I Always Need You, Just Like You Need Me

Wherever You Are

Kiseop had known this day would come for a while, ever since Jaeseop had come to them with the new lyrics and revealed his decision to go to Columbia. Although he had cried when he heard the news, and thought the song was unbelievably appropriate for their situation, Kiseop was happy for Jaeseop. His genius Jaeseop...he didn't have any right to try to make Jaeseop stay, or to be angry or disappointed, the decision was good for Jaeseop, smart even. But it didn't really feel real, not with him still standing beside him with a smile on his face everyday.

And then their last concert in Japan came. Everyone was so emotional, Soohyun couldn't even sing half the time, but Kiseop refused to cry. He couldn't make Jaeseop feel even worse for leaving. Plus, it was only for about five months, how pathetic would it be for him to cry like it was forever? It was only temporary. He could hold in his feelings and stay strong for Jaeseop. Most importantly, Kiseop had to remember to cheer his boyfriend on.

That's why he had to leave stage quickly and get changed before the dam broke to spill his tears for everyone to see. Kiseop wasn't naive enough to think his absence wouldn't change anything. It would change everything. U-KISS hadn't been a six member group since early 2009, and with Kibum and Xander's departure still so fresh in everyone's hearts, Kiseop knew there would be tension among the group. Even if it was only for six months, the hole Jaeseop would be leaving would be as conspicuous as Kevin and Soohyun's fan service, but more difficult to ignore.

Making it into their shared dorm room and locking it, Kiseop fell face first into his pillows, the fabric soaking the large tears spilling from his eyes. He couldn't deny it anymore, he would miss Jaeseop severely.

Moments later, a soft knock came at the door, "Kiseop, will you let me in?" Although his voice was cracking and tear-filled, Kiseop could tell without a doubt that the person at the door was Jaeseop.

Debating momentarily, Kiseop furiously wiped away his tears and moved to let Jaeseop into their room. As soon as the door opened, Kiseop was pressed into Jaeseop's warm chest tight. "Mianae, Kiseop, I know you're upset, but it's not forever."

"But, with everyday that passes, it will feel like years." Kiseop mumbled, wanting to share his actual feelings, but only ever to Jaeseop. His Jaeseop.

"You sound like you're auditioning for a drama." Jaeseop joked, rubbing Kiseop's back for comfort, "...but I know what you're feeling. It won't be easy for either of us..."

"I'll miss you, Jaeseop-ah..." Kiseop murmured, taking in Jaeseop's scent at his neck, while Jaeseop pressed his face into Kiseop's hair.

"I'll miss you, too, hyung..." Jaeseop answered back. "But, no matter what, I'll always be in touch with you. Even if it's only for a few minutes, we'll never go a day without hearing each others' voices."

"You better keep to that, or I'll...I'll..."

"Can't think of a threat?" Jaeseop smiled wide, finally pulling back from their long embrace.

Reluctantly, Kiseop let go of Jaeseop, "Or else you won't get a welcome back kiss." Kiseop stuck his tongue out at Jaeseop, which the tall rapper found utterly adorable.

"Oh, no! How would I ever survive?" Jaeseop let out dramatically with his hand over his heart.

"I don't think you will." Kiseop nodded once, crossing his arms, "So you better call everyday, mister." With that, Kiseop poked Jaeseop's chest and glared playfully.

"I promise, I will." Jaeseop grabbed Kiseop's wrist and pulled him back in, this time to place a soft kiss on the dancer's waiting lips. It was quick, but it said everything it needed to, it conveyed all the emotion necessary.

"I love you." Jaeseop whispered, placing his forehead onto the shorter male's head.

"Nado saranghae." Kiseop replied. And just like that, Kiseop felt reassured, as did Jaeseop.

Funny how a simple confirmation of love can ease one's worries.

...

Kiseop bounced in his seat, antsy and impatient, after waiting five months for this moment, he felt like he would explode if he waited another two seconds. "Calm down, Kiseop," Kevin laughed, placing a hand down hard on Kiseop's thigh to stop its nervous bouncing, "we'll see him soon."

But, upon their arrival at the airport terminal, they saw that Jaeseop's plane had been delayed.

"Two whole hours?!" Kiseop shouted, louder than he had ever spoken before. Soohyun laughed, placing his dongsaeng in a loving headlock and ruffling his hair, "Be chill, loverboy, it's not that long."

"Yes it is." Kiseop moaned.

Jaeseop's return date had been kept super secret to everyone, so the airport wasn't swarming with excited fans and reporters, Kiseop was glad for this, as it meant their reuniting could be quiet, more intimate.

Hoon was the first to sit on a rather uncomfortable looking blue chair, crossing his legs and looking composed as ever. Soohyun followed suit. Kiseop didn't get it, how could they be so relaxed at a time like this? Jaeseop, whom they haven't seen in almost six months, was finally coming back. How come they weren't ecstatic?

With a nonsensical exclamation, Kiseop began wandering around the terminal, looking around at all the random shops littering the long hall. He saw food places, music shops, toy and game kiosks, and just a random suvionier gift shop. Generally, Kiseop despised spending money on useless things, especially when he had a choice. Kevin bullying into buying lunch did not count as a choice. But, as Kiseop passed a plush cat in the window, he couldn't resist. It was like a miniature Jaeseop. Big, brown eyes, a mouth that seemed perpetually curved into a smile, and even the tiny, cute nose for some odd reason. If Kiseop had to imagine what kind of cat Jaeseop would be, it would be a white on with large splotches of brown and black all over its body. And fuzzy, really, really fuzzy. Kiseop smiled and squeezed his new purchase tightly to his chest, imagining it was Jaeseop.

Rubbing the stuffed cat to his cheek as he walked back, Kiseop grew restless again. Since there was no way he could sit down and keep sane, Kiseop began pacing across the other five members, lounging lazily across the chairs. Hugging Seoppie-cat to his chest possessively, Kiseop stared at the gate Jaeseop would arrive through intently.

...

Jaeseop checked his watch for what seemed like the millionth time in the last hour and sighed. Twenty minutes. Twenty minutes that would seem like twenty years.

All that time away from his best friends was tough, and often times he found it difficult to study properly, or even pay attention in class. He would miss entire sections of lectures while his mind drifted to the six, mostly to Kiseop. He never expected it to be so hard to be away from him, how hard he would miss his touch, his laugh, his lips. His everything.

Even if he wanted to, Jaeseop couldn't bring himself to break his promise, even if he had to take up time from his lunch to reach Kiseop as he was about to go to sleep to not interrupt any schedules. Or if he had to stay up late to hear from his boyfriend as he was waking up, even if he had class early in the morning. Even if he was tired the next day, even if he didn't get to eat his whole meal. All because he needed was to hear his voice, his sweet hello and his pouting farewell. Even if his heart ached even more after their conversations, even if he wanted to just cry out of loneliness. No matter what, Jaeseop could not break his promise.

Besides, no matter what stress from exams or pain from loneliness he felt, Kiseop's voice instantly cured all of it.

Jaeseop hadn't realized his foot had been tapping impatiently until he noticed his annoyed neighbor. He apologized quickly and tried with all his might to stop fidgeting, which only seemed to become more impossible as the minutes ticked pass.

Jaeseop smiled to know he'd see Kiseop in less than ten minutes, if he included the walk from the gate to the terminal.

Suddenly, that walk seemed like miles.


Finally, Kiseop could see Jaeseop's head bobbing through the crowd of travelers and tourists. Finally, their eyes met. In his excited rush, Kiseop almost threw Seoppie to the ground as he began to practically sprint to Jaeseop.

They collided with a laughing crash as Kiseop's legs wrapped around Jaeseop's waist and embraced each other tightly, as if they wanted to break the other in two. They didn't need words, their pounding hearts and radiant smiles said it all. Jaeseop spun in a small circle with their foreheads pressed together, just smiling.

"Just kiss already!" Dongho shouted, making the couple turn their heads toward the maknae with soft glares. Kevin nudged Dongho harshly in the ribs for having ruined the moment. From the looks of it, Kevin had been hanging onto every second of it, too.

Jaeseop laughed once more and placed a quick kiss on Kiseop's cheek. The older turned his face back with a blush and released his legs' grip around Jaeseop and shyly looked to the ground.

"Yah...why are you embarrassed now?" Jaeseop put a finger under Kiseop's chin to lift his face back towards his own. That's when Jaeseop noticed the tears and quickly held Kiseop's face in his hands to wipe them away, "Y-yah!" Jaeseop panicked, "Why are you crying?"

"I'm so glad you're back." Kiseop cried, burying his face deeply in his lover's chest. "I missed you so, so much..."

"I missed you, too, Kissippie." Jaeseop hugged back just as tightly while hiding his own tears of joy in Kiseop's hair.

That's when he noticed the small plush cat lying forgotten at their feet. "What's with the cat?" Jaeseop asked, knitting his eyebrows together in confusion. Kiseop merely responded with a laugh and a light squeeze, leaving Jaeseop bemused.

 

^//-\\^ Ah.....2Seop.

I tried my hardest not to make it sad, and it worked!!! Maybe I'll make a sad one about it. Because, since Jaeseop will be in New York, there will be no 2Seop for 5 MONTHS. TT^TT TT^TT

Go, Jaeseop~!

We must always cheer on our oppas. ^-^