The Book Store

Books

Lee Hyukjae, or as you may know as, Eunhyuk, sighed to himself rather heavily as he sat lazily on the chair, he was so bored right now. At the moment, he was taking care of his family's book store. It wasn't a big book store or anything, just a seemingly small one located at the end of the lonely yet peaceful street. Not many people came to visit the book store or buy things, but they made enough money to live a good life. And for the 5 hours Eunhyuk has sat in the book store and behind the counter, not a single person has bought anything. Yes, there were some people did actually enter the shop, but nobody who had entered had bought anything.

Eunhyuk questioned whether he should just leave or not. It's not like anyone would enter any time soon. And even if someone did enter the store, it was highly unlikely that they would get robbed. After all, it was just a book store. Not to mention the fact they hardly had anything in their cash register. What was the point of waiting around? He knew though, his parents would be very disappointed if he left the store unsupervised. Thus, Eunhyuk forced himself to stay and watch what would happen.

Suddenly, the door of the book store opened with a figure standing behind it. Eunhyuk didn't really care though, it didn't seem too interesting for him. But then, to see who the person was, Eunhyuk looked up and widened his eyes. There, right in front of him, stood an absolutely beautiful boy. The boy who entered the store had dark chocolate hair, pale yet bright skin, round and almond shaped eyes, pink lips and rosy cheeks. It was very clear that the boy was younger than him. At the moment, Eunhyuk was 19. And estimating, the boy was about 17. Eunhyuk felt his heart skip a beat. Maybe, it was a good thing Eunhyuk didn't leave yet.

"...Um... is this the book store?" The boy asked Eunhyuk hesitantly, Eunhyuk simply nodded. It seemed that the boy's appearance had shocked him so much that he couldn't talk. Eunhyuk listened carefully, the boy's words ringing in his head. His voice was soft and gentle, even more soothing than a mother's sweet lullaby. The boy didn't seem to notice the way he was being stared at and quickly bowed before walking off to another section of the store.

Eunhyuk simply stared at the boy without being noticed from behind the counter, finding the boy's looks completely and utterly astonishing. He had never seen someone so handsome. Eunhyuk watched shyly as the boy's eyes searched all the columns, trying to find some sort of book. After about 5 minutes, it had seemed that the boy had finally found the book he was looking for. But the only  problem was, it was on the very top shelf. Eunhyuk watched the boy stand up on his toes, trying to reach the book on the top shelf. The son of the book store's owner, Eunhyuk, really didn't know what to do. He knew himself, he wasn't tall rnough to reach it.

With a defeated sigh, the boy stopped trying. He gave a sad look at the ground and turned his head away from the shelf.

"... I'll come back next time." The boy muttered as he walked out the door.

Never once had Eunhyuk wanted someone to visit the book store until now.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunhyuk, age now 20 sighed to himself (A year has passed), another man was waiting in the book store. Yes, a man. Another man. Just like before, a strange and random man was waiting in the book store. And who were they waiting for? Of course, they were waiting for that boy to show up again. Eunhyuk had found out a year ago that the boy had just moved to his neighbourhood. His reputation spread like wildfire, and so did his name. His name was found out to be Cho Kyuhyun. Many things had become known about his family. Things like his Appa owned a school in Taiwan, his Umma owned an art academy and his noona studied abroad in Austria and England.

And occasionally, when Eunhyuk was going outside with his other friends, Kyuhyun would pass them by. Even his friends had to admit it, Kyuhyun was a very pretty boy. It also became known that Kyuhyun loved to read and often came to this shop. Truthfully, Eunhyuk's family had made more money since that fact became well known. Although, Eunhyuk hated it when they would randomly come into the shop just to stare at Kyuhyun and ask him out on a date right in front of him. But of course, for some reason, Kyuhyun rejected every one of them. Even the richest and most popular guy (besides Kyuhyun) in the neighbourhood.

As much as Eunhyuk hated to admit it, he had fallen in love with Kyuhyun. He had no idea why though. Even without ever speaking a single word besides 'Would you like something else?' and 'Have a nice day', Eunhyuk had never spoken to Kyuhyun. But somehow, he was hypnotized. Maybe it was simply because of the fact that every time Kyuhyun purchased a book, he would smile ever so happily and thank Eunhyuk. Maybe it was because of the way Kyuhyun would laugh as he read comic books in the corner even though he wasn't supposed too (you would usually get kicked out of a book store if you only read without buying anything). Maybe it was because of the way Kyuhyun would gently turn down all offers of dating from other men. Eunhyuk wasn't sure, but he didn't wish to have an answer.

Eunhyuk had figured, after seeing his love Kyuhyun reject so many other men, he would be rejected just like they were. Many people, much more flattering than Eunhyuk (My Protective Rant About Beautiful Eunhyuk: Start: Why on Earth do people call Eunhyuk ugly? He's so handsome! He's my big brother's favourite Super Junior member! And personally, when I first saw Super Junior, he was the second most handsome person in the whole group (my first was Kyuhyun)! I really can't believe people saw such bad things about him! And now, Eunhyuk always feels self-conscious! Why??: My Protective Rant About Beautiful Eunhyuk :End). Eunhyuk thought that it would take a complete and utter miracle to happen. After all, it didn't seem likely that this utterly perfect person would want to go out with him of all people.

Soon enough, Kyuhyun entered the store. The man waiting gave a wicked smile. Eunhyuk silently glared at him, hoping he would do anything. And just like every other time, the flower boy Kyuhyun went and reached up for the book on the highest shelf. Eunhyuk really didn't understand why, but the books Kyuhyun wanted always seemed to be on the very top shelf.

"Would you like help?" Asked the man. Kyuhyun didn't seem to have a pleased expression on his face. Not that the man seemed to notice, he was too busy looking Kyuhyun's body up and down.

"...No thanks." Kyuhyun rejected, the man frowned as Eunhyuk smiled.

"Come on, I'll get it for you." The man pried, getting the book.

"I said no thanks." Kyuhyun repeated in a slightly annoyed manner.

"Here." The man offered the book.

"I don't want it anymore." Kyuhyun replied with a bitter expression.

"If you don't want the book, do you want me instead?" The man asked with an arrogant attitude.

"I would prefer it if the both of you stayed away from me. Thank you very much." Kyuhyun muttered.

"Come on." The man repeated.

"Hey, he's not interested. I don't like it when people disturb my customers. Either buy a book or leave." Eunhyuk demanded. He couldn't see the smile playing on Kyuhyun's lips. Whenever a man was annoying Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk would chase them away. Of course, Kyuhyun always thanked Eunhyuk afterwards. Eunhyuk would then simply bow. Those times would have been the best times to talk to Kyuhyun. But for some reason, Eunhyuk wasn't able to reply to Kyuhyun's words.

"What makes you think you can kick me out?" The man asked.

"Well, this store has video cameras. I could easily send footage of you doing something to the police." Eunhyuk retorted smartly. Kyuhyun gave a silent giggle.

"... Damn it. I'll be back..." The man grumbled.

"Thank you~" Kyuhyun sang in a thankful tone, giving Eunhyuk a sweet smile. Eunhyuk simply blushed and bowed slightly, Kyuhyun turned his head and walked back to a certain section of the shop.

After a couple minutes, Kyuhyun spoke to Eunhyuk.

"...Excuse me, could you please help me get this book? I can't reach it." Asked Kyuhyun, stretching his fingers up, hoping to get the book. Eunhyuk stared at Kyuhyun and hesitantly spoke. Eunhyuk wished he were able to reach up and get the book. After all, when that man offered to get it, Kyuhyun refused. But for some reason, Kyuhyun was asking him to get it personally. Oh, how Eunhyuk wished to be taller.

"...I'm very sorry, but I'm not tall enough to reach that book. If you can't get it, then I obviously can't." Eunhyuk told Kyuhyun as his mouth went dry. All of a sudden, Kyuhyun stopped trying to get the book.

Instead, Kyuhyun grabbed a random book from one of the shelves he could actually reach. He then took the book in a rushed, approached Eunhyuk and dropped the book at Eunhyuk's feet purposely.

"... So... Could you please help me pick up this book?" Kyuhyun asked. Eunhyuk stared at Kyuhyun in surprise as Kyuhyun simply gazed back with seemingly hopeful eyes.

"H-Here." Eunhyuk stuttered, bending down to pick up the book and handing it to Kyuhyun. And then, Kyuhyun gave Eunhyuk the sweetest and most loveable smile he had ever seen.

"Thank you. My name is Cho Kyuhyun." Kyuhyun smiled.

"I-I'm Lee Hyukjae. But all my other friends call me Eunhyuk." Eunhyuk replied hesitantly.

"Um... do you want to... meet up sometimes?" Kyuhyun asked rather shyly, Eunhyuk's eyes widened.

"Y-Yes." Eunhyuk replied almost instantly.

"Really? When?" Kyuhyun asked with a bashful smile.

"Um..." Eunhyuk thought for a second.

"Actually, I think I'll just stay here with you right now." Kyuhyun then replied happily.

"Huh? Um... You can if you want." Eunhyuk spoke.

Kyuhyun simply grinned.

...
...
...


"I... think you have a really pretty smile."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finished! By the way, at the end, Kyuhyun was meant to say, 'I love you'. But since I thought Kyuhyun would be shy about it, I decided to change it so he seemed different~ So... should I write a sequel? Ah, my Kyuhyuk mode is activated today~