Final

The regret

The italic in the center is Eli memories. And it's Eli POV.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“hey, are you going late again tonight ?”

“unfortunately yes, Kev. I have an important meeting tonight. Sorry.”

“don’t be. I understand.” He said with a weak curve crept in his lips.

I smiled. I approached he and kissed his forehead.

“I’m sorry, I promise I’ll take one day off to spend  with you. Only you.”

He grinned. “Promise ?”

“Pinky promise.” I smiled and held his little finger up. Relate it with him.

.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.

“you have to go now ?” He asked.

I sighed. “I should, Kev. They need me.”

“But, you promised that …  you would spend the whole day …  with me.” He said as he hung his head down.

I hugged him and let out a heavy sigh.

“I really really sorry, Kev. Really am. I have to go.” I patted his back.

“I’ll be back as soon as possible.” I added. Pulled him from my embrace but still in my arms.

He nodded. “Okay, I’ll waiting.”

.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.

“Kevie~” I called softly. Shook his slender body gently.

He groaned.

“Babe, wake up. It’s not good to slept in the kitchen.”

He opened his eyes slowly. When he sees me, he smiled.

“You’re back.”he said sleepily.

I chuckled.

“I am. I’m sorry for coming late again. I …”

“No, it’s fine. As long as you’re here again, I’m fine.” He cutted.

I smiled.

“Okay. Let’s eat.”

.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.

“Eli !!” Kevin jumped to the bed happily.

“do you rembember what day is today ?” he asked with a big grin in his face.

I tapped my chin as thinking.

“Hmm, Wednesday ?”

That big grin fade bit by bit. Changed to a disappointed look.

“What ? It’s Wednesday right ?” I asked as I checked calendar in the bedside table. It’s right. It’s Wednesday, August 2, 2012. What’s wrong with this day ? Are there any event ? I thought.

“Yeah, it’s Wednesday.” He said.

“And it supposed to be our anniversary.” He mumbled with inaudible voice.

“Sorry ?”

“Nothing. Come on, I already make a dinner for us.” He said with a (fake) big smile.

“I’m sorry, Kev. But, I think I’ll pass it. I already ate with my friends before.”

“B-but, I-I already made m-many f-food. How could I ate that all ?” He asked.

“I told you to not cook many food, Kev. It just be wasted !” I yelled.

He frozed. I don’t care. He just wasted money. Don’t he knew that work is hard ? I turned to my side, facing his face with my back.

“Just take it all to refrigerator, and warm it up tomorrow.” I said coldly.

“O-okay.” Kevin said. He got up from the bed and headed to kitchen. I let out a heavy sigh and fell sleep. Not knowing that he cried that night. Alone.

.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`..

“Hey yo, Eli ! What’s wrong ?” Soohyun asked.

I took a glance to Soohyun and back to my papers.

“nothing.” I answered shortly.

“You sure ? you look … err … not good.”

I sighed. Stretching my body.

“I’m fine, Soohyun hyung. Thanks.” I said as I take a look at him.

“Alright then.” He shrugged.

Silence.

“How’s your boyfriend ?”He asked.

“He’s fine. How’s yours ?

“He’s fine too.” He answered.

“I see you’re so busy lately. You rarely spend your time with your boyfriend, hmm ?” He added.

I rubbed my nape.

“well, I think it is. I rarely pay attention to him and rarely spend my time with him.” I answered.

He shook his head.

“be careful Eli. He might be felt that he’s not that important again for you. He can be bored or …” He stopped.

“Or what ?” I asked curiosly.

“Or the worst possibility is … He’s cheating on you.”

I laughed.

"No, I'm sure that he wouldn't cheating on me. He's a faithful person." I said

Soohyun shrugged.

"Who knows ? It just possibility. But, I warn you, Eli Kim. Be careful."

I laughed again.

"Okay hyung, Thanks for warn me." I said and I continue to scanning my papers.

.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.

"Kevie, I'm baacckk~"

No answer

"Kevie ??" I called again as I undo my shoes and put it to the rack.

Still no answer. Where is he ?

"Kevie, are you home ?" I called again. He rarely go out on this time, beside it was so late.

I headed to kitchen to take a glass of water. when I want to opened the refrigerator, some note stick in there. It says :

"Eli, I went to Hoon's house to have some slumber party. Sorry not inform you before. Ah, I already make dinner. It's in the stove. if you want to eat, just warm it up. Okay ? Kevie~"

I shrugged and warm up the dinner that Kevin made.

.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.

"Where are you come from ?" I asked him coldly.

"Ah, you're home Eli ?"

"Yes. Where are you come from ?" I asked him once again.

He looked at me, and then headed to kitchen. I felt my blood boiled because his act.

"YAH KEVIN WOO, I TALKING TO YOU !! ANSWER MY QUESTION !!"  I yelled.

"Should I ?" He answered calmly.

I approached him and pinned him to the wall. I gripped his wrist and squeez it. He winced.

"Eli, it hurts." he said. tears stinging in his eyes.

"THEN ANSWER MY QUESTION !! WHERE ARE YOU COME FROM ?! WHY YOU JUST BACK IN THIS TIME ?!! IT'S ALREADY TWO IN THE DAMN MORNING !!"  I yelled.

"SO WHAT ? DO YOU CARE ?! YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT YOUR DAMN BUSINESS AND FORGETTING ME ! YOU THINK I'M THAT FINE ?! HELL NO !! I FELT LONELY, ELI ! LONELY ! NOT JUST ABOUT THAT, YOU FORGETTING OUR ANNIVERSARY !! OUR FIRST ANNIVERSARY !! YOU FORGET IT BECAUSE A TIREDNESS OF YOUR DAMN WORK !! YOU FORGET ABOUT ANYTHING !!" He yelled.

Tears start to fell from his eyes. I frozed.

"Enough Eli. Enough. I can't take it anymore. You make me not love you again." He said.

Just like a cue, the sound of thunder heard. My heart clenched. It's like get stabbed a knife right in your heart. So hurt.

"W-what d-do you said ?" I stuttered.

He gulped, take some breath and hung his head down.

"I''m sorry Eli. I just don't love you no more."

Rain start fell from sky. It's like they represent my heart. It's like sky criying for me. because of my stupidity. because I let my lover down and ... go.

.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.

"Li ... Eli ... Eli ... Do you hear me ?"

I snapped from my daydream and take a look to someone who sit beside me.

"y-yeah Kev ?"

"What are you thinking about ? you're so deep in thought." He chuckled.

I smiled. "Sorry, Kev. Just a little problem." I answered.

He frowned. "What problem ? you know  you can tell- "

"Vinnie !!"

Kiseop appeared in front of Kevin as he brought a bouquet of red rose. He kneeled.

"For my beautiful boyfriend." He said as a cheesy smile crept in his lips.

Kevin pouted.

"I'm not beautiful."

"Then, for my handsome boyfriend." Kiseop chuckled.

"That's better~ Thank you, Seoppie !!" He said as he hugged his boyfriend. Correct, his 'new' boyfriend.

I only watched this couple do that lovey-dovey act. Slightly, I felt a jealous in my heart. Yes, because i  still love Kevin. My Kevie~

"Should we go now ?" Kiseop said as he held his hand to help Kevin get up.

"Yap." Kevin beamed and happily accepted Kiseop's hand.

"See you later, Eli. Remember, You can tell me about your problem. Whenever you want. Right Seoppie ?" He said as he glanced to his boyfriend.

"Yes, Eli. You can come to our house whenever you want." Kiseop smiled.

"Thanks guys. I really appreciate it." I smiled.

"Well, we have to go. Thank you for accompany my Vinnie, Eli. See you." Kiseop added.

"yeah, see you." I replied.

With that, they start to left me alone in the park. My smile faded bit by bit with their step. I still not move the bench. I still watched them from behind. Watched my Vinnie happy with another man. I sighed and closed my eyes. If only I follow Soohyun hyung advice, If only I'm not that busy, I'll never lose my Kevie. I'm so stupid. I slapped myself mentally. I'm regret it, but i can't do anything. He's not mine again. Then, some lyric of Craig David played in my mind.

Rain outside my window pouring down
What now, your gone, my fault, I'm sorry
Feeling like a fool cause I let you down
Now it's, too late, to turn it around
I'm sorry for the tears I made you cry
I guess this time it really is goodbye
You made it clear when you said
I just don't love you no more

and I remember one of famous quote, "Regret always come late." and it's true. Regret always come late.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, how is it ??????

I really really wanna know how your opinion !!

thank you for read my story :D