I’ll Be The Wind Blowing By Your Side

Escorted By A Letter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

▬ Final Chapter: I'll Be The Wind, Blowing by Your Side ▬

 

 

My room was illuminated by the sun’s bright light one spring morning.

The window veils flew freely as the wind’s cold breeze entered and danced inside my bedroom. I reached for the warm blanket and covered my defenseless body from the morning air. I grumbled as I found myself unable to get back to my dreams due to the interruption made by nature itself.

“It’s cold,” I whispered under my breath.

After a few minutes, my body started to calm down and began to rid itself from the coldness as it eventually grew accustomed to the heat coming from the blanket mixed with my own, warm, body.

Ding, dong.

I heard the doorbell ring downstairs.

“Who would come here?” I grumbled and slowly sat up from my bed.

I have only lived here for two years. Never told anybody where I currently reside, not even my family or my friends. No one ever comes to this place since it was away from the city. You can say that I’m living in a quiet area; a calm place where I can clear my thoughts and not get distracted by the lies the world intimidates.

I stood up and put on a jacket as well as a hat before heading downstairs. I didn’t want anyone to know that I lived here. It would probably cause quite a commotion if words spread to where I came from.

I was quite famous, if I can say so myself. I was a part of the famous band INFINITE and I could already tell that if they found out, especially if it was a fan of mine, my serene life would crumble and I would be back on stage, dancing and singing for the rest of my life.

I didn’t want to go back to that hectic reality.

Ding dong. The doorbell rang again.

“Sheesh, this guy is persistent,” I hurried downstairs. “Coming!” I shrieked and reached for the doorknob.

A stout man greeted me as I opened the door. I noticed that he had a small package in his hand.

“Kim Myungsoo?” He asked.

“Yes.” I slowly reached for my hat and lowered it a bit, covering my face.

“This is for you.” He gave me the package and a letter from his pouch. “Please sign here.”

I took his pen and signed my name on the bottom right corner. After I signed the paper, the man thanked me and left, leaving me bewildered.

“What is this?” I stared at the package and the letter for a minute. “How did they know my name?”

I opened the letter and read it slowly. The more I read, the more surprised I became.

 

Myungsoo-ah,

How are you? You’re surprised right now, right? You’re probably wondering how and why I sent you this letter.

I was afraid you might forget me for what I have done to you.

 

“T-this…” I couldn’t believe it as tears began to fall down my cheeks.

 

How I knew your current address was because we discussed it together before, remember?

I wanted to see how you were doing so I sent this letter.

 

The very last sentence caught me off guard.

 

You don’t have to reply, just open the package.

~Your fiancée.

 

“Chaerin-ah…” I wiped away a tear and went over to the living room to open the package.

I sat on the couch lifelessly as I carefully unmasked the mysterious object inside. After a few seconds, I noticed that within the package was a single pink envelope. I cautiously slipped a finger on its seal and opened it to find another letter.

 

Myungsoo-ah,

After all these years, you might have questioned why I left you, right?

But before I answer that question, I want to remind you of the times we shared together.

I want to meet you where we met for the first time.

There, I might disclose my answer.

~Chaerin.

 

“Huh?” I grew puzzled.  “The place where we first met… ” I read again.  

I thought for a moment and suddenly I remembered where I had laid my eyes on her for the very first time.

“Maldives.”

I swiftly went upstairs to change out of my pajamas and grabbed a thicker jacket. I took my car keys from the drawer and headed outside.

 

══════ 

 

Once I finally arrived in Maldives, I immediately went inside the café.

“Welcome!” I heard a waitress say.

I pulled down my hat and just nodded.

“Are you here alone?” She asked.

“I’m meeting a friend. Lee Chaerin.” I told her.

“Ah, Chaerin-shi? Please follow me.”

She turned around and led me to an empty table inside the café.

“Please wait here for a moment.”

I nodded again and she left.

I looked around the place and smiled. “M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter