Backstage Seats

Backstage Seats

 

Mir stirred and made a soft noise.  He stretched his arms and his large eyes blinked once.  He stared straight at you.  You froze, not knowing what to do.  All of a sudden, Mir broke into a huge grin.  "Jagi~ good morning!  How long have you been awake?"  Stutturing, you replied, "Umm… like… only a few minutes!"  Embarrassed, you shrugged and went back under the covers.  You didn't want to tell Mir you've been awake for the past hour.  "Nadia! It's already 1.  I have to go to a schedule, but I guess you can come watch."  Mir rubbed his sleepy eyes.  He looked exactly like a puppy.  "Oh-okay… I guess I'll get ready!" You leaped out of bed and went straight to the bathroom.
The bathroom was neat and organized for a bunch of boys.  There was a little vanity stand with BB cream, eyeliner, foundation, and other makeup essentials.  You washed your face and put on the fanciest looking BB cream.  If you were going to go somewhere with MBLAQ, you had to look good.
 
To your surprise, only Mir and Joon were going to the radio show.  The 87-line and Thunder decided to get samgyupsal downtown.  The skies were clear, and the weather was crisp and chilly.  The three of you walked to the large black van waiting for you guys.  Manager Kevin opened the door and helped you inside.  The van was huge on the inside, with a minifridge and other things as well. You sat next to Mir and he took your hand.  His palms were warm, compared to your nearly frozen hands.  "The studio isn't very far from here, only 15 minutes or so.  Wanna listen to some music?" He grinned.  Mir clicked some buttons on the stereo and music started playing.  It was G.O and Mir's "Wild."  The bass pounded through the van and you felt energized.  The drive felt so much quicker.
 
Joon hopped out of the van and held out his hand for you.  Stepping down, you looked up at the huge building in front of you.  "Did you know SuKiRa is recorded here also?"  Mir's hot breath was in your ear.  He laced his fingers through yours and began walking.  You would follow him wherever he went.
(after the show lol)
You walked down the stairs of the building, chatting with Mir.  The radio broadcast had just ended and it was a lot of fun, even though you were merely watching.  In order to get you inside the building, the manager had to lie that you were Mir's cousin.  It upset you a bit, but you didn't mind.  You weren't sure about letting others know about your relationship.  "That was actually fun!  Nadia, what do you wanna eat for dinner?  Let's get-"  Mir was cut off.  The manager began speaking.  "We should go back.  There's food at the dorm."  His sentences were short and he sounded annoyed.  Mir scowled and said, "Fine.  Sorry, Nad…" he turned his puppy eyes at you and your knees felt weak.  Only Mir could do this to you.
 
"Manager-nim, I'm gonna go back to the dorm a bit later… I wanna go shopping first!"  Mir said cheerfully.  The manager glanced back at Mir and replied, "Alright… are you taking Nadia with you?"  He gave you a furtive glance.  You didn't think he liked you very much.  Mir walked over and touched your arm.  "Yeah, she's coming with me!  Kaja,"  Mir looked into your eyes, and in his eyes you saw him pleading.  You nodded slightly and began walking to Mir's small convertible.  The manager waved, said "See you later," and went back to the black van with Joon.
 
Mir carefully parallel-parked on the curb of the road.  "Aren't you proud of your boyfriend's driving skill?"  He grinned and poked you.  You rolled your eyes slightly and opened the car door.  Somehow, Mir was already by your door and offered his hand to help you out of the car.  Small things like this made you feel jittery and excited.  He took your small hand into his and helped you down.  His hand held yours as you walked through the streets of downtown Seoul.  "Jagiya, I want to take you out somewhere for lunch.  We aren't actually going shopping…" he said sheepishly.  You smiled and thanked him, but inside you hoped he would tell you what was going on.  Daydreaming, you forgot to pay attention to what Mir was saying.   "That sounds good, right?"  Mir trailed off.  He could tell you weren't listening.  You felt sorry.  "Oh, I was just thinking… what were you saying?"  Mir repeated everything he'd said - all the restaurant choices you had for lunch.  Eventually, the two of you decided to go to a small tea cafe.  It was cute and chic, and right in the middle of downtown.
 
"After you,"  Mir ushered you in the door.  His hand wrapped protectively around your waist.  Some of the people, drinking their coffee or reading a magazine, looked up at you two, startled.  It was evident that many people recognized you.  Soon, more and more people entered the cafe, hoping to get a glimpse of Mir and his new girlfriend.   You panicked a little.  Mir calmly said, "It's okay.  Let's go sit outside, I don't think anyone would follow us there."  He led you to a door labelled "Terrace" and the both of you went outside.  Mir was right - no one was sitting outside.  There were a few tables set out with colorful umbrellas shading them.  He sat down at one of them and you sat right across from him.  His piercing eyes were looking through yours, and you felt anxious again.  "So… I wanted to tell you… about something Seungho and G.O hyungs let me know about."  You nodded.  Whatever it was, you wanted Mir to tell you already.  "And there were pictures of us.  In this newspaper or magazine,"  he coughed.  "We should be more careful with our appearance.  MBLAQ is a famous group and the members agreed, we wouldn't want to hurt our public appearance.  It's kind of ridiculous but it's true,"  Mir shrugged.  "Anyway, Seungho and G.O told me to either break up with you, or take a break from MBLAQ for a while.  I'm definitely not breaking up with you either way."  He reached out from across the table and took your hands.  He squeezed them gently and said, "You're too precious to me."   This was a little unexpected and you didn't know what to say.