Board Games with Kyuhyun

Board Games with Kyuhyun [ONE-SHOT]

 

“It’s your turn!” a familiar voice broke through your thoughts.  You looked up to see his expectant face.  “Truth or dare?” he demanded, sticking his face right in yours.

                “Oh my gosh, fine!” you exclaimed, pushing his head away with a smile. 

                Miraculously, Super Junior’s dorm was empty today, except for you and your long-time friend, Kyuhyun.  You had been visiting Seoul for a few weeks with your family, and you just had to contact Kyu.  This was the fourth or fifth time you had seen him so far; he was busy with his schedule, and your parents insisted on taking you on college visits and sight-seeing. 

                “Truth or dare, Yoona?” he repeated.

                “Umm…dare!” you decided.

                From his seat on the ground next to you, Kyuhyun smirked over his clasped hands.  You automatically regretted choosing dare.  He wasn’t given the name “the evil maknae” for nothing! 

                “I dare you…” he paused while he mentally debated, “Put a pair of Eunhyuk’s underwear on your head and run around the dorm dancing!”

                “Eww!  That’s gross!” you protested.

                “You have to do it!  You lost the round!”   He smirked again, and you sighed your defeat.  He was referring to the game you two were currently engaged in.  You had come up with it when you were kids.  It was an intense combination of checkers, chess, a Scooby-Doo board game- one of your personal favorites-, and Mancala.  It was called…Flick-O-Rama. And it was brilliant. 

                Each time a person flicked one of their soldiers off the board and into the “pit of burning lava”, they lost the round.  If they lost the round, they had to take a truth or dare.  You were currently on your third truth or dare.  Needless to say, Kyuhyun was wiping the floor with you in Flick-O-Rama. 

                You gulped down your emotions and ran to Eunhyuk’s room, rifling through the drawers until you found the…underwear drawer.  “These better be clean!” you called out to your partner.

                “All I can say is: Choose well!” Kyuhyun said in response, already trying to hold in his laughter.

                You squeezed your eyes shut and gingerly plucked a pair out.  You took a deep breath and pulled them on top of your head, covering your hair.  The shorts flapped like ears as you ran out of the room and down the hall, into the living room. 

                “Dance!” Kyuhyun reminded you sternly. 

                You glared, shaking your fist at him from across the room.  But, you did as he said, and you began dancing like a madman around the living room, jumping on the couches. 

                Kyuhyun was rolling on the floor in fits of laughter, and you had to admit you’d be doing the same if you were in his position.  Unfortunately, you were the one with the underwear on your head, making a total fool of yourself, so the situation wasn’t as funny from your point of view.  Unable to bear it anymore, you yanked the boxers off your head and threw them back down the hallway.  You launched yourself at Kyuhyun, playfully punching and slapping until he stopped laughing at your expense.  He just laughed harder as you straddled him and hit his shoulders.  “Come on!  Let’s just keep playing the game!” you whined. 

                He pushed you off him, sitting up and wiping tears from his eyes.  “Haha you just looked so funny!  With his boxers…!” he trailed off as the memory brought another bout of laughter. 

                This time you just sat down with a huff on your side of the game board, waiting it out.  Finally, he regained control and came back to the game.  “Sorry…” he apologized with a smile, “Now where were we?”

                “Since I lost, it’s my turn,” you told him as you prepared to flick your soldier- a Mancala marble- into Kyuhyun’s territory. 

                “You know?  You’re my favorite childhood friend,” he told you suddenly, making you lose your concentration and hit the marble at the wrong angle, causing it to spin the wrong way. 

                “Ugh! Kyu!  Look what you made me do!” you groaned.  Rolling your eyes you added, “And I was your only childhood friend.  No one else wanted to put up with your evilness!”

                He chuckled and took his turn, flicking his piece across the dividing line and into my territory.  “Be careful, Yoona.  I’m coming for your queen this time!” he warned me, gesturing to your Scooby-Doo villain piece, set up at the far back of my side of the board.   “And that is so not true!”

                You gave him a look.  

                “Okay.  It’s kind of true,” he conceded, “Thanks for being a great friend, Yoona.”

                “It’s been my pleasure,” you told him truthfully.  Ruining the moment, you added spitefully, “And about that queen of mine, I wouldn’t be too confident yet!”

                His move had left his marble right in the view of one of yours.  You waggled my eyebrows at his worried expression and prepared to shoot.   You flicked your game piece hard at his, but it went wide, and instead flew off the board, landing on the carpet.  “NO!” you exclaimed, “It was the perfect shot!”

                “And you know what that means…” he chuckled, “Truth or dare?”

                “Umm…I feel like I’m going to regret this…but dare?” you said it like a question.

                He smirked to himself again, and you got a bad feeling in your stomach.   What would it be this time?  He went against all your expectations when he said…

                “Kiss me.”

                Your jaw dropped. 

                “Wha- what?” you stammered, cheeks already reddening. 

                “You heard me.”  He smirked again, crawling closer. 

                You screamed and leapt up, running for the kitchen, snatching a pillow off the couch to defend yourself with.   He grabbed one too and set off after you, making obnoxious kissing noises as he followed you.   “You have to do it!” he sang, entering the kitchen just after you. 

                You shrieked again and ducked around to the other side of the kitchen island.  You started left, and he started the same way.  You tried the other way, but he was too fast.  You were trapped.   Taking a courageous breath, you let out a battle cry and ran straight for his chest. 

                When you were kids, this would have worked.  You probably would have knocked him off balance enough to get around him and find safety.  But he had grown a bit since you had last tried this, so the result was not what you had hoped. 

                You ran smack into his chest, and he wrapped his arms around you.  “Gotcha!” he exclaimed triumphantly. 

                You hit him with your fists, but to no avail.  He had won.  “Okay, okay. You win.  Now let me go,” you tried. 

                “Nope.”

                There was a second of silence, and his grip around your back didn’t lessen. 

                “At least, not until you go through with that dare.”

                You gulped and looked up at him.  You were so close.  His gaze met yours, and you could see something different in his eyes.  Something…warm and soft.  Something you liked.   Something you loved.  Hesitantly, you stood on your tiptoes, moving even closer. 

                Time seemed to slow as he moved to meet your head with his, pressing your lips together.  His hands moved to your waist, letting his pillow fall to the ground.  You did the same with yours and slowly lifted your arms to lock around his neck.  The kiss deepened, and you felt your knees go weak.  His grip tightened around your waist, and he held you against him firmly. 

                When you finally pulled back, both of you were breathing heavily.  Slowly, a smile overtook your face as you stared up at him. 

                “Do you still regret taking that dare?” he whispered, his face oh so close to yours.

                “Stop talking,” you told him, and his eyes widened.  Chuckling to yourself at his cute expression, you returned to your tiptoes and kissed him again.  He returned the kiss, and you knew in your heart that this was the best game of Flick-O-Rama that you had ever played.

 

Author's Note: hehehehe....I could totally see this in my head :) Sorry about the random game that I'm sure none of you got.  It's actually something my brother and I came up with a couple summers ago.  So it does exist!!  At least in my house haha!  Comment and stuff and let me know what you think!! I love writing one-shots!  <3  Or...if you want me to write you a one-shot, I would freaking LOVE that.... just a suggestion :D  

UPDATE: For the requests, I will take any idol!  Even if I don't know very much about them, I will look them up!  Can you tell I really want requests? hahah :)