Chapter 18

My Family with Suju

~~{Kay's POV}~~

I laid in bed, my head pounding with a migraine. I heard my phone ringing again, but I didn't move.

I released the bills from my hand and let them fall on the floor.

" Zhou Mi!! " I called out to my husband, still not wanting to move.

A minute later, he showed up in our doorway.

" What is it? " he asked kindly, coming over to sit on the edge of the bed.

" Bills. Taxes. So much work, " I said with a groan, rolling over onto my stomach and squishing my face into my pillow.

" Take a nap, I'll take care of all that, " he grabbed my hand and kissed it softly. I heard him stand up, pick up the papers and head out.

I laid there in silence, almost immediately interupted by my phone going off for the third time. I sat there for a few rings before actually sitting up and grabbing my phone off of the night stand.

" Yeobeoseyo? " I answered in a slightly scratchy voice before clearing my voice and repeating myself.

" Hello, is this Kay? " the person on the other line asked, sounding proffessional.

" Yes, this is her. "

" Hello, I'm calling from the insurance building to say that your payment is late by one week and if you don't pay it within 30 days, your account will be disabled. "

" Oh. Okay, thank you for telling me. I'll be sure to bring in my payment as soon as possible. "

" Thank you. Have a nice day, " the lady hung up and I put my phone away.

I plopped back onto the bed with a loud groan.

Life is so hard. So much work to do. Bills to pay, taxes to figure out, and a stubborn kid to take care of. And on top of that, Onew fired me from my job, mostly because he thought I was too stressed out.

I heard a knock on the door, even though it was already open.

" Can I come in? " I heard Leeteuk's voice say. I to my side to face him and nodded.

Leeteuk stepped in and sat on the edge of the bed, just as Zhou Mi had.

" How's everything going? You aren't looking to good, " he stated, probably noticing the dark circles around my eyes earned from staying up late to try to keep track of out spending.

I sighed and closed my eyes, shaking my head.

" Do you need any help? I take care of 14 kids you know, " he said with a chuckle.

" Thanks, but it's all just bills and all that, " I said, trying to sit up, but feeling my head start hurting again.

" I can help you if you want, I'm pretty skilled with this stuff, " he patted my hand and smiled, showing off his dimples proudly.

" Are you sure? " I asked him, still unsure.

" Umma knows best! " he laughed and stood up.

" Well, Zhou Mi's trying to take care of the bills right now, so you can go help him if you want. Thanks, " I smiled brightly at him as he left the room.

I relaxed into the bed and closed my eyes, finally able to get some rest.

~~{Zhou Mi's POV}~~

I sat at the kitchen table with the bills. I looked at them for a long time, not sure what to do.

It seemed really confusing to me. These bills were a lot different than the ones I had to pay for my credit card after a shopping spree.

" Appa! " Jian shouted, jumping up into the seat beside me. " What are you doing? "

" Bills, lots of bills, " I said blandly.

" Yikes! That looks like a lot of work! " he said, grabbing one of envelopes and examining it.

" It is, and that's why I'm doing it, " I stated, taking the envelope out of his hand.

" That doesn't make sense! Why would you want to do something that's a lot of work? "

" I'm doing it for your mother. She was doing the bills, and she needs a rest, " I said as Leeteuk walked in.

" Can I help you appa? " Jian asked, leaning over to look at the other bills.

" And me too? " Leeteuk chimed in, pulling out a chair to sit down.

" Thanks, I can use all the help I can get, " I said, mostly to Leeteuk. He grabbed one of the bills and looked over it.

" Oh, this will be easy, do you have your check book? " said with a chuckle before looking at me with a serious look.

" Kay has it, " I said.

" I'll get it! " Jian cheered, jumping out of his seat. For a 10 year old, he still had a lot of hyper-active energy.

He ran up the stairs and soon returned with Kay's striped check book.

" Tada! " he said cheerfully, setting it down in front of me.

" Thank you JJ, " I said. I opened up the check book, still not sure what to do.

I looked at Leeteuk for help.

He laughed and grabbed the check book and one of the bills, starting it for me.

I smiled and watched carefully, willing to learn how to pay bills for Kay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So, here it is! An update!! It may be late, but it's still here!

I hope you liked it! I'm running out of ideas, so please please please tell me if you have any!

I need to think how this is going to end... it's already got 18 chapters...

Hopefully I'll be able to update more often, but my internet is really slow right now....

Anyways!

Comment, Subscribe, Support~

And no silent readers!!