people inside and I can tell that the business is going well. Good for Xiumin.

“Welcome to … Sun Hee? You’re here!” Xiumin’s eyes twinkled for a moment but when he saw Lay it vanished. Guys like him should relax.

“Xiumin this is Lay, a friend of mine and my workmate. We’re on lunch break now and I remembered you telling me about your café.” Xiumin smiled immediately when I said friend. Oh guys today.

“We’ll give you both the special dish today. Sit down over there.” Oooh special. I’m starting to like this place.

“Xiumin is?” Lay is starting to ask questions again. I wonder when he’ll stop.

“A friend.” I know most of my friends are guys and it’s because I date them! It’s kind of fun actually but it gets worst too. I had this one date before and I never knew that the guy would fall for me like I’m the only girl in the world. He stalked me and even proposed! I think that guy is freaking crazy. We only dated once and our feelings were never mutual. That was probably the worst date I had! And hopefully, it’ll never happen again.

“How many boyfriends have you had anyway?” Oh God that question.

“Well … I had 2. Just 2. I broke up with my recent boyfriend before graduation. He was a total jerk. And now I have trust issues.”

“So you’re not planning to have any relationships with anyone?” Lay is very bright.

“You got that right.” Lay gave me a look of regret. Maybe he did wanna ask me to go out with him again. Sorry Lay.

“Here you go … our special pasta. I’ll give you two free desserts later.” Oh Xiumin is so kind. I’m gonna come back here with Hara and that’s a promise!

“Thank you. How’s Bailey?”

“She’s doing well. Thanks for asking. Enjoy your meal.” Oh … just looking at it makes my stomach grumble like never before. Yummy!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter