Cafeteria

The Organization - Another Look

 

Des set her tray of food next to Cho Kyuhyun and flopped down next to him.  She felt bad for laughing when they had introduced themselves and wanted to make sure they didn’t think it was directed at them.  Des felt a little strange doing so because usually she didn’t care what so ever, she figured it was just because Kyuhyun was so cute.  The girls were happy to know she had at least one female hormone in her.

Casey quickly hip bumped Zoey into a seat next to Yesung before plopping down next to Eunhyuk.  Zoey almost spilled her whole tray of food on the table as she flew into the seat, cursing to herself about being as small as she was.  She then blushed bright red when she noticed who she sat by.  Yesung smiled a little, growing a bit shy.  Des and Casey gave each other a high five from their position across from each other as Amalya took a seat next to Donghae.

“Hey guys,” Des said as she focused her attention onto Kyuhyun.  “How is your day going so far?”

“It’s been nice,” Kyu stated eyeing her a bit.  He had started to hear the rumors about her from other girls and was very curious if they were true or not.  She didn’t seem too violent, a bit loud though and she was amused easily but not mean.

“Well if you ever need anyone to show you around the school or even the city we are here to help,” Des said smiling.  “Take it as an apology for laughing this morning.  I hope you didn’t think I was laughing at you four.”

“We figured out pretty quickly what you were laughing at,” Kyu said as he smirked at Yesung and Zoey.

“Good,” Des said and started to take a few bites of the food on her tray.  “Oh, by the way, my name is Des, that’s Zoey, Casey and Amalya,” Des stated after she swallowed her first bite.

“Nice to meet you,” Kyuhyun said as the other guys agreed and bowed their heads a bit as a bow.  “So were you girls born in Korea?”

“Nah,” Des said as she took a sip of her water.  “We have been here for a few years though for different reasons.  My father is a Colonel in the military and he was stationed here.”

“My family has moved around a lot due to their work,” Amalya said, trying to make conversation.  When Zoey wasn’t being shy she usually talked more the Des, but Amalya and Casey were definitely the quiet ones of the group.  “They liked Korea the most so we stayed.”

“My family was killed in a Tornado back in the states and I had some other family here in Korea so I was shipped over,” Casey stated, taking a bite of bread she had.  Casey had never been close to her family, besides her mother, she had been devastated after her death.  She didn’t know why she decided to release that kind of information to the guys.  She chalked it up to trying to make them feel more comfortable.

“Oh, I am so sorry,” Eunhyuk said, shifting his eyes over to her.

Casey shrugged her shoulders and started to feel uncomfortable with all the attention focused on her.  She started to wish she never opened ; Eunhyuk seemed to be really upset by it. 

Amalya looked at Casey then quickly to Zoey.  Amalya was mentally shouting at Zoey to speak up because she caught Casey’s uneasiness quickly and wanted the guys to focus on someone else.  When Zoey didn’t open , Amalya lightly kicked her in the shin and gave her a glare.  Zoey started and looked wide eyed at Amalya quickly.

“Ow,” Zoey rubbed her shin then look at Yesung.  “My family was transferred here with my father’s job.  He works for a big tech company.”

“Is that why you have a lot of high tech stuff?” Yesung asked, turning his body a bit to look at Zoey. 

Zoey blushed slightly and nodded.  She wasn’t sure what to say, she mentally cursed again for being shy.  She wished she could be bold like Des or Kendra.  Then an idea came to her.  They hadn’t met Kendra yet so maybe if she talked about her she won’t feel so shy.  She always felt more comfortable when Kendra was around.  Zoey looked at Yesung with a smile and went to open when she was interrupted by the one guy in the world that she despised.

“Hey girlies,” came a beaming voice.

Des, Kyuhyun, Donghae and Amalya turned around to look at what the other four were staring at.  The boy standing with his arms folded across his chest.  He had a buzz cut and looked very strong.

“Aish,” Des said and turned back to her tray of food.  “What do you want, babo?”

The tall boy leaned over and placed his hands on the table between Des and Kyuhyun.  He looked at Des then to Kyuhyun with a glare.  Kyuhyun glanced up at him trying to figure out why he was glaring.

“Kangin,” Des said and pushed the boy to the side a bit.  “Don’t try to scare them.  Sit down you dope.”

“Just making sure he isn’t thinking bad thoughts,” Kangin said as he sat next to Des.

“You’re the only one thinking those things,” Zoey said, trying to glare at him, but glaring never worked on her childlike face.  Kangin raised an eye brow then started to laugh, bobbing his shoulders up and down.

“Are you…friends?” Kyuhyun asked, growing very confused.

“They are like brother and sister,” Casey said, taking another bite of her bread.  “Even though people think there is something more behind the scenes.”

“Don’t make me gag,” Des said putting a hand to .

“Hey, I am a handsome guy,” Kangin said with a charming smile.

“In your own mind,” Des said with a laugh as she turned her attention to Kyuhyun.  “He acts tough but he’s a big teddy bear inside.”

“I am not,” Kangin yelled, putting an arm around Des’s shoulders and pulled her back to him, ruffling her hair. 

Zoey pressed her lips together, her face flushing as she was starting to get angry.  She always felt Kangin was the reason Des was so hated by most of the girls in the school.  Kendra, Amalya and Casey found it amusing at times how they fought, always slipping into the brother sister roll even though neither had any siblings.  She watched as Des laughed and pushed Kangin off of her, the others at the table smiling or laughing a bit at Kangin as he pouted that she didn’t want to be near him.

“Kangin –ah,” came another male voice.  A plump boy, followed by a tall and built male, rushed over to him.  “Stop messing with Des, will ya!  Oh, hello,” he said as he noticed the others sitting there.  “I am Shindong and this is Siwon.  Sorry if Kangin is bothering you all, he is a little hyped right now.”

“When is he not?” Amalya asked, trying to seem annoyed but couldn’t hide the smile.  The three guys were fun to hang around at times.

After the group introduced themselves, they chatted for a bit, most laughing at Kangin’s jokes and Zoey started to lighten up a little.  She liked Siwon and Shindong out of the trio a lot more then Kangin but would admit that he was fun to have around sometimes.

Just as Kangin was getting into a funny story, the bell rang, signaling for the students to get back to their classes.  Saying their goodbyes, the groups parted, shouting back that they’d see everyone in gym class.  They liked their gym class, mostly because it was the last class of the day.

 

(A/N: I don’t know much about Korean school systems so I’m kinda intertwining Japanese and American into the mix.  If anyone does know how the Korean schools work, like do the students change classes (like in America) or do the teachers change classrooms (like in Japan)?  Sorry if this is boring at all, writing high school life right now is a lot easier for me since I am still dealing with a lot of stress at work.  Well as always thank you for reading!!!)