"Alien Housing Division on Earth" Intro

KPOP Series of Wonder

 

You were an only child living with your mother and father, who never seemed to care about you. The two of them always fight over the smallest things, and you didn’t dare try to stop them because you knew that they would use violence on you if they had to. One day you couldn’t stand the chaos going on in your home, so you grabbed your wallet, which you were preparing in case of emergencies like this, and you ran away. As you were walking along an old road that as far as you knew led to nowhere, you suddenly spotted the shape of a tall building in the ever-growing mist. As you got closer you read the sign on the building: Alien Housing Division on Earth. You were wondering what that could mean, but after a few moments you noticed in smaller writing: Hotel.

Perfect, you thought, maybe it’s one place I could fit into.

You walked closer towards the tall building. As the mist grew thinner you could see it was covered with all sorts of lights and decorations. You stood in front of the door and looked up, but could not see the top. How tall is this building? You looked back at the door and took a deep breath. You grabbed the handle and tried to turn it. It wouldn’t budge. It’s locked? You stared at it in surprise and tried turning it again. Nothing. You sighed and were about to turn around when suddenly the door was opened by a pretty blonde boy. He held the door open for you and courteously showed you the way with his hand.

The main hall was small. In fact, it was not a hall at all, but a simple room with a desk and a few luggage carts in it, and three doors. Outside of the boy that held the door open for you, there were three others in the room. One of them, standing behind the desk, said “Welcome~” as you entered.

“Um…” Not sure what to say, you walked up to the desk.

“Would you like to stay the night here?” He asked.

You stared at him for a moment, and then nodded. He opened his notebook, which had a lot of names and room numbers written neatly and doodles on the sides. Clicking his pen on, he asked “What’s your name?”

You hesitated. You didn’t want to use the name your parents have given you. After a moment of consideration you said, “Daeyang. Seung Daeyang.”

He wrote the name in his notebook. “And what planet are you from?”

You were surprised by the question. “I’m from, um… Mars.” You said the first planet that popped into your head.

One of the boys, who was sitting in the corner of the room jumped up. “You mean there’s actually life on Mars?” He stared at you with wide eyes.

“Well… if there wasn’t I wouldn’t be here would I?” Hehe, this is fun.

Then you snapped out of it.

“How much does one night cost?”

“It’s $10 a night.” He said. You stared at him in shock.

“Only $10?”

“For our first Martian here, yes. We have to spread our popularity among different planets.”

“Th-thank you,” you said quietly, feeling a little suspicious of him. But at the same time you were glad because you didn’t have a lot of money to pay for the hotel and for food.

“I’m Suho, by the way.” He held out his hand.

You gladly shook it.  “Nice to meet you.” He nodded and smiled.

“Baekhyun,” Suho called to a boy sitting on one of the luggage carts. “Take Daeyang-ssi’s luggage up to her room.”

“Um…” you interrupted him. “I actually don’t have any luggage with me.”

“Oh,” Suho said. He suddenly smiled. “Why don’t you give her a ride in the luggage cart up to her room?”

You felt yourself turning red. What am I, a kid? But at the same time you kind of wanted to. So you walked up to Beakhyun who nodded his head at the luggage cart. You got on it and he pushed you over to one of the doors. He pressed the button on the side and the elevator opened. He pushed you inside. When you got off at the 6th floor, he pushed the luggage cart out. Then, without a warning, he started running. He pushed the cart and ran so fast that at first you lost your balance, but managed to grab on to the cart on time before you fell off. After about a minute he stopped in front of room number 624. You got off the cart.

“Thank you,” you smiled at him. He nodded and walked away with the cart without a word. You shrugged and opened the door. Your room seemed average at first glance. It had one queen-sized bed, a wardrobe, a small table with a chair, a small kitchen, and a bathroom. But one thing surprised you. There was a huge stereo next to the bed. You turned it on and it blasted hip hop music. You quickly quieted it down before your head exploded. You looked at the options on the stereo. There was no CD slot and no radio station changing options. There was just one source of music, and you had no clue where it was coming from. Then it stopped. The song ended, and there was a long high-pitched BEEEEEEEEEEP. Annoyed, you turned the stereo off.

There was a knock on the door. You went over and opened it. There stood a boy (maybe in his late teens) with curly orange hair dressed in a typical girl’s maid outfit, except with sweatpants underneath.

“Hello, I’m your maid, Chanyeol.”

“Hello,” you said, “but I don’t need a maid in at the moment, I just got here.”

“That’s okay, let me just make sure everything’s clean for you,” Without another word he walked inside and started looking at every little piece of the room, every shelf, every drawer. You just stood at the door and watched him. He noticed you just standing there and said, “If you’re hungry you can go down to the second floor. We have a really good cook, and he can make anything that you ask him for.”

A-anything? Your eyes lit up. “I-I’ll go downstairs then. Thank you for taking care of my room!” You blurted and ran down the hallway in search of the elevator. Before you knew it you were lost. What kind of a hotel has such complicated hallways?

Desperately you looked for the way out. At this point you didn’t even know how to get back to your room. There was no one around to ask. Your heart was beating fast with fear of not being able to find the way out. Luckily, you heard movement inside one of the rooms nearby and knocked on the door. The door flew open and a pretty girl greeted you.

“Ayo wassup~” she said with a huge smile. Seeing that you just stared at her awkwardly she coughed and straightened up. “Yes? What do you want?”

“Um…” You tried to calm yourself down. “Where’s the elevator?”

“It’s right around the corner,” she pointed down the hallway. “Just turn right.”

“Thank you,” you bowed and started to turn but she stopped you.

“If you managed to get lost up here, you should probably have someone to guide you if you wanna get somewhere in the building.”

“I’m trying to find the kitchen.”

“Come, I’ll take you there.” She locked her door and waved her hand for you to follow.

When you reached the second floor she took you through a maze of hallways before you reached the kitchen.

“Go on inside, Kyungsoo should be in there, ready to make food. But be very careful with what you say to him, he’s very sensitive.”

You nodded, “Oh by the way I’m-” You stopped yourself last moment from saying your real name. “Daeyang, room 624.”

“Seolhae, room 654,” she smiled and nodded for you to go in the kitchen. You bowed slightly and went inside.

“Hello?” you called quietly. The kitchen was pretty small for such a big hotel. There were many pots and silverware and dishes of many different sizes and a huge refrigerator next to a normal sized stove. But they were all somehow fit in a small room, with enough space for only about 3 people to move around comfortably.

“Is there anyone in here?” You took a step forward, then stopped, spotting a pair of huge eyes peering out at you from behind the counter. You titled your head to the side. The head hid behind the counter. You walked over to it and looked behind to find a young man with beautiful big eyes staring at you in fear.

“Are you Kyungsoo?” You asked. He nodded nervously. “A-are you the cook here?” You asked, becoming nervous yourself. He nodded, a little more calmly this time. He gulped quietly. You couldn’t help but smile. He looked to shy and innocent!

“W-w-w-would you l-like something to e-e-eat?” he quietly asked. You nodded.

“W-w-w-what w-would you l-like?”

“I would like…” You hesitated, thinking of all the wonderful foods in the world. You were about to say fried chicken, but then you reconsidered. Right now making him feel more comfortable seemed more important. “Whatever you feel most confident in. I’d like to try your favorite dish to make.”

He blushed.

No, he didn’t just blush. His whole entire face turned into a red tomato.

“D-d-d-do you l-like b-b-bibimbap?” he asked.

A smile grew on your face. You wanted to yell out ‘YES BIBIMBAP!’ but you didn’t want to scare him, so instead you said, “Yes, I do.”

He bowed slightly then started walking towards the fridge. He took out all the ingredients he needed and started preparing the food. Noticing you were just standing there, he said, “Y-y-you can w-w-wait in the c-c-c-cafeteria.”

Figuring that he would feel uncomfortable with you standing there, watching him prepare the food, you headed for the door marked ‘cafeteria’.

When you opened the door you couldn’t see anything. Suddenly all your senses seemed to go blank as you smelled the best smell in the entire world. FRIED CHICKEN… you felt yourself drooling. You followed the smell, until you found it, shining the way fried chicken does, calling you. You reached out with your hand in an attempt to grasp the beauty, but you felt a hand slap yours, bringing you back to the cafeteria. A young man was glaring at you, his mouth full of chicken, a chicken wing in his other hand.

He swallowed. “What fo you think you’re doing?!”

You blinked a couple of times and wiped the drool off of the edge of your mouth. “I-I-I w-was just- I th-thought… chicken…” You sighed and looked at the owner of the chicken.

“It’s MY chicken!!” He said and went back to eating. Sighing again you turned around and sat on the other side of the cafeteria to try to get away from the smell. You didn’t want to get yourself in trouble on your first night at the hotel for stealing chicken. Depressed you put your head on the table and drooled. I should have asked him to make me fried chicken.

Twenty minutes passed. Your food wasn’t ready yet. You were slowly falling asleep. Suddenly you felt a tap on your shoulder. Slurping your drool, you sat up to see the chicken guy holding a bowl half-filled with chicken.

“You… like chicken?” He asked with a serious face. You nodded. He sat down next to you and put the bowl in front of you. “Here.”

You stared at him in shock. “I-it’s okay, I ordered my own food.”

“Oh.” He said and pulled the bowl away from you. He sat down and started eating. You looked at the chicken longingly. Don’t drool, don’t drool. But you drooled. Seeing your expression, he handed you a chicken wing.

“If you really like chicken, you can eat it right?” He looked at you. “No matter how full you get?”

That was true. When it comes to chicken, you could just keep eating. You took the chicken wing from his hand and started eating. Next thing you knew the whole bowl was empty. The guy sat back and rubbed his stomach. “I’m Jinki by the way.”

“Daeyang.” You smiled. You just met someone who shared your love for chicken.

Feeling satisfyingly full, you leaned back in your seat.

The door to the kitchen opened and Kyungsoo looked out. Spotting you, he walked over to the table and placed the big plate of bibimbap in front of you. You looked at it with wide eyes. How can I possibly eat all this after all that chicken? But then you saw Kyungsoo looking at you expectantly. You gulped. You took a pair of chopsticks and tried the food. Your eyes lit up and your stomach didn’t feel so full anymore.

“Kyungsoo this is amazing!”

He smiled. It was a shy, but beautiful smile, with the all the worry that was clouding his big eyes before fading away. He bowed and walked back toward the kitchen, but you could see that there was certain happiness to his step. You turned back to your food and started devouring the delicious bibimbap. With the corner of your eye you could see Jinki looking at you, then at the food, then at you, then at the food again. With a small laugh you took out another pair of chopsticks and handed them to him. “You want some?” With a big smile, he took the chopsticks, and you began inhaling the food together.

___________________________________________________________________________

This was the very first fanfic I ever wrote, so I hope you liked it! ~Chunsa