Chapter Six

The Alchemist

Although there were other ways he could have used to communicate, Yong Junhyung preferred this century's method of choice : the cell phone.

Settling back into the cool leather interior of the limousine, he flipped open the phone, pointed it to where Lee Hyori was slumped unconscious between 2 dripping Golems and took a quick picture.

Lee Hyori. His prisoner. Now, that was certainly something for the photo album.

Junhyung keyed in a number and hit Send, then he tilted his head, looking at the graceful woman across from him. 

Capturing Hyori had been an extraordinary of good fortune, but he knew he'd only managed it because she'd used up so much energy destroying his Golem.

He his chin. He was going to have to make more Golems soon.

He looked at the two opposite. In the brief time they had been outside in the early-afternoon sun, they had started to crack and melt. The big one on Hyori's left was dripping black river mud across the leather seat.

Perhaps he would choose something other than Golems next time. The brutish creatures worked fine in damper climates, but were especially unsuited to a West Coast summer.

He wondered if he still had the recipe to create a ghoul.

It was Hyori who presented him with a problem, however- a serious problem. He simply wasn't sure how powerful she was.

Junhyung had always been rather in awe of te tall, elegant Koreanwoman. When he'd first apprenticed himself to Jung Jihoon, the Alchemyst, he'd make the mistake of underestimating her. He'd quickly found that Lee Hyori was at least as powerful as her husband- in fact, there were some areas in which she was even more powerful.

Those traits that made Jihoon such a brilliant alchemyst- his attention to detail, his knowledge of ancient languages, his infinite patience- simply lacked the imaginative spark of pure visualization that was needed for that work.

Hyori, on the other hand, was one of the most powerful sorceresses he had ever encountered.

Junhyung pulled off one of his gray leather gloves and dropped it onto the seat beside him.

Leaning toward Hyori, he dipped his finger in the puddle of mud dripping from one of the Golems and traced a curling symbol on the back of the woman's left hand. Then he painted a mirror image of the symbol on her right hand.

He dipped his hand in the sticky black mud again and was inscribing 3 wavy lines on her forehead when she suddenly opened her bright green eyes.

Junhyung abruptly sat back in his seat.

" Madame Hyori. I cannot tell you what a pleasure it is to see you again. "

Hyori opened to speak, but no words would form.

She tried to move, but not only were the Golems gripping her arms tightly, her muscles refused to obey.

"Ah, you must excuse me, but i've taken the liberty of placing you under a warding spell. A simple spell, but it will suffice until i can organize something more permanent. " Junhyung smiled, but there was nothing humorous in his expression.

His cell phone trilled, playing the song from BEAST, Mastermind and he flipped it open. "Excuse me, " he said to Hyori.

"You got the photo ?" Junhyung asked. "Yes, i thought that would amuse you. The legendary Lee Hyori in our hands. Oh, i'm quite sure Jihoon will come after her. And we'll be ready. This time he will not escape. "

Hyori could clearly hear the crackle of laughter on the other end.

"Yes, of course. " Junhyung reached into an inside pocket and took out the copper-bound book.

"We have the Codex. Finally. " He began to turn the think rough-edge pages as he spoke.

His voice fell, and it was unclear whether he was talking to the caller or to himself. "10 thousand years of arcane knowledge in one place ... "

Then his voice trailed away. The phone dropped from his hand and bounced across the floor of the car.

At the back of the book, to pages were missing, roughly torn out.

Junhyung closed his eyes and then his lips with a quick flicking movement of his tiny tongue (A/N : oh dear god /brb dying LOL)

"The boy," he rasped, "the boy, when i pulled it from his hand." He opened his eyes and began to scan the preceding pages carefully.

"Maybe they're not important .., " he mmurmured, lips moving as he followed the shifting, moving words.

He concentrated on the bright illuminated letters at the top of every page, which gave a clue to what followed.

Then he stopped abruptly, clutching the book in trembling fingers.

When he raised his head, his eyes were blazing. "I'm missing the Final Summoning! " he howled.

Yellow sparks danced around his head, and the rear window behind him bloomed a spiderweb of white cracks.

Trendils of yellow-white power dripped from his teeth like saliva. "Go back! " he roared to the driver. "Go back now. No, stop. Cancel the order. Jihoon's no fool. They'll be long gone. "

He snatched the phone off the floor and, avoiding Hyori's eyes, took a moment to compose himself. He drew in a deep shuddering breath and visibly calmed himself, then dialed.

"We have a slight problem, " he said crisply into the phone, voice calm and unemotional.

"We seem to be missing a couple of pages from the back of the book. Nothing important, i'm sure. Perhaps you would do me a courtesy." he said very casually. "You might convey to the Davichi that i am in need of her services. "

Junhyung noticed that Hyori's eyes had widened in shock at the mention of the name.

He grinned in delight. "Tell her I need her special talents and particular skills. "

Then he snapped the phone shut and looked over at Lee Hyori.

"It would have been so much easier if they had just given me the Codex. Now the Davichi is coming. And you know what that means. "

---------------------------

Chapter 6 done :D

Special appearance from the duo Davichi <3 Hehe. Love them both ^-^

Who wants a double update ? :B HEHEHE.