You Deserve Better

You Deserve Better

 

"He did again, he betrayed me again," she said sadly as she took another shot of liquor, "Is he tired of me?"

Sanchez didn't say anything as he tightened his fist until his knuckles were white taking a shot himself he tried to not think of ways to kill that son of a .

"You didn't do anything wrong baby," Lena said as she patted her friend's back, "He's just a , he doesn't know what he has."

"You should leave him," he spat as he looked at her with an intense stare.

She let out a chuckle, "If I could, I would've. But it's hard."

"I don't get. How is it hard to leave someone like him? He's a total that doesn't know how to treat you right. He hits you Mina, he hits you for god's sake!"

"Don't yell, Chez," Lena said as she gave him a warning.

"I-I," he sighed and became quiet.

Mina looked at the two of her friends and she began to cry. "See, look what you did!" Lena took out some tissues and stared to wipe the younger girl's tears.

“It’s harder than you think,” Mina looked at Sanchez directly in the eyes, “I love him so much. If I ever leave him, I wouldn’t know what to do with myself. Even if he does these things, I can’t make myself leave him. I hold him too dear to my heart, even if he does things behind my back. I somehow forgive him without knowing. Sanchez, you need to love someone the way I do, to know what I’m talking about.”

But, I do love someone the same way you do, Sanchez thought, he closed his eyes and nodded, “I guess.”

Silence passed between the three for a couple of minutes until Mina spoke up again, “I think I should reinvent myself for him, I should dress the way the girls he brings home do. Maybe he’ll look at me the same way as he looks at them.” She nodded, “That’s what I shall do. Lena you want to go shopping with me tomorrow?” Sanchez frowned continuing to drink. Lena looked at her two friends and shook her head, she knew. One loved the other intensely while the other one was so oblivious to that fact, not knowing that there was someone in front of them that was way much better for them than the one they are with currently.  

“Sure, I mean, I don’t have work tomorrow.”

“That’s fantastic. Chez you wanna come?”

Sanchez shook his head, “I’m going to a group date that Hanhae has been begging me to go with him.”

“That’s great, maybe you’ll find someone.”

He nodded, “Sure.”

.

“This is cute, don’t you think?” Mina said as she put the dress to her body.

“Isn’t it too low cut?”

“Lena, it’s y, he loves y girls.”

“I liked it when you wore those sun dresses… cocktail dress…I don’t know…”

“I don’t have the body for it right?” Mina said a little down, “I should work out more or something, go on a diet.”

“It’s not that, it’s just, you suit the cute look more then the y look. You have a fabulous body, you’re the bagel girl. But you’re better with the cute look, the y look, makes me uncomfortable.”

 Mina looked at Lena with a confused expression, “Um.. okay? What about this one?”

“Th— that’s nice,” Lena said changing reply, it was no use in telling Mina that she was beautiful regardless if she dressed y or not. The girl was too insecure to even take compliments in.

“I’ll take it then!”

“Ok…”

.

Mina stared happily into the mirror as she ran her hands down her tight dress, "This will sure make him only look at me." Quickly applying her newly bought makeup she transformed into someone completely different. When she was done she slid on her six inch heels and stood up looking at herself again in the mirror. Smiling with content in her eyes she walked out of the room to be greeted by a prettily dressed Lena and an attractive looking Sanchez. They gawked at her, they could not even recognize her. She was a person that they had never seen before, she was completely different. She was not her beautiful self she was one of those fake looking girls that you could always find in the clubs, waiting to be picked up by a overly drunk man. Like a e.

"How do I look?" she asked smiling and then batting her fake lashes up and down.

"Y-you---" Lena couldn't even finish her sentence.

"I-I what?" 

"You look different," Sanchez said quickly.

Mina smiled, "Don't I? He's going to so love it don't you think?"

"I don't know," Lena said as she looked at Mina, "You’re going to get a lot of attention... Do you think that he'll like that?"

"He likes his girls flashy, I'm sure he'll like what I wear."

Sanchez shook his head I like you just the way you are... I don't get why you feel the need to change. You're beautiful regardless.

.

The three arrived at the night club, Mina was searching for her boyfriend as she danced with the music, “Where could he be?” she said loudly towards Sanchez who was nodding his head to the music and observing the place. He shrugged and moved towards the side before any girl could grind up on him. Mina followed with Lena who was helping her scan the room. When her eyes finally fell upon Mina’s boyfriend, her whole body started to heat up. Sanchez looked at Lena’s stiff and rigid body, turning his head and looking towards where she was looking he spotted the bastard. His eyes widened and his body started to shake, he was losing control.

“Where is he?” Mina said excited still not being able to find her boyfriend.

“He’s over there,” Sanchez, gritted through his teeth.

Mina looked over and her excitement was gone within a minute, she could feel her body turn warm and tears threatening to fall. Walking towards him without even excusing herself as she pushed through the crowd she finally stopped in front of her boyfriend, “You…”

Her boyfriend looked up at her and his eyes widened, he looked up and down at her, and a smile crept on his face, pushing the that was on his lap off he stood up. “Baby girl, you’re here.”

“H-How could you?”

“It’s not what it looked like baby girl,” he said as he pointed to the girl, “She was just telling me a secret and she happened to fall and trip onto my lap.”

“You’re a ing ,” Lena said showing up behind him, “After all she does for you, you treat her like .”

Sanchez stood behind them, trying not to let his anger get the better of him.

“Who are you to even tell what I should do or shouldn’t do to my girlfriend,” he said as he cocked his head to the side acting all arrogant.

“I thought that you said that last time was your last time,” Mina said, “…..I believed you.”

“Baby,” he said all insincere, “I was telling you the truth.”

Mina shook her head, “No, you weren’t… All you want are s that you can have one night stands with, you don’t want me. I can’t believe I tried to change for you.”

He scoffed, “I didn’t tell you to do that anyways, it was all you who did it.”

“I hate you…”

“Baby you loved me, that’s why you changed into a for me,” he looked at her up and down, “And I got to admit, you make a good one. You look way much better with little clothes then all those layers you use to wear... you used to look like those grannies.” The girls behind him laughed and he cocked his head to the side once more, his tongue slightly sticking out as he bared his teeth roaring with laughter.

“I saw her before, didn’t I baby?” a girl behind him spoke, “She’s the same girl that wore that ugly lime green one piece?”

 He nodded, “That’s her.”

“Damn girl, you really changed, now I can finally see some iness in you. You use to just look like a lump of flat meat, I didn’t know you had curves like that. Honey, why did you cheat on her with me? She’s a y .”

“That’s what you think, under the covers she just like a dead corpse, she can’t act y for . I admit she looks y now, but it’s just the lights. You’re way much better,” he turned and kissed the girl in the lips.

Mina felt humiliated and sadden by what he had said, so all this time this was how she was to him? Only a toy that was so ugly that it became cute and unable to be disposed of? She was about to turn around and flee the scene but when she did Sanchez stopped her. She looked up at him and he didn’t stare at her, he just looked passed her.

“You’re pathetic,” Sanchez said as he let out a small laugh, he’s eyes were murderous, “You have no taste what-so-ever. You have such a fine first class lady in front of you, but you settle for the cheap rated, no self esteem, no class girls. Looking at you, I can see why you couldn’t please yourself with Mina. Because you don’t know how, you don’t know how to please her therefore you couldn’t please yourself. That’s why you go for easy girls because they only want to please not be pleased.”  

“What are you talking about?”

“You never loved Mina for her did you? All you really loved was the fact that before she dated you, she was the girl that every man fantasized to be with; to sleep with. When you ‘won’ her, you thought that the grand prize was her body but it wasn’t what you expected. Instead you got a reserved girl that treated you well. I know men like you, you were looking for a one night stand, but it turned out to be something more than that. You wanted to leave but you couldn’t because she was the girl that would always get your back whenever you were in , the girl that could take your .”

Mina’s boy---- ex-boyfriend, scoffed, “You don’t know .”

“Really? I know you more than you think,” Sanchez said, “I told you I know men like you. You don’t deserve her, and thank god she’s leaving you. Then she could go and move on to find the man that would treat her like the princess she is, not like trash that she isn’t. Mina is a beautiful girl and for you to make her feel otherwise is just wrong. She is someone that deserve so much better.” Sanchez held Mina’s hand tightly, she just watched Sanchez as he looked down at her ex. She had never seen Sanchez like this he was always so calm and spoke very little. He was completely different when he was mad.

“Don’t act like you know ,” Mina’s ex stood up and tried to throw a punch but before he could touch Sanchez. Sanchez had already let go of your hand, moved you behind him and blocked his punch, then delivering a punch back, it landed right on the center of the other man’s face. Causing him to stumble back and howl in pain.

“You don’t deserve such luxury, you ing disgusting pig,” pulling Mina’s hand Sanchez walked away from the corner that they had just been at. Lena smiled as she watched Sanchez and Mina walk through the thick crowds, Way to go Chez my man! Go for it!

..

The two walked hand in hand away from the club, twenty minutes passed and none of them had spoken a word to each other. Nor did they let each other’s hands go.

..

When they stopped in front of Han River Mina finally spoke up, “Thank you so much Sanchez. What you did back there, I, I really appreciate it.”

Sanchez shook his head, “I was just speaking the truth.”

Mina nodded, and pulling a strand back from her face, for some reason after that ordeal and Sanchez standing up for her. She was feeling a bit self conscious and weird around him. It was like she was looking at him in a different light.

“Mina…”

“Hmm?”

He looked down at her and she looked up at him, he was shy and she could tell as his fair skin started to blush, “You know how I said that you would meet a man that would treat you better?” Mina nodded, she had no idea what he was trying to say, gesturing for him to continue she waited. “What would you think if I said I wanted to be that man…?” Mina stood there speechless, “Would you allow me that chance?”

“I don’t know Sanchez…”

Sanchez didn’t say anything as he nodded, “I’m sorry, you just came out of a relationship.”

“I don’t know if I deserve such a good man like you,” Mina frowned.

His eyes light up, and he smiled, “It should be the other way around, I don’t know if I have the rights to deserve someone like you Mina. You’re beautiful, caring, loving and you’re perfect.”

Mina smiled, “Really?”

“Yes.”

Mina felt tears forming, “No one has ever said that to me.”

“Well that’s what you are, and I’m going to be the one that will always tell you that. If you give me a chance…”

Mina thought for little bit, they’ve been friends for so long… It would be weird if they just started to go out… But Mina thought about the hour before, she smiled and placed her finger on her lips. “If we do… do you think… we can take this slow?”

“Of course we can,” Sanchez answered immediately and without even asking for permission Sanchez pulled Mina close and gave her the warmest hug she had ever gotten from a man in forever. Her body started to heat up and her heart started to pound, she was falling for Sanchez ever so slowly but surely. 

--

A/N - Sorry guys I didn't edit it, I'm to lazy too... Enjoy! (Sorry for the rushed ending)