Time Freeze

No Name,Anonymosity,Curiousity Kills The Cat

 

In his dream, he felt like he was fleeting past a scene of a horror movie and a romance movie mashed into one and has really bad edits. First, there was this whole fire blazing around some kind of village the  and he found himself holding a girl in his arms and she was bleeding and muttering something.

“Save … now or it’ll be too late and the night sky can no longer provide you the answers that you might need in the future.” It sounded like there was a bad statistics over the radio so he couldn’t hear who he has to save. (a/n : you know when you’re passing through a tunnel or in a remote area, your radio will go like zzzzschhhhh….zschh)

 Then all of a sudden he was dragged to another scene but this time different, the air is fresh with the sun rays on the surface of the clear blue ocean. He looked all around him and a mansion built in the middle of nowhere was just a few miles ahead of him. He walked along the dusty path filled with gravels and potholes towards the mansion. After what seems like a 15-minute walk, he was still far away from the mansion as if the mansion moves back a step if he takes a step forward.

“CHANGMIN-A~” he heard someone calling him from behind and when he turned around, it all turned black once again before he could even make out the face of whose sweet voice it belongs to.  There, Shim Changmin woke up clueless not knowing that his life will change just because of this dream.

 

-CHANGMIN’s POV-

I woke up perspiring after that stupid nightmare, maybe not much of a nightmare but the part where I held a girl who’s bleeding from a deep wound was pretty disturbing and also the stuffs she said about saving someone. If this kind of event happens in real life, it would be so overwhelming and thrilling at the same time.

I took a long time in the shower trying to get the image out of my head and finally dressed with newly washed clothes did I managed to set aside the thought of me holding the mysterious girl. My parents greeted me cheerfully when I passed by the kitchen while my dog pounced on me with a baseball in gesturing me to play ‘catch’ with her.

I head to work picking up bagels and coffee at Yesung and Ryeowook hyungs’ shop along the way. Greeting me when I entered was Donghae, my fishy secretary and my partner in crime, Jaejoong when I went into my office.

“Sup, bro?” Jaejoong greeted me with that grin of his.

“What are you doing here, Joong?” I answered while hanging my coat and putting my briefcase aside with my back turned before coldness suddenly filled up the entire room. First of all, with the air conditioner on and the heater, it wouldn’t be this cold and it’s nearly reaching the end of spring. No trembling or anything just that it feels like the cold pierced right through my heart and raises the hair on my arms.

After a moment, there was just a long silence and everything was really still so I turned around wanting to question him again just to discover he was slouching and not breathing; his eyes looking at the window behind my desk. I titled my head and poked him in the ribs but there was no reaction. The same goes to when I waved my hand in front of him and pinching his nose. ‘This is weird but this can’t be happening, can it?’ I went out to see if Donghae was also in pause mode and what greets me wasn’t a smiling Fishy but a falling fish with his mouth wide open pause in midair; his daily dose of chocolate milk in one hand and mails in another.

‘Time freeze, didn’t it? I’m the only one who’s moving, breathing while experiencing this weird…uh…moment but that’s just plain ridiculous and imposs-“ I was interrupted by a piece of paper that’s falling from the ceiling slowly floating downwards on to my hand. I turned it over to check if there’s any content on written on it---

‘She’s dead.’

He took one look at it and slips it into his pocket without over thinking about the note and the time freeze. Five minutes later, time unfroze and Jaejoong turned to look at him in the eye which was kinda rare and creepy since his eyes seems to be shrouded in mystery and burns with anger; he never really looks at me in the eyes unless he gets in his ‘umma mode’. Outside I heard a groan and things dropping on the floor, the chocolate milk must have stained Donghae’s shirt really bad unless he has to clean up the carpet, pick up everything that fell with him and endure the pain of falling on his too.

“Min, I don’t really know how to say this but… I’m not really who you think I am,”