I Want My Own Life

Mrs. Kim

Careless, careless, shoot, anonymous, anonymous, heartless, mindless, no one care about me….

The boys sang out as they were preparing for the American debut. It was daunting to think her boys were going to explore the music industry in America but Girl’s Generation were successful as were F(x) and SHinee so it was only fair that EXO give it a try.

Olivia was in the practice room with them watching them practice as she graded papers. All the boys were improving with their English writing so now they just had to work on speaking it a little more. 5 months had passed since Olivia’s drunken night with the girls. Things had somewhat smoothed out. She and Kangin were in heaven bliss. Granted they still had to hide their relationship but they were in tune with one another. Kangin had been able to relax his worried and jealous mind because the girls had not heard from their father and Baekhyun had cooled off.

And when I say cool off, it was like he never liked Olivia like that. He even told her that he was very sorry for the way he was acting in the beginning and that she was right. It was just puppy love. She was so happy with his confession that they had become closer than ever.

Kris and Evelyn became the new it couple as well. Evie told her sister she definitely wasn’t expecting to feel this way about anyone. She wasn’t ready to get married but that didn’t mean she didn’t want to date. Olivia told her to be careful though, Kris can be sensitive when he wants to be, meaning he really wanted to be in love and she thinks he really loves her. Olivia knows Evie isn’t ready for the “love” part of a relationship yet. Evie promised her sister that they would take it slow and take a lot about their feelings so no one got hurt.

“You guys sound so good. So are you going to sing some Korean and English songs?”

“Yes Noona. I mean since Psy kind of put Korean on the map with American’s; it’s a good idea,” said Chen

“You’re right,”

Suddenly Rachel came rushing in the room, “Where’s Evie?”

“What’s wrong?”

“You’ll never guess who is here on the floor waiting for her,”

“My Dad, OMG!”

“Yup he came up on the floor and saw me and was like, “Hi Rachel, how’s life and I’m like its good Mr. Williams, what are you doing here?”

“How did he find her? Do you know?”

“I asked and he said Kaleb,”

“Oh no poor guy. He must have cracked. Wondered how Dad got the information out of him. Where is she though? Guys do you know?”

“I think she’s with Kris,” said a worried Baekhyun

“Where’s Kris?”

“They went to get lunch?” said Chanyeol

“I’ll call her,” the phone rang but went to voicemail, “Crap I gotta go get her. I’ll be right back,”

“But you’re going to run into your Dad,” said Rachel

“It’s fine. I’ll be right back,”

Olivia’s heart was pounding a mile a minute. She had not seen her father in a long time and they didn’t really talk on the phone or Skype each other. The last time she talked to him she lied about her relationship with Kangin. She knew for a fact if he asked again she would tell him the truth. She was not ashamed anymore and he would have to deal with it.

“Olivia, honey,”

“Hey Dad,” she hugged him, “What brings you here?”

“You think I’m stupid?”

“Of course not,”

“Where is your sister?”

“She’s not here. What, did you come all this way to drag her home? Good luck with that,”

 

IN THE MEANTIME

 

“Why isn’t Hyung picking up his phone either?” said Kai

“We have to get to them before Evie’s Dad finds out,” some of the boys left the room to go find Kris

Baekhyun, Luhan, and Lay went out to search for them.

 

“Baby I don’t understand why you are fighting me on this. I’m doing this for my girls. I love you guys and I want the absolute best for you,”

“Dad that guy you have for Evelyn is not the absolute best. In fact it’s scary,”

“He has potential to grow. In fact he told me personally that he will try harder to please your sister,”

“But this sounds like an arranged marriage and it’s just wrong,”

“Your other sister’s don’t see it that way,”

“Yea because they want to please. Me I don’t want to please you. I want my life the way I want it,” her father was a bit hurt by her statement

“Well I see. Well you have time to change your mind. When you finally come back home I have a nice gentleman lined up for you,”

“Have you heard a word I said?”

“I did and believe it or not Adele said the same thing when she was your age and look how well that turned out. I know deep down you love your father and you wouldn’t want me to be sad,”

“Frankly you’ll get over it. I can’t follow your dreams of Howard alumni, fraternity black brother. I can’t. My heart won’t let me,”

“What are you talking about?”

“I lied to you; when I said I didn’t have a Korean boyfriend. I lied,” she whispered

Just then Kangin unknowingly came to the floor. When he saw Olivia’s father his stopped walking and he tried to duck out but Olivia grabbed his arm. Her father was furious.

“He is a wonderful man who loves me and I love him,”

Kangin bowed deep at her father and said, “Hello my name is Youngwoon Kim,”

Olivia smiled because Kangin wanted to speak perfect English when he met her father. He didn’t want her Dad to give Olivia a reason why she couldn’t be with him. Her father looked intensely at Kangin then at his daughter. And for the longest time he didn’t say anything.

“Come let’s go to the lobby and talk,” he walked to the elevator and Olivia and Kangin got on holding each other tightly. Her father was eerily calm right now and it freaked her out

 

Lay, Luhan and Baekhyun just got to the lobby when they ran into Kris and Evie.

“Come one you have to get out of here,” said Baekhyun

“What’s wrong?” asked Evie

“Your Dad is here,” said Luhan

“What! How did he find me?” she tried to leave the building but Kris stopped her

“Stop running and stand up to him,” said Kris

“Are you crazy?”

“Yes I’m crazy for you and I don’t want to hide from your parents. The fans yes but you’ve met my mom and she adores you,”

“And you’ve met my Mom; she’s sweet and likes you too but my dad is a totally different story. Do you want to be alive to start promoting in America? Well then we better go,”

Just as they were about to leave Kangin, Olivia and their Dad was coming out of the elevator. Time stood still as Evelyn came face to face with her Dad. She was surprised at his appearance. He had aged a lot more than the last time she saw him. He looked like a very old man. He smiled sweetly at her and her heart melted. He probably had trouble sleeping and had restless months trying to find her. She didn’t want to cause him pain but she couldn’t live the life he wanted for her. Now it was time to face the music.

“Look Olivia, it’s your sister. I should have known she would be here?” he went up to hug Evelyn, “Well you look good,”

“I can’t say the same for you Dad. You look really old,”

“Yes you see these bags,” he pointed to his eyes, “Stress. My own family deceived me. It’s not easy hearing news like that,” he looked at the other boys in the lobby then back at Olivia, “So this is the man you’re in love with?”

“Yea Dad, get used to it,”

“And this is Kris, my boyfriend,”

Olivia was shocked Evelyn had the guts to tell her Dad the truth. Now she was really worried for all their safeties. Olivia looked at her Dad who was boiling mad.

“He doesn’t look too mad,” said Kangin

“No he’s about to explode,”

 

“Dad did you hear me?”

“I just want to make sure I heard right?”

“This is Kris Wu, my boyfriend. We like each other a lot and I’m not going home,”

“Like hell you are. Let’s go NOW!” he grabbed her arm and tried to take her out of the building.

Kris grabbed onto her and pulled her from her father.

“Sir I can’t let you do that. It’s going against her will and that’s wrong,” Evie was hiding behind Kris

“I’m going to need for you to mind your own business son. Now let’s go Evie,” he went to grab for her again

Olivia ran to her aid, “Daddy stop this right now. What has gotten into you? Why is this so important?”

“It’s tradition. Our family has always been this way. This is our community. Do you honestly think your Mother liked me from the beginning? No she didn’t, she hated me actually but through the years she grew to love me. It’s the way it’s always been,”

“Dad times are different. Please don’t do this” said Olivia as she put herself between Evie and their Dad

“Dad I don’t want to upset you, I really don’t but I can’t marry that guy,” she had tears in her eyes

“Oh come on, now I’m the bad guy. Don’t cry. Maybe we can work something out. He promised me he would try harder to make you happy,”

“I don’t want to marry anyone right now. I’m still young. You can’t make me go home,”

Their Dad was getting impatient. But he wasn’t giving up. He tried to reach for Evie again when he suddenly couldn’t breathe. He grabbed his chest and fell over.

“Daddy!” the girls ran to him

“Omg what’s wrong with him! Daddy!” cried Evie

“Call 911,” said Kangin as he propped the older man up

“I think he’s having a heart attack,” said Olivia crying

 

 

Not my best but I really wanted to update. Hope you guys enjoy