Chapter 1

He's My Brother.

 

“Oh I can’t believe my baby is leaving me again.” That is my mother, middle age Asian woman, who has a favorite. The person who holds a place in her heart is Jaebeom, I supposed that I would, being the youngest and all but I guess I’m not always right.
 
“Mom, I’m leaving too.”
 
“Right. I can’t believe my babies are leaving.” She pinched my cheek, which stung when she pulled away, and hugged Jaebeom. See she only hurts me, and she knows I hate when she pinches me. “Make sure you eat, and study. Oh! Don’t forget to call us once in a while.” 
 
I’m surprised she didn’t tell us to not get caught and by fans. Now I questioned why I was going to Korea when I had nothing to do with it but I think it’s because this time Jay will be alone and everyone knows he can’t cook. I’ve watched a few clips of him when he was over there, and yeah he isn’t the smoothest at times. So basically, I’m going over to take care of him while attending some Korean collage.
 
“Honey, they have to go or they’ll miss there flight.” My father. He bends under the law of my mother or that’s how I see it. Of course, he has enforced a few things but that’s when I get bad grades. Again nothing about Jay. “Jay, don’t forget to call your manger.”
 
Of course, at that moment Jay pulled out his phone and handed me one of his bags that I had to bring to the car. Dad, of course helped me out. It anything him and me are pretty close of course that’s because Mom spend almost every waking second with Jay while she can. I understated why she does it but it’s annoying.
 
Dad drove us to the airport, while mom went to work, we said goodbye and boarded the plane. Jay had a seat in the middle of the plane, Jay’s manger was a next to him and I was off in the back. I had to buy a separate plane ticket since Mom thought of her amazing idea after Jay’s manger already bought the tickets. I’m just glad we had the same flight and I wouldn’t be lost in South Korea by myself.
 
I do indeed know how to speak Korean, with both my mom and dad who speak to us in Korean and I do stalk a few groups from over there, mostly girl groups. 
 
I watched as a woman in her late twenties-early thirties come to the front and explained a few things and thank us for taking this flight. We all buckled our seatbelt and then we were off in to the air. I had a seat nowhere near the window so no image of the city shrinking down and the cars looking like bugs. Nope nothing just an elderly woman and her granddaughter who looked to be seven.
 
“Excuse me Mister but can you ask for a bag of peanuts for me?” I stared at the little girl, I suppose she’s of Korean background since she’s on a flight to Korea. 
 
“Sure, when they come around with them.” She smiled brightly and I knew she would pretty when she grew up. A little later the stewards came around and I gave my bag to the little girl who’s American name was Kim. “Kimmy why are you going to Korea?”
 
“Grandma said we should see my parents.” She was a sweet little girl and she was the only one on board I could talk to. I notice Jay had people to talk to. His management, a few collage girls who knew who he was, and a few older woman also. “Why are you going to Korea?”
 
“Babysitting.”
 
“All the way in Korea?”
 
“Yep, this person doesn’t know how to cook, or clean or anything and I work for cheap. He’s right over there, so tell him to learn some life skills when he gets off.” She nodded and I laughed to myself. I wonder if she really is going to tell him that or if she’s going to forget.
 
I fell asleep in no time and when I woke up everyone was a sleep. There was two hours until landing, and there was nothing to do. I waited the next two long hours, the other passengers on board woke up and soon they airport came into view.
 
“Please buckle your seatbelts. We are about to land. Thank you for flying with us.”
 
I wonder how many time Jay hear those words. We landed with a few small bumps and then the plane was hooked up with the airport with the tunnel. I was one of the last to leave. In the tunnel were Jay and his management waiting for me. I felt grateful but then that little girl came by.
 
See stopped right in front of us and looked into the group. “You know, you should really learn some life skills instead of making someone else do it.”
 
Right after that, her grandmother pulled her away and I let out a laugh. I didn’t think she would really do it, and the look of Jay’s face was just too funny.
 
“Did she just give me a mini lecture?” He looked wide eyes at her direction and pointed to himself. If she were older, I probably ask her to marry me. “I can’t believe it. Not even a minute in Korea and I’m already getting criticized and by a little girl no less.”
 
“Don’t take it to heart Jay, I didn’t think she would say it.” I said between laughs. He walked past me, punched my arm, and put on a pair of sunglasses. I walked behind his management and Jay was somewhere in the middle of them. “South Korea, the Park brothers are here.”
 
“Alright Jay, we can’t go to the dorm right now. We have to go to the photo shoot set first.” We got there and I spent three wasteful hours of my life sitting with the luggage on a small couch as Jay was prettied up and what not.
 
I fell asleep once again and woke up with a stream of drool running down my face. Well not really but it was a bit wet. After that we arrived at the dorm where we where left alone for the time being. Jay’s management left us with some fast food for today so I didn’t have to cook today.
 
“Hey, did you see that girl who walked out when we walked in?”
 
“No, I was carrying half of your stuff.”
 
 “I call dibs~!” He plopped down on one of the seats and I dropped his stuff down in front of him. “I wonder where she lives…”
 
 There was a pause and I took my cases into one of the empty rooms. This was normal for us to call dibs on a girl. Of course, anyone from our town was all Jay because they knew he was famous. Now, I’m not saying anything bad about Jay but he does come off as a player most of the time.
 
“Do you know where Seoul University is?”
 
“Uh, not really. I’ll have manger bring you there tomorrow if you want?” I walked into the kitchen nodding to his reply. He opened one of the food containers and started to eat whatever was inside.
 
---
 
An annoying ringing echoed through the halls. It had stopped but I had already woken up from it. Jay must need to go somewhere, it’s five in the morning, and the Jay I know doesn’t wake up until eleven maybe noon. 
 
I lay in bed for a moment and heard a thump. He fell out of bed again. When will he ever learn?
 
“Ow~!” I got out a bed and walked across my room to my closet. After I ate my dinner, I spent the night hanging up my clothes and Jay did whatever he usually did. “MD! Can you call my manager?”
 
 I couldn’t help but roll my eyes as I walked into the kitchen and picked up the phone. I dialed the number that was scribbled on to a note and taped on the wall next to the phone. After the second ring, someone picked up. “Hello, is this Jaebeom’s manager?”
 
“This is him.”
 
“Great, Jaebeom will be ready by six so if you could come pick him up.” I really feel bad for myself, I’m not suppose to be Jay’s assistant and here I am doing what he needs me to do. I can’t wait to go to college and get away from him.
 
The shower was and Jay wasn’t in his room any more, the only thing I could do was walk around the apartment since we didn’t have food, and the only thing we did have a two bedroom with a bed and a closet. A kitchen with appliances, and a table and then the rest was a small room where nothing was placed. It was bleak, boring, and not suited for an idol.
 
Twenty minutes went by and now I was in the bathroom while Jay was getting dressed. I didn’t have much hot water but living with Jay for most of my life, I know how to deal with it. We were both ready before six and lucky Jay’s manger came ten minutes earlier.
 
I was dropped off at the college campus to fend for myself while Jay would be in some sort of meeting or something like that. I looked around and walked aimlessly for the front entrance or the main office. I had to ask a few students to get to my destination but I got there.
 
“Hello student, can I help you?” A woman early thirties I presume asked me. I handed her my transfer papers. This will take time to get use to. “Alright, it’s a pleasure to have you hear. This is your class schedule, you start class in five days. You can use this time to walk around campus if you would like. Also would you like a dorm?”
 
“No, dorm but I’ll walk around.” She nodded and gave me a visitor’s pass. Walking around I must say the gardens are amazing, I wonder if some club takes care of them.
 
“Late~!” I looked over to find some girl with books in hand rushing to the building close by. Apparently, she was in quite a rush because she fell down. I rushed over to help her, she hadn’t noticed I was there until I picked up, what seemed like, a folder for music sheets. “Thanks.”
 
  “Are you a music student?” She nodded her head and glanced at what I think was my watch.
 
“Sorry I’m late. Thanks for helping me~” She ran away and I stood where I was with my hands in my pocket. I texted Jay that I was finished with the school stuff and he told me he’d be back in a few hours. A few hours could be until nine at night. Another text came in, it was an address. I suppose I should go there if I want to find him.
 
 I made my way but Jay called me after twenty minutes of walking. “Yah, MD get some food on your way, and then go to the tenth floor of the address I gave you, and go to room 1022.”
 
“Am I your servant?” I checked in my wallet for the card Jay’s manger gave us to use. “What do you want?”
 
“Get something for six people, like some fruits or something.” 
 
“Yeah. Yeah. I’m going.” I walked into a corner store, there weren’t any fresh fruits so I bought dried fruits. Making my way up to the room Jay gave me I knocked on the door. I waited and knock on the door for a while bit no one came. “Jay you’re so stupid come open the door!”
 
----
 
I had to go back down by the stairs since the elevator decide to break itself while I was waiting for someone to open the door. I walked up to the front desk and hit the bell lightly. “Can I help you?”
 
“Ah, yes. Some one told me to drop this off to room 1022 on the tenth floor.”
 
“Will give it to them when they come back. Do you want to leave a note?” They gave me a sticky note and a pencil. Yah~! Stop telling me to get stuff for you, get someone else to do stuff for you! “I’ll make sure they get this. Please do have a good day.”
 
My stomach rumbled. I wonder if there out having lunch or something. 
 
“Ah, I’m hungry.” I said, and apparently someone else. I looked over to see some I knew. Let me rephrase that, I recognize him from somewhere, I just don’t know his name.