Chaerin’s Story: Breaking off!

Enchanted & Entangled!

 

Chaerin is waiting for Jun Hyung at Purple Coffee as they promised. Today is their special day. It’s their 3 years anniversary. She brought him a present beforehand. The girl keeps glancing at her surprise gift giddily. Will he like it?

An hour passed by. There’s no sign of him anywhere. Where can he be? He never this late before! She started to doubt. Jun Hyung has been acting weird lately. Wonder what happen to him. She keeps checking her cellphone for any inbox or missed calls. Just then, she receives a call. Without looking at the caller ID, she quickly picked it up.

“Oppa! Where are you!?” she asked.

“Yah! It’s me Hyun Jae! What are you out with Jun Hyung oppa again?” Hyun Jae asked. Her voice sounds like she displeased at her friend’s boyfriend. Actually she hates him for some reasons but she just couldn’t tell to Chaerin.

“Aish! It’s just you?” Chaerin’s voice her frustrations. Hyun Jae is her best friend since their childhood times. But she had to move away to continue her study and it’s been a year since they ever contact each other. She’s just too busy with her studies.

“What aren’t you glad that I’m calling you? This girl!” she shouts at Chaerin.

“Aniya... I’m just stressed out. I just slept for an hour last night to finish my assignment and study for my test today. And now I’ve been waiting for Jun Hyung for... more than an hour!” she glance on the clock hanging on the cafe wall.

“Pshh! That bastard, how dare he make my girl wait!! Hey, I just arrived at the train station. I want to sleep at your house for a few days. Can I?” she asked.

“Sure. I’m at the Purple Coffee House. Near my neighbourhood.” She replied.

“Okay, I’m coming.” Hyun Jae cuts the call.

After another hour, Hyun Jae arrived with her bag. Chaerin waved at her bestie and they hugged each other. Hyun Jae looked around but didn’t found Jun Hyung anywhere.

“Wait, don’t tell me he’s not here yet!?” Hyun Jae fumes. NAPEUN SAEKKI!! Chaerin just nods like a kid. “Have you called him?” she asked.

“I did, but it went into the voicemail. I think his battery is dead.” She tried to think optimistically. Battery is dead?!! FOR TWO HOURS?!! That’s unreasonable!!

“Don’t tell me this isn’t the first time he’s late...” she held her head and support it to the table.

“Oppa’s been acting weird for the past month. I don’t know what’s wrong with him. I thought we can meet up today and I can ask him what’s wrong but...” she looked down.

“MWO?!!” Hyun Jae shouted out loud. All customers in the cafe glance at them. Chaerin who was startled by her best friend’s reaction apologized to them. “I’m so punching that guy up if I ever see his face!” she said sternly. “And you!!! You should have listen to me and break up with him! There’s a whole bunch of guys who are chasing you!!” she glared at Chaerin.

“Welcome to Purple Coffee House!” the waiter greet the customer. Chaerin turned to the door way and flashes smile.

“Oppa!!!” she called out happily. Jun Hyung just waved at half-heartedly before he walks to their table. “I’ve been calling you for a few times but you didn’t answer or even call back. Is something wrong?” she asked as soon as Jun Hyung sits. But then, Jun Hyung gestured her to shut up.

“Hey, don’t you know to apologize after coming late?!” Hyun Jae flares up. Jun Hyung turns his face to the other way, displeased at Hyun Jae’s words. “YAH!! I’m talking to you, you son of a !!!” Hyun Jae shouts. Chaerin tried to calm her down.

“Sorry!!” he said rudely. Hyun Jae scoffed. “That’s enough is it?” he glances at Hyun Jae.

“Mwo?! Yah, Chaerin-ah! What is it that you like so much about him?! I don’t see anything on him!” she turned to Chaerin. Chaerin were taking a back by her friend question. What do I like about him? She tried to think.

“I...I...” she couldn’t answer it. Suddenly, Jun Hyung tossed something on the table which caught Chaerin attention as it rolls on the table and fell down to the floor. She picked it up.

“Oppa... Why are you throwing this away?” she looked at the couple ring that she bought for him. Hyun Jae was speechless at his action. “What is the meaning of this?” she started to tremble.

“I’m breaking off with you!” he said it on her face. At first, Chaerin thought she heard it wrongly and tried to laugh to it.

“Oppa, you’re joking right? Hahaha... Oppa, you’re such a prankster!” Chaerin dodged it but the unchanged expression on Jun Hyung face made her heart breaks into pieces.

“Do I look like I’m joking?! I had enough with you! Don’t even think of showing you face to me again! You’re just a burden to me!! You annoying !!” he yells at her. Chaerin could only listen to the words he said as it stabs her heart and cuts it into pieces. “I’m going to kill you if you ever did!!” he warns her and leaves Chaerin and Hyun Jae both shocked. The whole cafe customers whispering to each other, gossiping about the break up that just happen in front of them. 

Chaerin felt unsatisfied and follows him out. “YAH!! Where are you going?!!” Hyun Jae looked at her running out the cafe. She decided to leave them alone. But something just urging her to follow Chaerin so she started to chase her too. Chaerin found Jun Hyung alone on the motorcycle parking lot alone.

“OPPAA!!” she pulled his arm. “Why?! Why do you want to break up with me?!” she asked while crying. Jun Hyung pulled his arm away harshly.

“I’m tired of you! Get lost from my sight!” he pushed her. Chaerin fall back to her . Just then, Jun Hyung had a phone call and he quickly picked it up. “Baby girl! Oppa is on my way.” He answered it. Baby girl??! Chaerin’s face changed as she listen. “Don’t be mad baby... I’ll be there soon to pick you up.” He said and cuts the phone call.

“Is that the reason?! You got another girl?!” Chaerin raise her voice. Jun Hyung ignored her while wearing his leather gloves and jacket. “Look at me! I’m talking to you!!” she pulls his arm. Jun Hyung started to get irritated by her presence.

“This crazy !!!” he pulls away and slaps her. “I told you to get lost!!!” he hits her again and she stumbles to the ground. “Leave me alone!” he even hits her with his helmet! Chaerin groans in pain. Jun Hyung wears his helmet before riding his bike and leaves Chaerin alone lying on the pavement.

“Chaerin-ah!!!!!!!” Hyun Jae found Chaerin on the ground, hurt. “Yah!! You’re badly hurt!!” her friend help wipes the blood flows from her lips. The physical wound didn’t hurt as much like what she feels inside. She’s depressed. Hyun Jae pitied her and felt guilty at the same time.

 

_____________________________________________________

 

A few days later, Chaerin still haven’t snapped out of it. She didn’t bother to eat or drink. She just lying on her bed. Hyun Jae couldn’t take it any longer and contacted her mother for help. Her mother helps out to cook her meals but she didn’t even look at it. The two almost give up on her.

“Chaerin-ah.... Can I lay next to you?” that night Hyun Jae came into her room. Chaerin didn’t say anything. She just makes some space for her friend to lie down. Seeing this, Hyun Jae was relieved.

“Hyun Jae-ah...” Chaerin calls.

“Hmm?” she replied.

“Why did you hate him so much back then?” Chaerin asked. Hyun Jae sighed.

“Mianhae...” Hyun Jae apologizes.

“What for?”

“I should have told you beforehand so things like this wouldn’t happen to you... I know that he’s cheating on you...” she confessed. Chaerin stiffens. “You remember his friend Dong Hoon right?”

“Emm...”

“He told me about Jun Hyung had another girl. He told me to tell it you but I was hesitated... I was scared that you weren't going to believe in me...”

SILENCE

“Chaerin-ah?” Hyun Jae turned her back to look at her friend. But she turns her back at her so she doesn’t know what’s her reaction was. Is she crying?!  “I’m sorry....” she told her.

“What difference does it makes now? We still breaking up....” Chaerin chuckles. “I... I wouldn’t date anymore....” she told Hyun Jae. Her friend seems to be surprised at her statement.

“What are you saying?”

“I’m just going to wait for someone to propose me. I’m going to wait for the first lucky person! I don’t care if I don’t really know him. Love can come after that.” Chaerin said.

“What are you going to do if that person is an old man!?” Hyun Jae jokes. Chaerin laughed at her friend’s imagination.

“Make sure he got tons of money and also write a will to leave that to me!” Chaerin jokes. The two giggles and teased each other through the night.

 I promised that I’ll never give more than what I take. I’ll promise that I’ll never love somebody with my whole heart anymore... That’s what Chaerin hold on to till these day. But she doesn’t know that fate and destiny is playing with her future...