Your Entire Fault

Forever or Never

 

The rope was bound so tight that it was leaving the skin of his wrists raw and stinging. Yet, he proceeded to try and twist his hands away from each other in attempt of snapping the ropes that had restrained him. After the fourth try, his hands were bleeding and the men in front of him were looking at him in a mixture of pity and amusement. He turned his head to the man perched on the rickety, wooden stool and hoped to convey his message with his blazing eyes. Why am I back here? What do you want from me? You know I wanted no part- The man jumped off the stool, and he skipped toward him with a bounce in his step that was about as irritating as the half smirk that adorned his face. He finally saw the face in view, and grimaced. The man’s smirk curved all the way up his face when he saw the utter disgust of Taemin’s face.

“Y-you…why...you said…no more.” Taemin’s hands were shaking out of an array of colors that seemed to fog his vision. Anger, disbelief, and fear were slowly creeping up his face.

“Are you so excited to hear from me that you can’t even form coherent words, Taeminnie?” The man’s words were bemused and challenging as he played with the strands of Taemin’s hair. Taemin felt rage couse through his veins. He was so frustrated that he didn't even hear what the man was saying. He just wanted out of the memories of this familar basement and everything he thought he left behing to rot in hell. Memories were invvoluntarily pulsing through his head and were mixing with the present. He started choking as he saw water, so much water, and faces swimming within it; cursing him and their words pushing him farther into the water. It took a scratch to the lip to bring him back to the present. The man just grinned wider and sighed as he grazed his fingers across Taemin's nose.

Taemin growled through the gag that one of the lackeys had shoved into his mouth and yanked his head away from the man’s scratching fingernails. The bemused smile on the other’s face melted away immediately, and he pursed his lips.

“Well, I was hoping you wouldn’t be so difficult. But then again, that was always part of your charm.” The man was now holding Taemin’s chin up so he could see the endless flames that were to engulf him if Taemin could get rid of these damn ropes. Taemin spit at his chin, and he momentarily saw a flash of red in eyes reflecting his own. But, the man quickly composed himself and dragged his forearm across his chin. He turned around and paced circles onto the basement floor.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 “No wonder you get yourself into trouble so easily. Always doing before thinking; even that day, if you had thought before doing maybe nobody would’ve died. In a way, it was your entire fault. Am I right?” The man looked over his shoulder, and double turned back to Taemin. Taemin had no time to react as he felt his ribs break the impact of a steel toed boot and suddenly saw plasma in front of his eyes. The man repeated his question, while Taemin was still recovering from his coughing fit. The man had gotten impatient and signaled to one of his men with his fingers. The last thing Taemin saw was a flash of shiny black and searing pain to his forehead.