Gucci Destiny

Gucci Destiny

 

            You were shopping in the mall one bright, sunny day when you passed by the Gucci store. You went inside to look at their bags when you saw a messy-haired guy lingering by the men’s section. You picked your bag of choice and went to the counter to pay it. You noticed that the messy-haired guy was watching you closely with his strikingly awesome eyes…..and eye bags. He got behind you in the line just as the person before you was paying. After you paid for your bag, your coin purse split open and all your coins rolled everywhere. As you reached out for the last coin, a stranger’s hand grabbed it and handed it to you. When you raised your head to thank your helper, the messy-haired, heavy eye bagged guy’s face flooded your vision.

“Here.” He says, cracking a smile.

Your eyes met. He looks so cute, you thought.

                “Thank you.” You say.

                Your hands touched when he handed you the coin. An electric current coursed throughout your body as your flesh made contact with his.

                “I’m Tao by the way. Huang Zitao.”

                “I’m Maira. Maira Lee.” You say as the two of you grabbed each other’s packages and stood up to leave.

                “Nice meeting you too Maira.” While flashing that little cute smile of his.

                “Nice meeting you too.” You say as you walked out the door……into the pouring rain.

                “Crap! I forgot to bring my umbrella with me today. What a wonderful timing.” You thought as you watch the thundering gray skies send down bucketfuls of freezing cold water down to earth.

                “Ummmm...excuse me, would you mind if I share my umbrella with you? You look like you really need one..”

                You turn around, only to face messy-haired Tao smiling sheepishly at you...and blushing like a cute baby panda.

                “Su....su...sure!” you stutter, unable to find the right words to say because his blushing face is cute enough to send you to heaven. He opened his umbrella and both of you got under it. You were so close that you can literally feel the heat emanating from his body.

                “So, where to, Maira?”

                “Oh, my apartment’s nearby, you can drop me off there. Thanks a lot by the way, you really helped me out today. I’m sorry if I’m bothering you or something.” You say.

                “Nahhh! It’s alright,really. I like helping out cu...I mean, I like helping out girls like you. Lead the way then princess...” he said.

                You began to walk down the street and you got more conscious of yourself by the minute. You can feel his eyes at you but he looks away every time you look at him. When you were turning at the corner, a rushing bicycle sped by that caused Tao to pull you closer to him so you won’t get hurt. Your heart skipped a beat when you felt his strong arms wrap around you, protecting you from harm. Both of you stayed in that position for a long...long...time. Just kidding. That was just like a minute.

                “I’m sorry!” you both apologized at the same time.

                Your heart was still beating really fast when he told you to continue walking. The next few minutes seem to feel like heaven to you. That’s because, duh, you’re sharing an umbrella with the most gorgeous guy in the world and your shoulders kept on bumping each other.

                “So, where do we go next?” His voice pulled you back to reality.

                “Oh, we’re here.” You rummaged inside your bag for keys and unlocked the door. You face him to say goodbye.

                “I guess this is goodbye then. Thanks for everything you did for me today” you say.

                Tao cracked his ‘heavenly’ smile again. “Sure! No problem!”

                “Goodbye! Nice meeting you Tao.”

                “Nice meeting you too Maira. Goodbye. Take care.”

                As you close the door, you saw Tao giving you a wink. Your chest suddenly felt as if it was going to explode. You remembered your just-bought-Gucci bag and rummaged through the plastic packaging and found a man’s bag inside.

                “Oh crap! We switched bags!” You curse as you grab an umbrella and rushed out of the apartment to find him. Your eyes raked the streets for any sign of him but you found nothing. At last you gave up and decided to go back to your apartment when.....

                “Looking for this?” Tao’s wonderful voice filled your ears. You turn around to see him holding out his plastic bag (which is where your bag is) and smiling like a little kid.

                “Hey.” You say

                “Hey.” He says

                “Ummm..Thanks” you exchanged your plastic bag with his.

                “You’re welcome.” He smiles as he said these words

                “So...I’ll be going then.” You turn around and headed back to your apartment. Once you got inside your room, you jumped on your bed, covered your face with your pillow and screamed like a crazy fan girl.

                “Ahhhh...I should’ve asked for his number.” You say to yourself. You thought of all the stuff that happened that day and sighed. “I hope I can see him again.”

                You remembered his smile and you smiled. Finally deciding to check on your newly purchased bag, you sit up and picked up the said bag, turned it over to check for damage and stuff. Then out of nowhere, a little piece of paper fell out. And it read...

 

‘Hi Maira! I really think you’re cute J

-Tao

PS: Here’s my number,

0xxxxxxxxxx’